Senior bats

nike33kjk

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm not hitting one like this anymore at 52 with a ASA bat.
Columbus, Indiana tournament. Hit the roof of the Ice area and bounced over the building.

Attachments

• Columbus IN.png
    Columbus IN.png
    363.5 KB · Views: 28

LineDriver5

Gloves > Bats
Ruckus is not a Sr. Bat and the Melee 2`s are great bats. Suncoast now makes the Melee 3 and like the Melee 2 comes in different barrel lengths and balanced or endloaded, 1 piece and 2 piece. Need more info on what you like to swing to give an opinion, 1 piece or 2 piece, endloaded or balanced, 12"-13" barrels. Suncoast is a good Sr bat and you can`t go wrong with them to get started playing. Just find the one with the specs you like and get out there playing. Everyone will swing what fits them the best as most Sr bats are good. I swing the balanced Melee 3
Are all melee bats the same performance? I’m looking at a 2023 balance 12” barrel and want to make sure it’s a good bat, bought an Easton and it’s kind of a log adventure after 100 or so cuts (prob more)

Bengalfan

Addicted to Softballfans
Have not swung the 2023 balanced 12" but know one of our sr players on league team swung it for a bit and he is softball royalty and hitting pro if there is one. He could probably make a wood bat look good, but sure he would not keep swinging it if it was not a good performing bat.

dunno

Just picked a couple of bats from a retiring player. Dudley OG Black/yellow balanced and a 2.0 13" Blue/orange EL . Kinda dissapointed.
Lots of wear no rattles or stress lines still tacky but swinging them the balanced has no Az and the EL average pop. Maybe they need more swings?

Bengalfan

Addicted to Softballfans
Just picked a couple of bats from a retiring player. Dudley OG Black/yellow balanced and a 2.0 13" Blue/orange EL . Kinda dissapointed.
Lots of wear no rattles or stress lines still tacky but swinging them the balanced has no Az and the EL average pop. Maybe they need more swings?
Yeah, those things are crap. I will take them off your hands...even pay for shipping.
Lol, sounds like they need more swings on them.

dunkky

Just search eBay sold listings for Dudley lightning and then pick up your jaw off the floor.
unreal.. people actually pay that much for a bat. i've seen its performance. it's hot JUST LIKE other senior bats. what's so stupid is that people with 250 power and bat speed want it too like that bat will make them a homerun hitter... don't fool yourself thinking only the rich dudes buy that bat.. I've seen poor guy buying it too... lol

jhitman

I bought some 47 cor 525 comp softballs for shi@s and giggles. I'm getting 350' distance on my best shots with a good USSSA bat. If I hit those same balls with a senior bat...say a Melee2, how much extra would I get distance wise??? Would it be the same 20' or would it be more because it's a higher compression/cor softball?

BruceinGa

always online
I've swung Dudleys since the came out. I bought several when they were on sale at $139.
This spring I decided to sell my last one, thinking I would be out $$ if I broke it. Sold it on the bay for $550 and switched to Suncoast.
Tried the Melee Diamond then Melee 3. I sold them and settled on the Melee Reload.
I'm tempted to try some of the California bats.

jhitman

Since I'm still not owning a senior bat I was wondering why I am seeing the 2022 white Helmer senior bat being sold so cheaply?? I was offered one for $70 and then I saw it on a few sites for $49. Anyone know why it's selling so cheaply.

Last edited:

BruceinGa

always online
Since I'm still not owning a senior bat I was wondering 3why I am seeing the 2022 white Helmer senior bat being sold so cheaply?? I was offered one for $70 and then I saw it on a few sites for $49. Anyone know why it's selling so cheaply.
I've purchased 4!
I told Bobby that I find the Hitman 44 as a very good bat. I've hit plenty that were worse.

blakcherry329

How bad is a "bad" bat, nowadays, anyway? Gone are the days of the Reveals and Voltage(the white one), etc that were absolutely unusable unless you put 2k swings and even then they still sucked, just a little less. Every bat is good, some better than others.
No bat is bad for under $100, let alone $49. I loved the ASA Blue-line, so if it's anything like that, I'd be on it.

jhitman

How bad is a "bad" bat, nowadays, anyway? Gone are the days of the Reveals and Voltage(the white one), etc that were absolutely unusable unless you put 2k swings and even then they still sucked, just a little less. Every bat is good, some better than others.
No bat is bad for under $100, let alone $49. I loved the ASA Blue-line, so if it's anything like that, I'd be on it.

