Remake of the Dudley 2.0 Lightning 12 inch barrel

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah, i saw that too
I read somewhere that Dudley used something similar to a Kevlar material in the OG and 2.0.Wondering if that was true and they made these remakes to the same specs but without that material.Give the people what they want but don't hurt our sales(Dudley) for the next few years.
Think I will leave mine in closet until I go thru the OGs then I should be to old to break a bat.

hamneggs

I unwrapped one of mine yesterday and put 40 swings off a T.....pretty stiff to start. What I didn't do was bring out an OG to compare....I'll do that today :)

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
I got a 28oz last week..., Could it be the 2.0 reissue is already a version of the HOTW...???

TheSilentMan35

Senior baller...don't let the age bothers you!
The re-issue dudley 2.0 12" has serial number engraved on handle, no grip tacky on taper/handle, and has both NSA and ISA logo stamps on the barrel...as the OG dudley 2.0 12" doesn't have those 2 stamps and serial # engraved....has grip tacky on entire bat...

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
The re-issue dudley 2.0 12" has serial number engraved on handle, no grip tacky on taper/handle, and has both NSA and ISA logo stamps on the barrel...as the OG dudley 2.0 12" doesn't have those 2 stamps and serial # engraved....has grip tacky on entire bat...
My 12" 2.0 reissue (direct sports)has both stamps and no visible serial number on taper but it maybe under grip.My OG 2.0 also has both stamps and serial number on taper re Issue looks identical but no number on taper.

Last edited:

troung1

Addicted to Softballfans

My OGs 2.0 did not have tacky on the taper/handle... the white ones did, but not the 2.0 (see Dave Vs video from a couple of years ago)....I do not see any difference and I even measured the endcap

dynatone

Addicted to Softballfans
Someone on a senior board said 60 cuts and it has paint cracks on both sides but spitting fire..don't sound like the OG 2.0.Lets hope it's a outlier.

<start rant>
In the same thread, the guy said he was in a tourney and it was 51 degrees. There's so much crap going around it's unbelievable. People comparing end caps from different models in different years. The comments about the logo stamps were between 2016 (no stamps) and 2017 models (with stamps) and the remakes (with stamps). my 2017 OG 2.0 and this 2019 remake look identical aside from the serial number being in a different place.

Are people so eager to share something they can't confirm . . . these boards are full of gossip and speculation that gets taken as truth.
<end rant>

Not really a big dudley guy but I got one but temps are down. Have to wait awhile but got a few swings about six don't know what to expect seen them crush some balls.

troung1

Addicted to Softballfans
<start rant>
In the same thread, the guy said he was in a tourney and it was 51 degrees. There's so much crap going around it's unbelievable. People comparing end caps from different models in different years. The comments about the logo stamps were between 2016 (no stamps) and 2017 models (with stamps) and the remakes (with stamps). my 2017 OG 2.0 and this 2019 remake look identical aside from the serial number being in a different place.

Are people so eager to share something they can't confirm . . . these boards are full of gossip and speculation that gets taken as truth.
<end rant>

A lot of people posting that stuff were trying to make money by flipping their old Dudley 2.0s.

Killarney

I watched the video as well. Dave's sop is enough for me, gonna pick one up.
I think you might have missed the boat. This may well be a one off. The reason I say that is you have to assume other sales reps and websites aren't thrilled with Dudley doing an exclusive deal with one spot for this product. That one seller is not going to be thrilled with a deal that allows them to lose the exculsive & every other Dudley rep to sell this product. Dudley seemingly wanted to move on from the 2.0 concept when they went to the lift and then HotW and seem to be planning a new 1 piece. They didn't seem at all interested in going backwards to 2.0's so it seems hard to believe that they will be doing a large scale re-issue. I just can't see a way that they are going to do another run of these bats.
These are nervous times at Dudley and they are hoping for major support from their reps if the HotW is a problem bat, the same reps that perhaps aren't thrilled with Dudley for not allowing them to sell 2.0 reissues

Dogue

Evil Genius
I think that if Dudley want's to sell bats they might have to do a bigger remake of the 2.0. The HotW is a manufacturing nightmare and it'll take some time before anyone trusts that bat.

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
Anyone noticed that they did not make a balanced version of the HOTW model... there are only the 2.0's, why is that?

3B707

Addicted to Softballfans
I ordered a couple of the balanced. I'll open one up this Sunday and report back !
Can't wait for the review. Have had my eye on these and the original black and yellow balanced version, both are new batches made to og specs