Rotator cuff tendinitis

Naptownkram

Addicted to Softballfans
Anybody ever had this problem? If you did what did you do to help and what was your recovery time! I can do anything I want but when I try to throw hard it hurts really bad for about 20 secs.

Thanks

MaverickAH

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6xWXhg638w[/ame]

I would also recommend you getting, "The 7-Minute Rotator Cuff Solution". It's an excellent source for rotator cuff knowledge & health. I know for a fact that it helped extend my years of playing.

Last edited:

Pdpwally

Coach
tendonitis usually is a dull persistant pain... there may be something else going on in there. WebMD it... then go to the doc for your "shoulder cancer"

mrbtjohns

Addicted to Softballfans
Go see a doctor to get it checked out... It may be a tear in your labrum or it could be tendinitis...

lordnlkon

Star Player
Go see a doctor to get it checked out... It may be a tear in your labrum or it could be tendinitis...

Labrum tears suck. Tore mine in a snowboard crash. Did not get it fixed for a couple years. Anytime I threw or swum, afterwards my shoulder would be really sore and stiff.

hoopsstar22

Addicted to Softballfans
I've posted this before... but Voltaren in the states runs you about $170 per tube and most insurances don't cover it. In Mexico you can pick it up at the airport under the name Volfenac for $6 per tube.

Its a topical anti inflammatory and a miracle ointment.

Naptownkram

Addicted to Softballfans
Doctor said it is rotator cuff tendinitis I was just wondering if anybody else had this problem thanks for your guys help! I do have DMSO cream I'm going to give it a shot to!!!

Drumbum37

Addicted to Softballfans
Did they suggest any PT? Creams and drugs won't fix the problem, they're just a band-aid. You have to decrease the inflammation and strengthen the muscles in and around the shoulder.

UWmad

Addicted to Softballfans
Get a cortisone shot and be done! I did all that PT and resting and crap...never really helped. Got a cortisone shot and was fine the rest of the year. That reminds me...it's about that time of the year to get me another one!

Get a cortisone shot and be done! I did all that PT and resting and crap...never really helped. Got a cortisone shot and was fine the rest of the year. That reminds me...it's about that time of the year to get me another one!

you must have the good stuff, most cortisone shots don't last very long at all...i got one monthly after separating my shoulder and the affects didn't even last the whole month

AggieBigShow

Greatest Bookkeeper Alive
I fell and landed on my shoulder about 2 years ago and it still hurts to throw. Doctor gave me some exercises to try and that didn't help. After reading some of the posts on here I'm going to make him take a look at it to see what is up with it. It sucks not being able to throw without pain.

J2U

2.5 Tool Player
you must have the good stuff, most cortisone shots don't last very long at all...i got one monthly after separating my shoulder and the affects didn't even last the whole month

that sucks man, your shoulder must have been pretty jacked up. i get the injections into my spine for 2 bulging discs and it usually lasts about 4-5 months.

Last edited:
it was grade 3 and they recommended surgery but i was in korea at the time and not willing to go through that, it was probably military grade cortisone which means ground up motrin

Katzy63

The Veteran
Have they done an mri or ct scan of your shoulder? I had a similar diagnosis of tendinitis and was taking cortisone shots monthly for close to a year before they finally looked deeper inside. Problem was my bursa sac and some minor tears that come with wear and tear (or age as my surgeon put it). Had surgery 3 months ago and still doing the rehab so I can't say if it's actually better yet. But these warm days and cold nights we have here aren't helping at all lol

AggieBigShow

Greatest Bookkeeper Alive
Naptownkram I have the exact same problem as you. I can even play catch with no problem but as soon as I try to put anything on a throw it hurts like you said for about 20 seconds something fierce, enough to make me bend over and grab my shoulder.

Naptownkram I have the exact same problem as you. I can even play catch with no problem but as soon as I try to put anything on a throw it hurts like you said for about 20 seconds something fierce, enough to make me bend over and grab my shoulder.

me too. i used the search function to look up "rotator cuff" and stumbled on a few threads before i start a new one. i think i tore mine. i can't throw with out the 20 sec pain. i can't swing because of the follow through. my shoulder can't go that far back. i gotta hit the doc, but i'm not playing this year. i can't even throw back to the pitcher if i caught.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
Bursitis is the inflammation of one or more bursae (small sacs) of synovial fluid in the body. They are lined with a synovial membrane that secretes a lubricating synovial fluid.There are more than 150 bursae in the human body.The bursae rest at the points where internal functionaries, such as muscles and tendons, slide across bone. Healthy bursae create a smooth, almost frictionless functional gliding surface making normal movement painless. When bursitis occurs, however, movement relying upon the inflamed bursa becomes difficult and painful. Moreover, movement of tendons and muscles over the inflamed bursa aggravates its inflammation, perpetuating the problem. Muscle can also be stiffened.

Signs and symptoms

Bursitis commonly affects superficial bursae. These include the subacromial, prepatellar, retrocalcaneal, and pes anserinus bursae. Symptoms vary from localized warmth and erythema to joint pain and stiffness, to stinging pain that surrounds the joint around the inflamed bursa. In this condition, the pain usually is worse during and after activity, and then the bursa and the surrounding joint become stiff the next morning.

Bursae that are not infected can be treated symptomatically with rest, ice, elevation,physiotherapy, anti-inflammatory drugs and pain medication. Since bursitis is caused by increased friction from the adjacent structures, a compression bandage is not suggested because compression would create more friction around the joint. Chronic bursitis can be amenable to bursectomy and aspiration. 

Gotta love Google. Getting a cortisone shot is probably the worst thing you can do because it numbs the pain and you just keep causing damage. You are not a professional athlete so just rest your shoulder for a couple of months or end up with a gimp shoulder