Senior bat for .52's

KDEflyers

Addicted to Softballfans
Our Senior league is going to use .52's this year. Any ideas which Senior sticks hit the .52's better? Seen any info if any of the new sticks have been designed for .52's like the ASA only sticks?

ABLXTRA

veteran
it all depends on the ball there are good ones and bad ones
we use 52/275 trump stotes leather cover dimpled. the OG UII hits it very well in spring and early summer as it got warm and humid I went with a stiffer bat my ASA z2000 and USSSA z2000 and still was able to reach 300

Last edited:

mjg6

Addicted to Softballfans
I have hit the Dudley Hycon 52/300's with the following, endload Melee, white Centenarian, One and the Ultra II. Of the 4, the Centenarian hits them the best, followed by the Melee, the One then the Ultra II. The Melee doesn't have many swings on it so it may get better. The Centenarian is all webbed up and broke in very fast.

OldguyinHavasu

Addicted to Softballfans
my senior Dirty is crushing them, just broke in this week, and man...I'm impressed.
We use Trumps as well. Oh, and Tattoos...good balls, both of them

phoenix26

<font color="#228B22">SBF Fund Donor</font>
I hit a few Dudley Hycons with a Senior Barrage the other day.
I thought it hit them very well.
Will last a lot longer than hitting those Baden Fire balls.

BruceinGa

always online
I'm a little confused. When the 52cor balls came out we were told that they would cause less injury and also that the shaved bats wouldn't hit them as well as a stiff bat. Now we are saying that senior (soft) bats hit the ball well? What gives?? (besides the barrel walls ;) )

I'm a little confused. When the 52cor balls came out we were told that they would cause less injury and also that the shaved bats wouldn't hit them as well as a stiff bat. Now we are saying that senior (soft) bats hit the ball well? What gives?? (besides the barrel walls ;) )

not sure bruce on why they go so good.....i do know they don't hurt ya as much as the 44's do....as for safety,they do work,i have seen it raise a lump on a guys leg on a tues and be completely gone by sunday practice..barely a bruise.....the 44's might have broke his leg..(hit squarely on the shin bone)......it seems all the bats hit this ball good tho,so to me doesn't matter what bat you pick up to use......

mjg6

Addicted to Softballfans
I have honestly not noticed a big difference between my senior bats and my J3A or Derby Boys ASA bats when hitting the 52/300. To me the change in the ball has, if not leveled, brought the gap between performance with different associations bats much closer.

KDEflyers

Addicted to Softballfans
Bumping this back up. My main question, are any of the new senior sticks being billed as specifically designed for hitting the .52 core ball? Are they gonna be tested using the .52's thus making them even hotter, similar to the new ASA only deal?

sun5150

Get a new ASA bat and it'll hit those balls good.
Demarini aftermath, juggy, and the I think the Combat Wanted ASA are real good.

KDEflyers

Addicted to Softballfans
Get a new ASA bat and it'll hit those balls good.
Demarini aftermath, juggy, and the I think the Combat Wanted ASA are real good.

My Geezer will out hit those Bro, & the Wanted is junk, IMO.

Again, is there a Senior stick specifically designed for hitting, and tested, with .52's???

ju25

Addicted to Softballfans
No, senior bats are made for and tested with the 44/375 balls. Some senior leagues use different rules, but the 44/375 is the official ball for senior softball sanctioned events in most associations (SSUSA/ISSA/ASA). ASA changed to the 52/300 this year, but kept the 44/375 for senior ball. USSSA senior ball uses the 40/325 or the 52/275. Senior bats will still be your best choice for 52/275/300 balls. The best thing about hitting 52/300 balls with senior bats is your bat will last much longer.

KDEflyers

Addicted to Softballfans
No, senior bats are made for and tested with the 44/375 balls. Some senior leagues use different rules, but the 44/375 is the official ball for senior softball sanctioned events in most associations (SSUSA/ISSA/ASA). ASA changed to the 52/300 this year, but kept the 44/375 for senior ball. USSSA senior ball uses the 40/325 or the 52/275. Senior bats will still be your best choice for 52/275/300 balls. The best thing about hitting 52/300 balls with senior bats is your bat will last much longer.

Thank you sir.

timmyk

The Veteran
as a pitcher who played against a senior team, the white centenarian hit the ever living piss out of the 52/300 tattoo. that wasnt fun.

Playr4

Coach
Ive been using the Z3000 USSSA balanced for both balls. Bat kills both balls (52/300 and 44/375). Like to get my Easton Elder broken in. LoL

csk415

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a question about compression. Didnt feel like starting a thread on it.
Our ASA league is allowing any bat to be used as long as it passes the compression test. Stamps dont matter. All it has to do is pass the test. Will a senior bat pass the test? We are using the 52/300 ball. I have a og Z2000 that is on fire but would like to pick up some thing else to use from time to time.

So far from what I have read the new ASA bats are suppose to be the ones to use for this ball. Just wondering if there may be an older bat out there that can be had cheap that will hit them as good.