Raw food diet results

Nietzsche

Drowned God
The GF and I went full bore into raw foods going on 6 weeks now. But tweaked the formula to include a few cooked meals in between mainly a couple of servings of organic beef patties and sashimi.

No grains, no sugar, no salt, no processed foods. All vegetables, seeds, fruits and raw protein powder by Garden of Life.

The result: an inch and half off of my waistline, shed 7 lbs and no loss of strength.

The food bill is much less (quality animal protein is pricey), sustained energy levels are maintained throughout the day and the sex drive went on overdrive.

dafox

Fox in Socks
How many grams of protein/day are you getting?

Don't you worry that you will start to lose muscle and not just body fat?

Is this a long term plan?

Nietzsche

Drowned God
Long term plan actually. The unexpected side health benefits are worth it.

I'm getting roughly 50 to 70 grams of protein a day. Again no loss of strength whatsoever just getting leaner little minor ailments are all but gone.

My gf noticed changes in her as well.

Don't go overboard especially at the beginning and start by blending green smoothies with protein powder.

DSNuts48

Badass
The GF and I went full bore into raw foods going on 6 weeks now. But tweaked the formula to include a few cooked meals in between mainly a couple of servings of organic beef patties and sashimi.

No grains, no sugar, no salt, no processed foods. All vegetables, seeds, fruits and raw protein powder by Garden of Life.

The result: an inch and half off of my waistline, shed 7 lbs and no loss of strength.

The food bill is much less (quality animal protein is pricey), sustained energy levels are maintained throughout the day and the sex drive went on overdrive.
Are you keepiNg a food log? If so, or if not, could you post up a day as an example?

HitnBombs28

Addicted to Softballfans
Long term plan actually. The unexpected side health benefits are worth it.

I'm getting roughly 50 to 70 grams of protein a day. Again no loss of strength whatsoever just getting leaner little minor ailments are all but gone.

My gf noticed changes in her as well.

Don't go overboard especially at the beginning and start by blending green smoothies with protein powder.

Explain to me how you could maintain the same level of strength with only 50-70g of protein daily? Don't take that as me sayin your full of it, I'm just interested to know how as I've never known someone to do a raw diet. I'm only 170lbs and am active if I only had 50-70g/day I would lose most of my muscle and never be able to recover from a workout let alone a long weekend of playing ball.

Nietzsche

Drowned God
Explain to me how you could maintain the same level of strength with only 50-70g of protein daily? Don't take that as me sayin your full of it, I'm just interested to know how as I've never known someone to do a raw diet. I'm only 170lbs and am active if I only had 50-70g/day I would lose most of my muscle and never be able to recover from a workout let alone a long weekend of playing ball.

I train quite differently than most people and have been for 6 years now. Weight train 5 to 6 days a week. Front squats, deadlifts, pull ups, bench press, core work and HIIT. Sometimes wind sprints, other times its a spin class.

A sample green shake in the morning will be two quarts of veggies blended together with a scoop of raw protein powder. (17 grams per scoop)

Walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, spinach, celery, carrots, cilantro, cucumber, brocoli, tomatos......usually.

Three times a week I'll have a 1/3 lb organic beef patty and one cheat meal of raw fish usually sashimi.

Flash

<font color="#7AC5CD">Ice Queen</font>
I used to work with a gal who swears by raw food only, to the point where she and her husband do not have an oven or range in their house. Not even a microwave. Everything is cold and it takes her two days to make 'bread' by pounding together seeds with some weird gooey mixture.

I applaud her tenacity but I will tell you this:

She is the palest, frailest, unhealthiest looking person I have ever come across in my life. And that includes some crackheads that I've passed by on the way to work.

Nietzsche

Drowned God
^^^ I know people like that and frankly the only time I'd even suggest it if they are a cancer survivor with a strong immediate family link towards serious health conditions.

The strict vegan 100 percent raw foodist is too extreme. First go around with it was good but lost too much weight....this time I added three to four servings of organic grass fed beef as well as some raw fish.

After 6 weeks this moderate approach is working well for both of us.

The abs are starting to show.

No you wouldn't. This has been a LONG standing myth in the bbing world.

You will be just fine if you shoot for 1g/kg or .5-.8g/lb of protein per day. These #'s are based off of your LBM, not total bodyweight.

KangarooNokona

Kangabilly
Prayers scented bro. I couldn't imagine my life without at least 10 chicken breast, couple of steaks, and rice and potatoes. And the occasional fried hot wings and fries :D

Nietzsche

Drowned God
Yes.. It's not something I will ever do, but more power to him.

The surge in energy alone was enough to convince me to make this a permanent shift.

Nothing to extreme mind you...the occasional BBQ is much needed but nothing like the pounds of meat I used to eat on a weekly basis.

Nietzsche

Drowned God
If you are working out as much as you say, why is your intake only 70g per day? What is your weight and BF%?

5' 10" 157.8 lbs as of today.

Don't track the grams of protein that closely. Vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds make up the bulk of the diet.

I'd guess I'm at 10 percent bf roughly. The top abs are starting to show....waistline is at 31.5 in.

Flash

<font color="#7AC5CD">Ice Queen</font>
After two days believe it or not your body adjusts.

Some will take longer and best to ease into it by going half/half for a week then 75 percent raw/cooked food.

The body might adjust but my taste buds can never forget a bowl of ice cream, a Teen Burger or a lovely glass of malbec.

;)

abs start peaking through at 13% 10% should be a pretty solid 6 pack

There really isn't a set guideline as to which bf% corresponds to how visible a lifter's abdominals are. I've trained many people that have visible ab's at 14% BF, I've also trained people with ab's that are hidden until the 7%-8% range..

In VERY general, broad terms, the "upper" abdominals are, usually, visible in a <12-14% bf environment. The "lower" abdominals become more visible in the <10% BF range. The "cut" fitness model look, isn't going to happen until you are in the <8% area. Anything under 14% BF is considered in VERY good shape. Anything under 10-12% is GREAT shape.

Now these numbers are never going to be accurate, as the measurements, themselves, aren't completely accurate.

There are methods of testing that are MORE accurate than others, but even the most accurate methods are only used as a guideline for progress.

chacha15

rec chip
Some supps to check out

28mudx.jpg

mt5w8p.jpg

sczv3c.jpg

29w8g9j.jpg

dafox

Fox in Socks
There really isn't a set guideline as to which bf% corresponds to how visible a lifter's abdominals are. I've trained many people that have visible ab's at 14% BF, I've also trained people with ab's that are hidden until the 7%-8% range..

In VERY general, broad terms, the "upper" abdominals are, usually, visible in a <12-14% bf environment. The "lower" abdominals become more visible in the <10% BF range. The "cut" fitness model look, isn't going to happen until you are in the <8% area. Anything under 14% BF is considered in VERY good shape. Anything under 10-12% is GREAT shape.

Now these numbers are never going to be accurate, as the measurements, themselves, aren't completely accurate.

There are methods of testing that are MORE accurate than others, but even the most accurate methods are only used as a guideline for progress.

Should we start a thread for everyone to post their Ab pics? :D

KangarooNokona

Kangabilly
My body was cursed with noabsatall syndrome. Along with ****iedoo, noassatall, and moobs disease. My parents were freaking giving.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
i like sugar...i like meat...i love alcohol.........takign these out in order to be healthier and live longer just means i'm going to live longer w/o doing things i enjoy....

does not make sense