Senior Softball

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
sOMETIMES GUYS EGOS WONT LET THEM ADMIT IT , BUT PLAYING CLOSER TO YOU AGE GROUP CAN BE ALOT OF FUN. iN MY CASE, i HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A REC LEVEL PLAYER AND IT GOT TO THE POINT WHERE i BECAME A LIABILTY FOR THE REGULAR TEAMS i PLAYED FOR.i AM NO ALL STAR IN 55+ REC BALL, BUT I CAN STILL RUN AND MY LEGS ARE NOT TO TORN UP. i FEEL LIKE i CAN BRING SOMETHING FOR THE TEAM. gOOD LUCK gORO, IF YOU NEED A rf lmk, I CAN MAKE THE TRIP, lol. aND BESIDES, i CAN OUTRUN jOE ANYHOW, lol>

Jigokumimi

Addicted to Softballfans
Well I survived and while I did not play great I was good enough, we won!
Good stuff. I had a guy like this on my senior team this year: mainly an OF, but could battle SS to a draw, and better than anybody else we had.
You don't have to be the best SS in the world - just the best on that team!

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I was running late so got benched (from starting) my bad. Got to play some second base, made a good hit on a small pop up down the line behine first. Batted last and was 0 for two, gotta get my bat going. How was everyone elses games?

Dawalkr

He Hate Me
loved my first couple tourneys with the seniors and then i saw some buddy ball stuff i didnt like. Then the travel started to bother me. I just stopped and went back to playing regular softball..i pitch for like 2 different teams..its more fun to me

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I dont play any tournaments, league only. I have seen some buddy stuff but, at this point in my life I will deal with it and let it slide. I would love to play at least one night a week in local league. I still work full time days so play Saturday mornings, practise Sunday mornings. I live 10 minutes from the best fields around but, I pretty much just play OF and not a lot of call for 55+ OFs in league.........

obagain

Dr. bats are for wimps
Any of you guys start playing senior and been asked or moved to other positions? I am a life time OF and have been asked to play some SS on my new senior team, not sure why. Any thought, ideas and help learning how to play SS at my age?

Watch your throws, I moved from of to ss in the middle of the game.
Guys on first and second and I got a one hopper right at me, I turn and throw to third and the ball went over the fence onto the next field.
Release point is way different on the infield lol.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Watch your throws, I moved from of to ss in the middle of the game.
Guys on first and second and I got a one hopper right at me, I turn and throw to third and the ball went over the fence onto the next field.
Release point is way different on the infield lol.

yea, that and tend to windup not throw from my ear. I have noticed that I can side arm some throw, I sometimes feel like the pitcher may not get outa the way. Played some third at practice and was real bad, moved out to left center, felt much better

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
Im 45... I played a couple of over 40 "Worlds"... and it just wasn't the same as regular tournament ball..

But then again, the teams were pick-up teams just to play in the World. Ive seen a couple of Over 40 Teams that came down to SC a few years ago that would have beaten anyone in the state... so I know there are some very good teams out there..

KDEflyers

Addicted to Softballfans
50 AAA here in Portland. In addition to a few around here we went to Yakima & Lacey for tourney's this year and will be in Vegas for worlds first weekend in Oct. Heading down with only 10 or 11 guys due to last minute injuries. If you plan on being down there we might, will, need an outfielder for a few games.

fives55

Addicted to Softballfans
Played 20 some senior games in Jan and Feb. At 58 I was one of the younger ones there. Just played 1st senior tourney a month ago. As of now, I doubt I'll play senior any time soon. Just not for me I guess.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Played 20 some senior games in Jan and Feb. At 58 I was one of the younger ones there. Just played 1st senior tourney a month ago. As of now, I doubt I'll play senior any time soon. Just not for me I guess.

I feel for you brother, were you playing 55+? Also maybe you just weren't a good fit for that team or playing at the wrong level. I enjoyed 50+ but am having trouble fitting in at 55+; Dont know if its me, the team level or league I am in. Trying to do my own team or get picked up by some other guys I played 50+ with. Seems very inbred in this league, all nice guys but more than set in there ways.....

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
50 AAA here in Portland. In addition to a few around here we went to Yakima & Lacey for tourney's this year and will be in Vegas for worlds first weekend in Oct. Heading down with only 10 or 11 guys due to last minute injuries. If you plan on being down there we might, will, need an outfielder for a few games.

What level do yous guys play? I can play OF and can run but my hitting is suspect, especially single wall like I am playing now. I would love to hit a good senior bat, LOL.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Today is one of those days when true retirement sounds good. My 55+ league was cancelled Saturday, but played in a pick up game Sunday. My back started tightening up in the last inning, just got wore on the way home. Just took it easy the rest of the day, still tight. Gotta go sit at my desk for 8+ hours, gonna really start to hurt. Maybe time to give that day job up, rest my back for next weeks game. Damned day job is cutting into my playing time!

zman025

Addicted to Softballfans
I played on a 50 major team my first year a few yrs ago I was 49 turning 50 that yr . I was still playing on a utrip team with younger guys I was kinda boring playing senior ball then. We have a local 50 league which we can only use 100 mph + bats no senior allowed . Its not bad some of the teams are pretty good then some teams are not so . We use 44/375 balls so its fun hitting a harder ball . Looking to play a lot more senior ball tourney wise next yr as I turn 54.

zuke 37

Star Player
My guys from Pittsburgh are looking at the Tournament of Champions in Tampa at the end of Jan. 2016

I don't own a gun, but I still want my right to have one.

If you start removing ammendments to the Constitution you will weaken it. Like taking bricks from a wall.

Remember there is a #13.

zman025

Addicted to Softballfans
My guys from Pittsburgh are looking at the Tournament of Champions in Tampa at the end of Jan. 2016

I don't own a gun, but I still want my right to have one.

If you start removing ammendments to the Constitution you will weaken it. Like taking bricks from a wall.

Remember there is a #13.

That funny cause I play with a bunch of guys from Pitt once a year in a ASA tourney in York , Pa . Lmk if you need a guy to play in the TOC I can pitch catch play 1b or EH . I really like pitching though

BruceinGa

always online

I'm 66, been playing senior ball since I was 50, playing on 50 AAA, major and major plus. Then moved up playing 55, 60 now 65, major and major plus.
We have put together a 50 major team and also plan to be in Tampa in January.
Hope to see you there!

yance

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm 70 been playing senior ball for 15 years. Play in a 60+ league and a 70 AAA senior tournament team and still play in a church league and a ASA "D" league.

hitsone

Also 70 now, feel it, look it.
Started senior at 53, never went back to the kids (some fun co-ed tourneys).
Now I play in 65 for league and 65/70 tourneys.
Gotta say that 70 ball is so slooooow.....but fun.

TheSilentMan35

Senior baller...don't let the age bothers you!
I am almost 52...will be my second year playing senior softball next year (50 Major)...I also play in 40+ leagues, and often subbing for some teams at pitching...

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Finished our regular season Saturday, took the loss. we could string our hits together. We played decent defense, now off to the play offs, gotta wait till after Thanksgiving

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
It's my understanding that you can start to play Senior Ball the calender year you turn 50.....................Is that correct?

BruceinGa

always online
Well, I turned 49 last month, and was told I can start playing seniors in January..........Not that I'm all that eager to, but it could be fun.

You could have played in the tournament at The Villages, the one in Ft Myers and/or the one in Pensacola. Also you probably could have played in the one in Virginia Beach, Va.
These are all different associations. (The Villages isn't in an assoc)

The first step is to get on a team!!:bigok: