Rain, Rain Go Away

ICE14

All pro punter
I find it hilarious that GSL didn't plan for this given the week of warning they had. I also find it funny that they deleted my comments making fun of that fact from their Facebook posts. Hurricanes are sneaky I tell ya.

JStout863

Softball is Dumb
Funny that Mahaffey specifically told Zach you all were approved to play E and then Cliff said no and put you in the D bracket

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why did they push it back from the initial Friday start to begin with? That would have helped a lot.

Z-Fly

Heart Throb
Funny that Mahaffey specifically told Zach you all were approved to play E and then Cliff said no and put you in the D bracket

Yep, good use of my $425 or whatever it was.

He actually said yes too. But forgot and still put us in the D bracket.

Z-Fly

Heart Throb
Fly did you guys play 1 game, lose and then say screw it?

You have to understand. The second game was supposed to be at 4:00pm Saturday, then moved to 7:30pm Saturday on dirt, then 7:00am Sunday on dirt. That's when the guys said screw it, because it was pretty obvious that the dirt fields wouldn't be ready at 7:00am Sunday. They were tired of the guessing game, and I could understand that. I wanted to play, but could definitely see where they were coming from. We sat at Gresso's for about 5 hours, while GSL they tried to get their stuff together. It sounded like my team had had enough.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
The guessing game certainly hurt my enjoyment. The parking lot battle Royale at my hotel until five am when we played at seven am didn't help either.

Z-Fly

Heart Throb
So it went from playing 8:00am Saturday, and playing on and off all day, and if you do well get a hotel and come back Sunday morning. To Playing 8:00am Saturday, waiting around until late afternoon, then finding out we are playing 7:00am Sunday morning, if we were lucky, in the wrong bracket at that.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
You got off better than me on the hotel side, I paid for both nights to be sure I had a place that wasn't in the hood because my wife freaked me out about the surrounding areas.

JStout863

Softball is Dumb
Sounds like it was a well planned tournament...

Not like they had an entire week's notice there was a hurricane coming and dumping rain on dirt fields

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
To be fair, I spent less time in my car for this tournament than my last wsl tournament without a hurricane, so there is that.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
The team that won e was 22-1 in class, win every e tourny they entered obviously, came in third in a d,a c, and an open tourney, and somehow still played e in this.

jhadaway

Part Time Player
The team that won e was 22-1 in class, win every e tourny they entered obviously, came in third in a d,a c, and an open tourney, and somehow still played e in this.

We still played like a$$...

Apparently they play decent ball in upstate NY. 2-4 teams all from that area. Impressive considering they get like 3-4 months of decent weather out of the year.

Good run by Wasted Talent to finish 5th!

Last edited:

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can say ass on here. The winners lost once all year, second place only lost to the winners if I'm not mistaken.

We played like ass, but I still want a fair tournament for everyone else. Except the jerks that beat us of course.

sqwrl11

Starting Player
We still played like a$$...

Apparently they play decent ball in upstate NY. 2-4 teams all from that area. Impressive considering they get like 3-4 months of decent weather out of the year.

Good run by Wasted Talent to finish 5th!
I wasn't there, but thanks. My guys played well up there, hope to continue it this weekend!