Single Wall Bat Advice

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Has anyone ever hit a single wall Worth Reloaded? It has a longer barrel profiles, hence a bigger sweet spot and a .5 EL. I just got one, looks real nice but feels like an El Cheapo ( but did not hit yet)

item-wo11-sbrldz.jpg

Sel

Addicted to Softballfans
Looks like an all alloy stick that probably gives a big "ting!" when contact is made. Had a teammate a couple years back use a bat like that all the time, even after we told him the stick was crap!. That SOB could still slap hit the $hit outta that bat and get on all the time.

Sorry to say, but spending the same amount on an older decent quality used stick would've been advised. Plenty out there for $50-$80.

Good Luck!!

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Has anyone ever hit a single wall Worth Reloaded? It has a longer barrel profiles, hence a bigger sweet spot and a .5 EL. I just got one, looks real nice but feels like an El Cheapo ( but did not hit yet)

item-wo11-sbrldz.jpg

I think your el cheapo thought is right on. Might as well be using a hammer

LT44

Addicted to Softballfans
The DeMarini White Steel is an awesome single wall bat. Unfortunately they are pricey and hard to find.

Hiltz

Built for comfort

They sold in chain stores alongside the Worth Amp.
El cheapo is right, it's gonna ring your ears and not do much else.

Sorry to say, but spending the same amount on an older decent quality used stick would've been advised. Plenty out there for $50-$80.

Agreed. I honestly don't know why people even buy new singlewalls. There are so many great old ones floating out there that are as good, or better, than anything being produced today. I see old Powerdomes, C405+'s, TPS Advanced, etc. all the time for under $40 and I snap every one of them up.

redado74

The Veteran

Agreed. I honestly don't know why people even buy new singlewalls. There are so many great old ones floating out there that are as good, or better, than anything being produced today. I see old Powerdomes, C405+'s, TPS Advanced, etc. all the time for under $40 and I snap every one of them up.
Where do you see that Powerdomes nder 40? please fordward me. Thanks

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe

I have alot of old single walls that I use. I am partial to Anderson and like the older ones. I also have a few new Anderson Flex from the new Anderson Bat Co. I am starting to wonder if older single walls lose there pop after years of use. I am not talking about dents, cracks or flat spots, just pop in general. Perhaps aluminum alloy fatigue? Anyone have a opinion, scientific or practical on this?

Hiltz

Built for comfort

I'm talking local yard sales, flea markets, etc.

I am starting to wonder if older single walls lose there pop after years of use. I am not talking about dents, cracks or flat spots, just pop in general. Perhaps aluminum alloy fatigue? Anyone have a opinion, scientific or practical on this?

Singlewalls are at top performance when brand-new. Every hit from swing #1 fatigues the metal and reduces how much trampoline effect the barrel has, although some old metal bats take 1000's of swings to show a noticeable difference. When they start cracking, it isn't because the wall is over-flexing like a composite. It's because the alloy has work-hardened and has actually LOST flexibility to the point where it starts fracturing.

Double-walls are a different animal. The actual material starts fatiguing but performance can increase because of small gaps developing between the barrel walls due to waving. Anderson Rocketechs and Flexzillas mimic this effect by having a wavy inner wall from the factory. Worth ESTs and PSTs were notorious for hitting another gear once they got waved up a bit. Once they started to develop a "clacking" sound on impact, they were at their peak.

96packers

OG Titletown
Double-walls are a different animal. The actual material starts fatiguing but performance can increase because of small gaps developing between the barrel walls due to waving. Anderson Rocketechs and Flexzillas mimic this effect by having a wavy inner wall from the factory. Worth ESTs and PSTs were notorious for hitting another gear once they got waved up a bit. Once they started to develop a "clacking" sound on impact, they were at their peak.

I object! They pinged ..... BIGTIME! :cool:

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I object! They pinged ..... BIGTIME! :cool:

They did ping. For the first few thousand hits. But once the inner wall got wavy and separated from the outer shell, you could start to hear the walls smacking against each other. From then on, there was no ping. They sounded more like a broken wood bat.

redado74

The Veteran

Singlewalls are at top performance when brand-new. Every hit from swing #1 fatigues the metal and reduces how much trampoline effect the barrel has, although some old metal bats take 1000's of swings to show a noticeable difference. When they start cracking, it isn't because the wall is over-flexing like a composite. It's because the alloy has work-hardened and has actually LOST flexibility to the point where it starts fracturing.

That sites área possible to be contact by email, website or comunity? I am outside USA, If you have some contact please forward me. Thanks

Hiltz

Built for comfort

That sites área possible to be contact by email, website or comunity? I am outside USA, If you have some contact please forward me. Thanks

No, most flea markets and yard sales don't have websites.

If you're outside North America and older singlewalls aren't common, your best bet is eBay.