I agree 100%. For $49 how can it be that bad??? Also, it retailed for way more than that when it first came out in 2022. Any idea on the durability???

blakcherry329

I agree 100%. For $49 how can it be that bad??? Also, it retailed for way more than that when it first came out in 2022. Any idea on the durability???
I just ordered one, even though I don't need it. It's too good to pass up. going to use it in the cages hitting baseballs. lol
Maybe I'll post a video. lol

BP Hero didn't like it, but Big Chef and his crew liked it. My expectations are low. It'll be a bp/pickup game bat, no biggie.

Last edited:

jhitman

I just ordered one, even though I don't need it. It's too good to pass up. going to use it in the cages hitting baseballs. lol
Maybe I'll post a video. lol

BP Hero didn't like it, but Big Chef and his crew liked it. My expectations are low. It'll be a bp/pickup game bat, no biggie.

A $200+ bat in 2022 for $49. It's basically the same price as an Easton Hammer metal bat. Good enough for BP or shi@ and giggles. I might get one too as I don't own a senior bat.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Not sure where I ever said the Easton senior was a bad bat. I had an Empire that was pretty good but never had a Helmer/Hitman. AD Star Nightmare probably was the worst senior bat sold in the past 10 years.

blakcherry329

So I just got my bat. 2022 Helmer Hitman 44 28oz. won't be able to hit with it until next weekend, but HOLY **** this thing is a sledgehammer. the Endload is crazy, like a Miken MaxLoad. It's definitely going to take some getting used to. But it looks cool, so it has that going for it. lol
You can't go wrong picking one of these up just for BP. $54 and next day shipping? Highly recommend it. ;)

Last edited:

jkwoody22

League ball huer
I ordered a 27 to try out, I’ll be playing my first senior ball this year and wanted to try this for the price, the reviews says it has some flex, and I game an asa krecher and prefer a little flex, most of my buds all use the 1pc melees and I just didn’t care for the balance one I swung, so we shall see with this hitman, $50 why not

ogWarlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
I have too many bats now...to name a few; 5-6 old Reebok Melees, 4 Adidas Melees, 4-5 old Combats, Worth Wicked, just bought a Miken Kendrick, an OG Krecher and a 12" Suncoast. I don't need any more stinkin' bats but ya'll are making it so hard talking about a $50 bat. How does someone with a bat addiction refrain from pulling that trigger?!?!?!

jhitman

I ordered a 27 to try out, I’ll be playing my first senior ball this year and wanted to try this for the price, the reviews says it has some flex, and I game an asa krecher and prefer a little flex, most of my buds all use the 1pc melees and I just didn’t care for the balance one I swung, so we shall see with this hitman, $50 why not
I agree for $50 how can you go wrong. I am looking into getting a senior bat for only the 2nd time. I had a Melee2 that I sold a while back that I really liked. The new Mario Foster senior bat has been getting good run. Not in a hurry as our senior leagues here we can only use ASA/USA or USSSA bats. For me the USSSA bats are good enough with the 44 cor softballs.

BruceinGa

always online
I agree for $50 how can you go wrong. I am looking into getting a senior bat for only the 2nd time. I had a Melee2 that I sold a while back that I really liked. The new Mario Foster senior bat has been getting good run. Not in a hurry as our senior leagues here we can only use ASA/USA or USSSA bats. For me the USSSA bats are good enough with the 44 cor softballs.
Did you see SSUSA's new rule? Bats must have SSUSA 1.21 bpf. That means ASA and USSSA bats illegal in that association.
My Nightmares are also illegal now since it says Senior Softball World Championship.

kidknapp

Addicted to Softballfans
This is daBomb

Attachments

• IMG_7918.jpeg
    IMG_7918.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7918.jpeg
    IMG_7918.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7917.jpeg
    IMG_7917.jpeg