Single wall dilemma

This is the approved bat list sent to me for an upcoming interleague game.
PORTSMOUTH COED SOFTBALL LEAGUE APPROVED MEN’S BAT LIST
Demarini Bruiser (DXBSP)

Easton Reflex (SX72)

Easton S300 Single Wall (SP14S300)

TPS Louisville Slugger Warrior (SB12W)

Demarini Ultimate Weapon (WTDXUWE)

Easton Rival (SG1)

Demarini Uprising (STDXDMS)

Easton S500 (SP14S500)

Louisville Slugger Vapor (SBVA15U)

Demarini Defiance

Previous year's versions are also approved
Brought my Anderson up to the field before I got this list and was told it was illegal because it said "diamond flex" and ump said he was told no flex bats or 2 piece. Then our league director sent me this list today. Other team said my Anderson would have been legal if we were at their home fields and that compared to what they were allowed was bottom of the barrel. Not going to buy a bat for one game, but if I can get my hands on one of these which would you recommend?

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
Ultimate weapon on that list, but there is no way I'm paying asking price for one at most places. Bruiser is a Walmart-level bat. Pretty sure the Eastons are, too. I've liked the Warriors I've swung, but I haven't swung that one.

If the other team plays in another single wall league, the Anderson is not bottom barrel.

e30dirty

Extra Hitter
The Easton s500 really isn't that bad, I use it in my one piece single wall coed league and it does very good, plus it's a little more durable than the ultimate weapon.

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
Ultimate weapon is the best of that lot, Warrior would come in 2nd, everything else is crap. Should be able to find the 2015 or older UW's new in the $60-$80 range. Silly LD----

FYI the "diamond flex" being illegal makes absolutely no sense. It is an aluminum alloy just like all the other single walls out there (except the Demarini Steels which are steel alloys). Older Anderson singlewalls (Nanotek, Flextech, Pyrotech) are some of the best singlewalls out there

milesej05

The Rookie
I picked up my ultimate weapon about 3 years back from Menards. Was on sale for $50 dollars and had a $30 dollar mail in rebate. That thing is an absolute beast during cold weather.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
"FYI the "diamond flex" being illegal makes absolutely no sense. It is an aluminum alloy just like all the other single walls out there (except the Demarini Steels which are steel alloys). Older Anderson singlewalls (Nanotek, Flextech, Pyrotech) are some of the best singlewalls out there"

What model is your Anderson? I am constantly amazed by leages and directors who are totaly ignorant and/or to lazy to learn anything about bats If Your doing a job learn what **** you doing!

http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/diamond-flex-dx1-where-in-the-alloy-tree.879543/

"FYI the "diamond flex" being illegal makes absolutely no sense. It is an aluminum alloy just like all the other single walls out there (except the Demarini Steels which are steel alloys). Older Anderson singlewalls (Nanotek, Flextech, Pyrotech) are some of the best singlewalls out there"

What model is your Anderson? I am constantly amazed by leages and directors who are totaly ignorant and/or to lazy to learn anything about bats If Your doing a job learn what **** you doing!

http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/diamond-flex-dx1-where-in-the-alloy-tree.879543/
It's a flex tech, and I know it's ridiculous. We are filling out a schedule vs another league that is a single wall league. Originally the home team league rules applied. Our umpires didn't know their bat list and was given en a guideline of single wall, one piece, no flex bats. Umpire said to ahead after I talked to him about it, but I chose not to to prevent any issues. We didn't find out about the bat rules till we got to the field (our home field).

i got to swing my Ultimate Weapon on tuesday when i filled in for a buddy in his gAySA league...love that bat and it's fun outhitting guys that spent hundreds of dollars on their new stuff with my old single wall

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
i got to swing my Ultimate Weapon on tuesday when i filled in for a buddy in his gAySA league...love that bat and it's fun outhitting guys that spent hundreds of dollars on their new stuff with my old single wall

I could never make it past 10 hits with a UW without it getting some serious dents & cracks. But those 1st few hits were amazing. Then again, that was with 44's. The 52's are a little more forgiving but I still probably couldn't make it thru a season without having to replace it. Great bat but for me they tend to last about as long as a gram of coke at a bachelor party.

gaternation

Addicted to Softballfans
sounds like a complete douche league. Oh no us men can't handle a ball hit too hard, we're delicate little flowers and must be kept verstil virgin safe:rolleyes:. give me a break, LD is a total tool

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I don't know why some leagues still insist on singlewall bats. Just use a mid grade .52 300 ball and allow any ASA bats.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
I could never make it past 10 hits with a UW without it getting some serious dents & cracks. But those 1st few hits were amazing. Then again, that was with 44's. The 52's are a little more forgiving but I still probably couldn't make it thru a season without having to replace it. Great bat but for me they tend to last about as long as a gram of coke at a bachelor party.

I'm sure with .52's a UW would last you just fine. It wouldn't hit like you remembered though. I can tell you from experience that a .44/525 is harder on a bat than a .47/525. If you crushed a UW with a .44/375, a .52/300 would be tremendously easier on the bat.