Pst Guide

westdude

Addicted to Softballfans
superdafe said:
how does the pstoc compare to the synergy cnt+ as far as distance pop durability stuff like that anything you know about the pstoc will help me out
from what i have heard, the pst is tops against harder comp balls, but begins to fade away when it comes to the mush balls. but in the cold months they are all high comp. the cnt is better with low comp, and they can hit the piss out of the ball as well.

the pst is tops in durablity, but the synergys are probaly second.

the cnt has a far and away better sweetspot, but the sweetspot on the pst isn't too bad if you have an accurate swing.

the cnt is balanced to slightly endloaded, and the pst is very endloaded.

the 27 is also a shortsheel, so the barrel is shorter on the pst :)

buser699

Heading Home
What about a listing if the sticker weight is true. I've heard some are heavier that then sticker weight.

superdafe said:
how does the pstoc compare to the synergy cnt+ as far as distance pop durability stuff like that anything you know about the pstoc will help me out

I have a 27oz PSTOC, 30oz syn+, and a 30oz CNT +. The funny thing about these three bats is the OC swings a bit heavier than both my syn+ and cnt+. My advice to you is unless you are comfortable swinging the Eastons in a 30oz weight the 27oz OC will feel very heavy. I have not hit the long shell version of the OC (ie the 28oz or god forbid the 30oz) so I can't say how they swing. If the weight of the OC bothers you I highly recommend getting a B&G PST 137. It weighs less than the R&B but has more of an end loaded feel and packs more punch. My 27oz B&G weighs in at 26.5oz and feels like the OC's lighter (and a bit easier to handle) twin. The OC definitly feels heavy but on a good day I get the most distance from it over the Easton bats. Don't get me wrong. I love both Eastons and the large sweet spots are very very welcome if my swing break down a bit. If I can manage to hit the gym regularly and keep my strength up I can absolutly crush a ball with the OC.

Bottom line, get both because for me, some days my swing just can't handle the OC. I never have that problem with my PST 137 or 30 oz eastons though.

By the way, I would love some input from guys that have swung PSTOC's in both 27 oz and 28oz weights. It would be great to know how different (if any) those two bats swing. I've owned one recertified 28 oz B&R PST 137 (obviously a long shell) and it swung very balanced as compared to all my other 27oz PST's. Could the same be said for these new Utrip bats??

Last edited:

Griffey15

motoxguy said:
By the way, I would love some input from guys that have swung PSTOC's in both 27 oz and 28oz weights. It would be great to know how different (if any) those two bats swing. I've owned one recertified 28 oz B&R PST 137 (obviously a long shell) and it swung very balanced as compared to all my other 27oz PST's. Could the same be said for these new Utrip bats??

From what I have read and heard from players and Worth Reps the Utrip PSTs will have an endloaded feel to them from now on to maximize their performance. The 98mph PSTs will have to be more balanced to a slight endload to stay in compliance there.

pj3p

Senior Power Hitter :-)
29 oz Vanadium's also came SS & LS.
At the end of the 2001 run of bats they had a lot of SS's left,
so they made 27, 28 & 29 in SS.
I've owned 3- 27's, 1 SS 28, 1 LS 28, 1 SS 29 and my favorite was a LS 30.

Griffey15

pj3p said:
29 oz Vanadium's also came SS & LS.
At the end of the 2001 run of bats they had a lot of SS's left,
so they made 27, 28 & 29 in SS.
I've owned 3- 27's, 1 SS 28, 1 LS 28, 1 SS 29 and my favorite was a LS 30.

I will have the chart updated to read SS and LS for the 29oz model, thanks bro!

Last edited:

Griffey15

Not really for this thread MiamiE but since its here.........I think the Xtra 28oz SS is a very underrated bat of the PSTs. As phatman said, it is the same as the XPST4 28oz. I like both the Xtra and the 2004 Max alot. If you find one cheap I wouldnt hesitate to get one. :D

MiamiE

MIDDLE'S OPEN!
i usually swing 27oz. balanced composites so this should be a nice learning experience. the Xtra is balanced also.

Dawalkr

He Hate Me
Hi..im not trying to get hit or have tomatoes thrown at me but can someone list the shell sizes in inches....if u get some time..thanks

damonster

Addicted to Softballfans
for your list

Do you have any info on which asa/ussa pst's are pop and distance leaders.Just in the pst world.I already have the blue ls but would like to increase my pst collection.BTW I love my blue for the cold

Needles

Addicted to Softballfans
Someone Please Tell me what the difference between the PST Max and PST98 is? I love the PST but am confused by all the versions of the bat.

Twin00

The Bus Stop Boxer
Needles said:
Someone Please Tell me what the difference between the PST Max and PST98 is? I love the PST but am confused by all the versions of the bat.
the Max is a 100mph bat...the PST98 is 98mph. The Max is more balanced than the 98, which is more endloaded and has a heavier swing weight. Search the Worth forum and you will come up with more answers.

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
The PST98 also has a different shaped and tuned shell on the inside than the Max and is a lot more end loaded. The Shell is also 3/8" longer than the standard shell. The 98's are also about an ounce heavier than their stated weight.

swager99

Addicted to Softballfans
A question

I currently swing a 30oz freak plus. I only play USSSA. I'd really like to try a used PST. Any suggestions (weight and model)? I like the end-loaded feel. I have decent power and am just curious how it stacks up to the Freak+. I like the large sweet spot of the +, but am looking for a challenge and want to learn to hit the PST. Thanks.

Twin00

The Bus Stop Boxer
swager99 said:
I currently swing a 30oz freak plus. I only play USSSA. I'd really like to try a used PST. Any suggestions (weight and model)? I like the end-loaded feel. I have decent power and am just curious how it stacks up to the Freak+. I like the large sweet spot of the +, but am looking for a challenge and want to learn to hit the PST. Thanks.
get a 28oz PSTOC.....I like it a lot. The Freak+ is a lot easier to hit, so you'll get that challenge you were looking for. The OC has a great endload to it. Later!

Can somebody make the list an attachment so I can download and print it at work. Damn computers here are magical. Turned it into a small red X ..lol

SnapMoney

Manager
There is someone telling me they have a 28oz PST Max XPST4 Long Shell. I dont see that on the chart, does that bat exist?

Griffey15

SnapMoney said:
There is someone telling me they have a 28oz PST Max XPST4 Long Shell. I dont see that on the chart, does that bat exist?

The XPST4 was only a longshell in the 30oz model. Now the weights can vary on PSTs but 2oz is alot and I have only seen a few that weighed in at 28.6oz and 28.8oz that I know were stock. Have the guy tell you what the sticker on the knob says for weight. If it says 30oz then have him weigh it on a postal scale but if it has a 28oz sticker then the sticker has been changed for a reason, or this guy doesnt know how to tell if he has a long or short shell bat.....:p

stick21

<font color="#0000CD">SBF Fund donor</font>
I hit one tonight the first time i ever hit a PST and man not bad distance about the same as my Maniac 484

Not bad