RIP Miken Velocit-E 2.0

Jobu

I've noticed the DST shells all start breaking the same way.
They get that same diagonal, thick chunk breakage going.

Psycho

Addicted to Softballfans
The breaking of the carbon/composite pattern looks like the 2001 Velocit-E to me, but just a little larger weave pattern.

Jobu

It's got over 1k swings.

Mostly 44/375 (Worth Gold Dot). Like 90%

Mix in some Thunder ZN (47/450) and Max Specs (44/400) in there as well.

tds

Addicted to Softballfans
not to question but was it rolled? even 1000 whacks shouldnt cause that pattern

TheBatman42

No more MV1 Threads!
don't know if anyone else has one, but I now have started to hit mine outside and really like the batted ball speed. Hit one off toward the end, and you don't get anything, but it seems the sweetspot on mine has opened up more towards the handle a bit. Makes a great sound when hit dead on(sweetspot).

Welcome to the party, bro! The sound off mine is amazing right now. Shotgun blasts.

OtejunK

Art Work Junky
not to question but was it rolled? even 1000 whacks shouldnt cause that pattern

That pattern is happeneing on just about all the DST bats I've seen - the concept behind the Durashield is to allow break in to a certain point, then crack to prevent the test failing...

Freak DST, Super Freak 98, velo 2.0 - all seem to get this pattern right before breaking...

Jobu

That pattern is happeneing on just about all the DST bats I've seen - the concept behind the Durashield is to allow break in to a certain point, then crack to prevent the test failing...

Freak DST, Super Freak 98, velo 2.0 - all seem to get this pattern right before breaking...

So does the FX700

bigdd13

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine has about 6 cracks that look just like that but not all over yet I wonder how much longer it will last

rightsideswine

Banned User
It's got over 1k swings.

Mostly 44/375 (Worth Gold Dot). Like 90%

Mix in some Thunder ZN (47/450) and Max Specs (44/400) in there as well.

Didn't you read the info posted about DST tech? Its designed to break when you roll the piss out of them.:D:rolleyes:

dmo42210

Addicted to Softballfans
A friend is looking at a 2.0. Someone close to home is selling a 2.0 for $125. I just bought....let me correct myself, just stole a juggy from him for $125 and it was in superb condition. I don't know much about Mikens but is this a good deal? He used to have a freak 98 and currently has a camo 484(?). I know the looks of it will change the price but in general good deal?

Hihbidty

Conservatarded
I've noticed the DST shells all start breaking the same way.
They get that same diagonal, thick chunk breakage going.

The breaking of the carbon/composite pattern looks like the 2001 Velocit-E to me, but just a little larger weave pattern.

My current OG Velo.. SICK SICK SICK!

1003636x.jpg

1003638s.jpg

1003633e.jpg