Senior Ball & UTrip

TommyMass

Addicted to Softballfans
What's the interest among senior ball players playing USSSA: good, bad, problems etc. They are the dominant organization in our area among the younger players. Just don't know how they'll do if they try to get into senior ball in our area. Any thoughts?

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
I like the USSSA pitching but I don't like the 1 and 1 count. Other than bats there is not much difference. It should be an easy sell as you say the dominant leagues in my area also are all USSSA.

TommyMass

Addicted to Softballfans
I like the USSSA pitching but I don't like the 1 and 1 count. Other than bats there is not much difference. It should be an easy sell as you say the dominant leagues in my area also are all USSSA.
Will the bats be an issue I suppose is my biggest question and are there any other "road blocks"?

1STUNNA

Addicted to Softballfans
As long as the safety of the pitcher is considered I would say it should not be a hard sell. This year at USSSA Military Worlds we were suppose to use senior bats (40+) but the biggest concern was player safety so the senior bats were not allowed prior to the tournament. I believe the decreased reaction time of a pitcher pitching flat and faster was the main concern.

Carlyboy

Addicted to Softballfans
I play in a UTRIP 40+ Masters League, it has a lot in common with Senior Ball, pitcher and catcher must wear a mask, force plays at home, commitment line, strike mat. Our league don't allow composite bats, and innings are not capped.

MarlSrSoftball

I play in a UTRIP 40+ Masters League, it has a lot in common with Senior Ball, pitcher and catcher must wear a mask, force plays at home, commitment line, strike mat. Our league don't allow composite bats, and innings are not capped.
I would love to pitch Utrip with a mat. I am a low arc pitcher anyway and those 4 footers off the front of the mat would be awesome. That must be tough on the hitters?

FIZGIG

Dead fish go with the flow!!!!
Utrip tried here in WA and they found their product was not up to par so they scrapped it.

Carlyboy

Addicted to Softballfans
The short ones are tough for some, but most guys just move up. Plus, those short pitches usually come right back thru the box, so pitchers have to be careful with those short pitches

MarlSrSoftball

The short ones are tough for some, but most guys just move up. Plus, those short pitches usually come right back thru the box, so pitchers have to be careful with those short pitches
True. That is why you need movement on the ball and be able to hit your spots. It is not for the Timid!!

TommyMass

Addicted to Softballfans
Possibility of Utrip senior event June 1, 2, & 3. Teams would be broken into age groups 50's, 55's, 60's etc. Just checking to see what's up with interest.

Last edited:

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I would love to pitch Utrip with a mat. I am a low arc pitcher anyway and those 4 footers off the front of the mat would be awesome. That must be tough on the hitters?

And I sir would love to hit that pitch. I have an odd swing that makes pitches like that my "lamb chop" pitch, LOL