Pst Guide

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
seanml11 said:
Kevin,

Why do I picture you having this info and pics posted on your ceiling right above your bed!? :D ;)

probably will be printed on his toilet paper soon.

His kids will do history projects about the PST and it's place in the evolution of slowpitch one day...

PST wh*re (yes, I'm just jealous... 2 pst's and counting ;) )

lakeyale13

Manager
You never cease to amaze me!!

You should be getting some love from Worth with all the knowledge you dispense!! Great job and very comprehensive! Now if my Freak + would stop being so naughty I might just pick up my Red! Does anyone get the same pop and distance from there Red as they do from there Freak +? I have never really got a good answer on this question. If it does I will consider giving the Red a shot at becoming the "Gamer"!! I have to say that I can't stand the feel of my Freak +, but the results are too unbelievable to put it down.

juice16

The Veteran
mychaluva

mychaluva,

Can I cut and paste this information.

i.e. Do I have your permission?

Thanks

Last edited:

blacksheep

Recovering Bat-a-holic
Thanks for the info. I've been looking for this type of info on PST's for a while now. I think a mod needs to make this thread a sticky in the worth forum.

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
juice16 said:
mychaluva,

Can I cut and paste this information.

i.e. Do I have your permission?

Thanks

The information is Griffey15's, he was just having a problem getting it onto the board so I stepped in to help out. Shoot him a PM and I'm sure he'll say ok, but I just can't since it's not mine to give away.

That being said, thanks for asking... on the internet it's so easy to just copy and use things as your own (note all of the bat pics that I linked from the sbf's bat reviews area).

I'm assuming that he'll say no problem, but it might be nice to mention the source when you use the info.

Griffey15

Hey I have no problem if anyone wants to cut and paste or make toilet paper out of this information! :p And yes Sean, I do have pics of PSTs "strategically" placed throughout the house for alone time...... ;)

A few things about PSTs:

1) You cant give up on them after 50 cuts........takes many BP sessions to get used to the feel and also to consistently find the sweetspot.

2) They are not for everyone, but this great site allows you to buy or trade for one and try it out and if it doesnt work for you then you can trade or sell it!

3) DONT HIT THE FREAKIN TAPER!!!!!!!!!!! EVER! :eek:

Thanks to all for input on this, I wont take credit for all of it as many of you PM'd and responded on here with excellent points and information.

Kevin

seanml11

The Whole Shabangabang
Griffey15 said:
Hey I have no problem if anyone wants to cut and paste or make toilet paper out of this information! :p And yes Sean, I do have pics of PSTs "strategically" placed throughout the house for alone time...... ;)

A few things about PSTs:

1) You cant give up on them after 50 cuts........takes many BP sessions to get used to the feel and also to consistently find the sweetspot.

2) They are not for everyone, but this great site allows you to buy or trade for one and try it out and if it doesnt work for you then you can trade or sell it!

3) DONT HIT THE FREAKIN TAPER!!!!!!!!!!! EVER! :eek:

Thanks to all for input on this, I wont take credit for all of it as many of you PM'd and responded on here with excellent points and information.

Kevin

All I know is that I would not have half of the knowledge on my favorite bat if it not for Mr. Griff. From all of us PST wh***s we salute you by showing you are clean/dent free tapers! :D :p

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
MarlSrSoftball said:
I will be curious when I compare them tomorrow. It did seem to have a definite end load to it.

I compared them this morning and they both feel about the same. One thing that caught me by suprise is the shell length was longer on the PST98 than the PST120's. I never thought to measure my PSTOC before I returned it. If anyone has a PSTOC is the shell longer than the previous PST's also?

Griffey15

Thanks for all the input and suggestions everyone. For now, I think the spreadsheet and pics will help anyone new or interested in a PST to see whats all available and legal for their association of play.

Please feel free to post here or PM if you have more suggestions about what may add value to this post, since it is stickied and everything now! ;)

Griffey15

dingy1234 said:
Hey,

Can you post the actual lengths? Has it always been the same?

SS - 11.5 inches.
LS - 12.5 inches.

Those shell lengths are accurate but it has been noted that even before the 2006 longshell came out to be about 3/8" longer as Marl has pointed out, other PST shells seem to differ 1/8" - 1/4" in lengths. Just count on the SS being about and inch shorter than the LS. Good info!

Afromankam

<font color="Red">Outstanding Bad Dealer</font>
Heres one for ya, I have a 27oz. xpst5 that says "Long Shell" on the shell but only measures out to 11 1/4".

Griffey15

Afromankam said:
Heres one for ya, I have a 27oz. xpst5 that says "Long Shell" on the shell but only measures out to 11 1/4".

The 27oz is a longer than normal shell compared to older PST models, 9% longer in fact. Checkout Worths website, but the "long shell" refers to the shell being longer than in the past on that weight of bat.

WorthSports

Griffey15

ChinMusic said:
One question is there a difference between the R/B 137, B/G 137, and the 2004 PST max?

The shells are made of the same WS137 material but the weighting is different on those bats:

R&B and B&G are endloaded and the 2004 PST Max is balanced.

5stones

Addicted to Softballfans
Nice thread. Really liked the info, especially since I just entered the PST netherworld. Thanks.

westdude

Addicted to Softballfans
hey griff, how about saying which models might have been recertified.

and if you want to tell me right now i'll be fine with that too :)

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
westdude said:
hey griff, how about saying which models might have been recertified.

and if you want to tell me right now i'll be fine with that too :)

I'm sure Griff will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that recertification was only an issue with models prior to the Xtra. Powdershell, Vanadium, B&G, R&B are the models that could be recertified, but they are ASA legal recertified or not. The weighting on the Xtra and Max was balanced enough to pass without a recert, 05/06 PSTs were either ASA 98mph or USSSA models.

westdude

Addicted to Softballfans
mychaluva said:
I'm sure Griff will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that recertification was only an issue with models prior to the Xtra. Powdershell, Vanadium, B&G, R&B are the models that could be recertified, but they are ASA legal recertified or not. The weighting on the Xtra and Max was balanced enough to pass without a recert, 05/06 PSTs were either ASA 98mph or USSSA models.
thanks, i look on ebay every once in awhile to see if there are any good deals on the older psts. now i can ask if they were recerts without looking stupid :)

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
superdafe said:
i'm considering a pstoc 27oz any advice on this bat?

The USSSA version, PSTOC has been stated to be very hot, but it is not all-association legal like the R&B, B&G, Vanadium, and Powdershell which should swing similarly.

Also, Red 2005 PST should perform similarly and is much less expensive (249 NIW, <200 used).

superdafe

Cleanup Man
how does the pstoc compare to the synergy cnt+ as far as distance pop durability stuff like that anything you know about the pstoc will help me out