Purcell drilling Vitcak @ Windy City Major + Arguement

charmcity

Manager
Finally found the video of this...looks like Vitcak's father was yelling at Andy.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJUw_EIxWR0&feature=youtu.be&t=1h31m38s[/ame]

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
I truly hate that someone got hit that way... However, dude fell right into a hole that was there before the pitch. That wasn't purcells fault. Again, not being a tough guy as I wouldn't have made the play either but people don't need to be upset with Purcell for a guy falling in the way

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
I truly hate that someone got hit that way... However, dude fell right into a hole that was there before the pitch. That wasn't purcells fault. Again, not being a tough guy as I wouldn't have made the play either but people don't need to be upset with Purcell for a guy falling in the way

I agree... People were complaining cause rezzy had 4 bumps left and down by 1 or 2 I believe? And Andy try to push that inside pitch... But I agree Victak filled that hole... But he threw the perfect pitch inside so Andy wouldn't hit it him but he did... Its part of the game...

blakcherry329

Exactly, he moved to where the ball was hit. Why is it such a big deal? It didn't look like it was hit so hard that he couldn't get his glove on it, if he was set. I think he got hit more cuz he was off balance when the ball was hit, imo.

Is there a history with these two? Otherwise, I don't understand.

ImminentDanger

Up and Over
The pitcher's glove hand was hanging down at his knee on both hits by Purcell ---- What kind of set up for the hit is that???

%%%

TRaj2327

Guy taking the video needed the drop the f bomb more often

There is no "guy taking the video." It's mounted on the fence by the guy that does all the conference reporting, but unfortunately its commonplace for Joe Blow to be standing right behind it mouthing off like an idiot.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
I definitely overheard someone say "I've been wanting to say this for 10 years now" but have no idea what he actually said. Looks like the pitcher just wasn't prepared for the hit or for it to come back at him

ichiromoco

Addicted to Softballfans
Is this really a matter of concern for anyone. Who cares. If you play at that level you had better be ready for anything. Anytime. Bunch of overgrown steroid baby's just looking for something to chirp about but won't do a damn thing like throw a punch to jeopardize their softball status. Middle is always open. Period.

WillW3

Starting Player
The thing is if Purcell would've been the victim, he'd be whining and ready to fight. But I don't think Purcell intentionally hit him.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
I agree... People were complaining cause rezzy had 4 bumps left and down by 1 or 2 I believe? And Andy try to push that inside pitch... But I agree Victak filled that hole... But he threw the perfect pitch inside so Andy wouldn't hit it him but he did... Its part of the game...

So I'm sure those guys are better than me, but if I decide to push, and then get an inside pitch, I can use a push swing and maybe get a decent hit that isn't exactly to right field, or I can try to adjust last second and hit poorly. Usually I just watch determine I'll hit it where it's pitched on the next one, but if I swing, I've given up on last second changes of direction.

I hate pitching.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dude almost fell down on Connell's hit the AB right before. I'm not saying he's not way better than I am, but he seemed to be a little off his game at this point in the game.

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
Dude almost fell down on Connell's hit the AB right before. I'm not saying he's not way better than I am, but he seemed to be a little off his game at this point in the game.

He got lit up pretty good the last tournament they played... Collins smoked him and he wanted to throw his glove at him That was after he almost drilled Andy V the AB before that .. Hes gun shy bro... It happens to the best of us after getting tagged a couple of times... Hes got heart tho...

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
He got lit up pretty good the last tournament they played... Collins smoked him and he wanted to throw his glove at him That was after he almost drilled Andy V the AB before that .. Hes gun shy bro... It happens to the best of us after getting tagged a couple of times... Hes got heart tho...

I pitched to Connell a few times in a charity tournament a few times. It happens to ALL of us. :D Even without getting tagged sometimes. LOL

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az

I was thinking the same thing. Good thing he had a mask on, with how sketchy his D was.

lcky3

Addicted to Softballfans
You gonna move to the left to plug the middle hole where your 5 man isn't, you best have your glove up at all times. IJS

Enor012208

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm no pro but looked like Andy was hurting too why not try and push and let mack do what he does? Pretty good game plan?

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Did I read the guy pitched him Inside but ran to the oppo hole:confused: So he ran away from where the pitch was most likely to be hit and got drilled. Not fight worthy at all