RI OG mayhem 98??(orange one)

liberty1

Semi Retired
have they reissued this bat or not??? ive seen and heard diff stuff, i just want this cleared up haha.

2011-05-09_17-35-49_830.jpg

2011-05-09_17-36-03_189.jpg

2011-05-09_17-33-20_966.jpg

Last edited:

robpezon

Batting cage hero
so is this bat worth a s*** or not at all???

In comparison to the MAY98, probably not. I loved my MAY98, but I never swung the MAY98A. I think there have been some reviews in the Worth section on MAY98A...you might have to search for them or just swing away with it.

Ronn050

5¢ Swing
Did some indoor hitting tonight with the MAY98A.

Balls being used were 44/375 Worth Super Golds and some 44/375 Trump Stotes.

Bat felt and swung exactly like the original version from 2005. The endload feel took me back to the old days. Sweetspot was about the same but the ball came off quicker from the first swing. Line drives were coming off very fast. Barrel felt a little softer than the original.

After about 100 swings the bat had a rattle to it. Ended up getting about 150 cuts on it. I'll use it for ASA over my white toxic when comparing post ABI bats. I see this bat making a comeback. I was surprised at how close it performed to the original model. At 100 swings it was better but at 1000 i really won't know til I get that many on it.

UPDATE:
Have about 500 cuts on this thing now. Rattle is bigger, bat has really opened up. The ball is really jumping off of it. I'll get some of the guys to post some opinions.

Any questions...feel free to ask.

Here you go.

liberty1

Semi Retired
its actually not mine, so personally i dont care lol. my buddy traded a 2nd batch juggy for it so i was just checkin for him. thanx for the input!!!!

Ronn050

5¢ Swing
meaning it's the 2nd re-issue.. K e l l y s U Sports but seen everywhere I guess now

2nd reissue?

Bats that were re-issued are as follows...

May120 (Booger) and JH120 (Jeff Hall 120)
-og made in 05 and 06, yellow digitized serial number above grip on tapers....starts with a 5 or 6.
-ri will have lazer etched serial starting with a 7 or 8 depending on year produced.

M7120 and M7JH
-og produced in 2006 and 2007. Serials in digitized yellow above grip on taper. Serial will start with a 6 or 7.

-ri will have serial engraved under grip starting with 0. Honeycomb on the flames stands out.

M75120
-og produced in 2007. Serial number lazer etched starting with 7.

-ri will have engraved serial under grip starting with 0.

A few myths....
-May98 (orange ASA mayhem) was reissued....not true. The 26 came out a little later than the others. Hard time getting certified.
-Made in USA is better...not true. Every bat in every batch, no matter where its produced, will vary in performance and durability. Its a product of mass production.
-First batch/lower serials are better.....not true. See above.

Truth....
-A reissue is made exactly the same as the original.

Hope this will reduce some of the repeat threads.

http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=834813

kseaney

Just an old baller
We made the 27, 28 and 30 back in 2005. in 2006 we were able to get the 26 to pass. The only "re-issue" is the exclusive that conforms to the current ASA bat standards. It comes with a white end cap and grip.

Mayhem Re-issue

Yep, that's the Mayhem Re-Issue, with the White End-Cap. They actually re-issued it in 2008 also, I got 4 of them on returns for broken bats that year and they were for sale at a few places also.