shin guards for pitchers

Treb

Retired
i would think so, it's a compression sleeve and the guard will mold to fit your shin. i don't own a pair but thinking about picking some up.

Keyhole

You're ****ing out!
I have Cranbarry field hokey shin guards. Cover from top of shoe to just below knee and I can wear them the entire game and not even know it.

x2

Will those evoshield sleeves fit a xxl size calf?

yes they will

Adidas field hockey.....well vented and padded nicely. Go from just above the foot to just below the knee and still fit under your pants (unless you're still wearing the 80's nut huggers). Once used to them you will barely notice they are there.....and nobody else will notice they are there.

Soccer shin guards are better than nothing, but that's about it. If you get hit directly you will still have bruising and pain with them.....but still much less than if you had no protection. These field hockey ones are far superior to the soccer ones.

If you only play 1 league game a night, get the most protection you can....but if you play tourney ball where you play several games in a day, take vetillation into consideration. Also, the ones that go under your socks and under your foot are harder to take off in between games.

i have a set of hockey shin guards,and they cover everything from top of foot to over the knee.....i think they a better than any soccer guard,as they are to stop pucks at 100mph,how many times do soccer players have to endure a hit like that to the shin...mmmmmm........

i would think so, it's a compression sleeve and the guard will mold to fit your shin. i don't own a pair but thinking about picking some up.

i just order a pair()evo) for myself as the hockey guards have to be taken off when i hit,where the evo can stay on........

Pinky12

I love teh PINK!
x2

yes they will

i have a set of hockey shin guards,and they cover everything from top of foot to over the knee.....i think they a better than any soccer guard,as they are to stop pucks at 100mph,how many times do soccer players have to endure a hit like that to the shin...mmmmmm........

i just order a pair()evo) for myself as the hockey guards have to be taken off when i hit,where the evo can stay on........

Thanks. I think I'll try em out

landsharklager

GDC MULTI-PLATINUM MEMBER
Will those evoshield sleeves fit a xxl size calf?

Yes. get the large ones, they custom fit.

Read the instructions before opening as well. I didn't and the first set I bought I just opened and threw in my bag, didn't know I had to mold them. I ended up with 2 flat shields that were pretty much worthless. Had to buy a new set.:eek:

frdvschvy

Addicted to Softballfans
How is sliding with any of these shin/knee guards? I would like to keep them on for the entire game and would like to be able to slide in them without issues. I took a shot to the top of the knee last week that has me considering additional protection.

gilroyc21

Addicted to Softballfans
i have a pair of some nike in the sock ones that cover my shin. slip on easy and stay in place, i took 2 or 3 p rods in the shin back to back weeks and ended up with a fist sized hematoma in my shin during the summer, went and floated the river and got staph in that area..... scariest thing ive experienced..... leave them on during the games, you will be thankful

Vinnie19

SlowPitchNation.com
Get a decent pair of Soccer shin guards (under $40 usually)

I've been wearing them for the past 5+ years. They are light and non-bulky, and work great. I've taken some terrible shots off the shins and I've never felt a thing.

brocstar

Addicted to Softballfans
Do the shin guards become unbearable in heat or is it not bad?

Obviously everyone sweats differently, some more some less. I used to play soccer so sweaty shins is nothing to me. However I wear knee high UA socks and then shins on those. So you don't really feel the sweat and the lizard skin material does absorb sweat. So to answer the question... Personally I don't think it's that bad wearing them.

The only down fall is no patella protection.

SODAK14

Addicted to Softballfans
Adidas field hockey.....well vented and padded nicely. Go from just above the foot to just below the knee and still fit under your pants (unless you're still wearing the 80's nut huggers). Once used to them you will barely notice they are there.....and nobody else will notice they are there.

How are these stay up velcro straps, compression socks, ? Also will they stay up while you're running bases or do you have to take them off between at-bats? Thanks!!

spdracer7326

Addicted to Softballfans
Played in a tournament where a guy was wearing 1 hockey shin guard... I am thinking about suiting up like a damn knight from now on. I took a hot shot off the outside of my right thigh the other night playing indoor and it left quite the mark. It comes so fast off the indoor turf... and i didnt have much time to react.

Still pisses me off that I got hit... I haven't had a ball hit me, while pitching, in probably 6 years.

teddersx6

Go Pack Go!!!!!!

if your talking about the Evoshields, I have them. Hands down the best. I have the wrist guard too. Looking into getting the chest guard this year too.

frdvschvy

Addicted to Softballfans
if your talking about the Evoshields, I have them. Hands down the best. I have the wrist guard too. Looking into getting the chest guard this year too.

I just ordered a pair of the Evoshields based on some of the reviews here. Looking forward to trying them out.

dubes23113

Addicted to Softballfans
i wear a pair of nike shin guards. they dont have straps they come with a thin sleeve that put on over calf and then slide the shin guard in and it holds tightly. so light dont even know they are there

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans

How are these stay up velcro straps, compression socks, ? Also will they stay up while you're running bases or do you have to take them off between at-bats? Thanks!!

They have 2 velcro straps, one high and one low. I never take them off and was used to them after a couple of games.....coming from regular soccer shin guards. Very comfortable! A lot of times I even forget to take them off in between games. I am starting my 3rd year with them....no issues.

jlsjls020105

Addicted to Softballfans
If going with any leg protection from the knee down, shin guards are not going to do it. I've tried all kinds of ideas and finally settled on these badboys. I have had them on for a couple years now along with a Worth pitching helmet. I forget I have them on.
picture.php

picture.php

AdamDawgDude

Addicted to Softballfans

Is there a pocket in the sleeve or is it held against your leg? I have a pair that hold against the leg and they fall out if I slide.

chewgravel219

Addicted to Softballfans
I bought fox motocross guards that cover shin and knee. Added a small mod at the bottom to cover ankle too. They are very lightweight, fit under pants and if you wanted them off for batting/running, simple 2 slide button closure.

Wildcat22

The Veteran
Bought some for like $15 bux..I don't even notice they are there....Im Looking into the worth face mask/helmet next..

the helmet is gtg, and im looking into getting shin guards as well, looking for the "coolest" option, it gets freaking hot here