Review on Boombah TSUNAMI

morat1959

Anyone pulled the trigger on this bat? Looking for some reviews from anyone who's hit it. My daughters college team for next year is hitting the xeno. I don't like it and neither does either of my daughters. Her college is not sponsored by TPS so she can hit her own bat. I've read good things about the ASA Boss and I love my senior Boss. Just wondering if the FP Boombah is on par with these 2. Thanks for any help.

vdubya

Addicted to Softballfans
Begs the question Mo...

where she headed?

Congrats even if you don't care to answer! :biggthumpup:

M

MJL 00

In for this too, cause really itching for the ASA Boss but love my fp bats also...bump

brewzkeez7

Addicted to Softballfans
i coach 14 and 12u softball, and have a few different girls that swing them and I can say that they get HOT! They started off a little stiff as all bats do, but after a few rounds of BP the exit speed was noticably increased.

Contact Mark Robinson and tell him Matt from the heat referred you.

CNISingle

The Backdoor Veteran
I'd like to get one of these Tsunami's for my daughter's 8U MP league but there's just not that much word on the street on them yet to warrant pulling the trigger. I'd love to hear how they compare to the Xeno or the CF6.

ETDave

Old School
I'd like to get one of these Tsunami's for my daughter's 8U MP league but there's just not that much word on the street on them yet to warrant pulling the trigger. I'd love to hear how they compare to the Xeno or the CF6.

Wow a Rob sighting! Hope you and your family are doing well.

M

MJL 00

i coach 14 and 12u softball, and have a few different girls that swing them and I can say that they get HOT! They started off a little stiff as all bats do, but after a few rounds of BP the exit speed was noticably increased.

Contact Mark Robinson and tell him Matt from the heat referred you.

I have to agree with his review. Don't give up on them just bp them a lil and you will be happy IMO

SlyderZ Fcoach

Boombah Tsunami

Bought my daughter one in a drop 9 as soon as the hit the market ..No regrets ...
She has The Tsunami and the New CF Hope ... The CF Hope never comes out of the bag . 2 Home runs in a week with the Boombah sold her ,,,
Like the others said kinda stiff at first but after a few weeks of BP Its hot as all get out .. would defiantly buy another and Complete recommend to any one looking ... :thumb::thumb:

Jsfooln

Has anyone had problems with the Boombah tsunami fastpitch bat breaking/cracking on the handle just below the barrel? I've seen at least two different tsunami bats that have had that problem. One in CA and one in OR. They are the only ones that I have seen in tournament competition. They were definitely hot bats but, the longevity didn't look like it was there. The bats looked new and in great condition, with the exception of the cracking handle. The umps threw the bats out of the tourney.

wadew

Addicted to Softballfans
Jsfooln, It looks like the -11 has issues with this cracking/breaking. We had a girl go through 2 of them before they swapped her to the -10; hasn't been enough hits with the -10 to be able to say whether it's better. If the player gets jammed inside, and powers through it, seems to crack right at the point you mentioned.

M

MJL 00

Well the -9 34/25 rocks IMO. Have a teammate looking to move one of his extras if anyone is interesting, pm me for details.

mogsoftball

Manager
Girl on my team picked one up end of last season and not the thing is starting to rock. The last 2 weeks she has absolutely smoked the ball with it.

We will have to wait and see on durability but so far no issues. She broke a miken freak last year, the boombah she has is 34/24.

reminds me a lot of the worth 2 piece legit.

Rich4863

Combat Ho
It has a ceramic sound to hit on contact. I havent used mine yet, Ive let others try it. So far it seems to be a very good basehitting bat.

M

MJL 00

Girl on my team picked one up end of last season and not the thing is starting to rock. The last 2 weeks she has absolutely smoked the ball with it.

We will have to wait and see on durability but so far no issues. She broke a miken freak last year, the boombah she has is 34/24.

reminds me a lot of the worth 2 piece legit.

Don't say that haha, love Boombah way over Worth bats

It has a ceramic sound to hit on contact. I havent used mine yet, Ive let others try it. So far it seems to be a very good basehitting bat.

Let them do the work, lil bp and Boombah pays off BIG TIME IMO

Rich4863

Combat Ho
Even though the one you sold me is exactly an ounce lighter then my ASA Boss, it feels lighter then that.

M

MJL 00

Even though the one you sold me is exactly an ounce lighter then my ASA Boss, it feels lighter then that.

Ya the tish EL on the ASA Boss is prob why.

The Tsunami bats are VERY balanced designs. That slight metallic sound will change to a sharp crack with a little BP.

Amen to that, watch my bp vid re: Boss under media section and that's what a well broke in 700 hit 27oz Boss sounds like :thumb:

johnnybravo6 put more over the fence consistently with his barely hit Boss then he did his 2014 AM IJS

People just have to give the Boombah line a chance and they will be happy, heck for the money why not...