Small hands and outfield?

SteveO.

I want your RD28's!
I'm looking for the best glove I can find for a guy with little hands. Probably looking for a 13" or so and while I spend 98% of my time in the field, I'd love to be able to use it the odd time I'm in the IF. I think I'd want the Kip leather from what I've read but I'm not sure which model would suit my small hands.

I use a Roddy right now that they made to fit my tiny hands and I like it except it fell apart after one season. I also bought a BV1945 after being told it would work for my small hands and it's clearly way too big. It literally falls off my hand, which is irritating after dropping the coin on it and being told by the rep it would fit.

Any suggestions you guys have would be great. Not worried about price, just fit and performance. If I can't find a Vinci I'll just order another Roddy and hope it's not junk.

SteveO.

I want your RD28's!
I'll start the discussion with these two:

http://www.vincipro.com/cart/ab74-vm-black-13-inch-with-new-mesh-back-and-velcro-strap.html
http://www.vincipro.com/cart/baseball-glove-rv1961-l-12.75-fielders-dual-web.html

More options as you go down in size. What is the web style, back style, size of your Rodriquez glove?

Thanks for the links, I'll have a look.

This is my Roddy (when it was new). 13"

front.jpg

I would also mention these 2 if you are going to be in the OF most of the time in this order:

http://www.vincipro.com/cart/bmb-ob-black-13-inch.html
http://www.vincipro.com/cart/product.php?productid=242&cat=19&page=1

Thanks, I'll have a look. Work a deal involving a VX2? :D

SteveO.

I want your RD28's!
VX2? Hmmmmm.....ASA RD28?:)

How many gloves are you planning on sending me? :D

The VX2 comment was just to poke fun at Longball over something else. ;)

NICE RODDY.. so u say it fell apart how so lmk pleas

It tore in the palm below the web within a few weeks of starting to use it in games. Took a season of warmups before it was game ready and then ripped soon after I started using it. I really like the glove but would have been happier if it lasted more than a year. I spent more time getting it game ready than I spent using it before it tore. Still using it this year, but it'll be done after this season so I'd like to start getting another glove ready.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
If I sold you the BV1945-22 I will exchange it, LMK. Do you wear a batting glove under your glove? Also we do make the AB74 with an adjustable Velcro strap. Who ever sold you the BV1945 should help you bro contact them.

SteveO.

I want your RD28's!
If I sold you the BV1945-22 I will exchange it, LMK. Do you wear a batting glove under your glove? Also we do make the AB74 with an adjustable Velcro strap. Who ever sold you the BV1945 should help you bro contact them.

I don't wear a batting glove to hit and can't stand wearing one in a fielding glove. :)

It didn't come from you but I have been in touch with the fellow that did and he's willing to help me out, which is very cool. A couple guys suggested the AB74-vm and and I think that's the plan. Did some reading on the Vinci site (although it's not very helpful) and think the AB74-VM is a decent choice. I don't want to compromise though, I want the best fitting, best performing glove I can find. My defense could use the help. :D

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
How about a PJV04-L? You can tighten up the button lap to the tighter set of holes and the 6-finger trap is a good OF web.

JLong14

Addicted to Softballfans
I have the ab74 VM and it is the best glove I have ever worn, I play centerfield in a 5 man mostthe time but on occasion do play some infield at league, so it is versatile and stays on my hand great you will not regret going with this glove.

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
How about a PJV04-L? You can tighten up the button lap to the tighter set of holes and the 6-finger trap is a good OF web.

Traps are not ideal for IF use..

I have the ab74 VM and it is the best glove I have ever worn, I play centerfield in a 5 man mostthe time but on occasion do play some infield at league, so it is versatile and stays on my hand great you will not regret going with this glove.

This is exactly why I recommended this glove to him...

SteveO.

I want your RD28's!

Do you have a couple photos of it? I think that's the model I'll go with. How do you like the mesh back on it? Are you blessed with small hands as well? :D

qhendrix

Addicted to Softballfans
What's up with you Canadians? I have 3 friends from Canada(2 from Saskatoon and 1 from Red Deer) and all 3 have tiny hands. Must be all the polar bear meat you guys eat. :) I bet your hands are big enough to hold a bottle of rye :D. All joking aside, these guys will hook you up. They'll do just about anything to make you happy. I've got a RV60 and a EI1918-22 coming soon. Looking forward to getting those babies out on the field.

SteveO.

I want your RD28's!
What's up with you Canadians? I have 3 friends from Canada(2 from Saskatoon and 1 from Red Deer) and all 3 have tiny hands. Must be all the polar bear meat you guys eat. :) I bet your hands are big enough to hold a bottle of rye :D. All joking aside, these guys will hook you up. They'll do just about anything to make you happy. I've got a RV60 and a EI1918-22 coming soon. Looking forward to getting those babies out on the field.

We don't grow as big as you guys because of the cold weather. :D

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
I've got the same issue as far as hand size, and have been happy with the Roddy's I've had made for my hands (well not the first one, but that's a separate issue). I used one all last year, 8+ games per week, and it held up fine. I've tried a number of Vincis (can't remember if the AB74-VM was one), and haven't found one that fit well. If you find one that works well for you, please let me know.

SteveO.

I want your RD28's!
I've got the same issue as far as hand size, and have been happy with the Roddy's I've had made for my hands (well not the first one, but that's a separate issue). I used one all last year, 8+ games per week, and it held up fine. I've tried a number of Vincis (can't remember if the AB74-VM was one), and haven't found one that fit well. If you find one that works well for you, please let me know.

I really like the fit of my Roddy as well and once I finally had it broken in enough to use in a game it was awesome. Unfortuantely it didn't last a season before starting to come apart and while I really liked the glove, I don't want to pay custom glove prices for something that doesn't last and will take forever to get made. I've ordered up the AB74-VM and hope with the velcro strap it'll be good. I'll keep you posted though for sure. ...Steve

UptotheKnuckle

Addicted to Softballfans
AB74 would also be my suggestion I also don't have very big hands. less then 7" from tip of middle finger to base of palm and 4" across plam below thumb. An the AM 74 works great.

boomboom32

Catch the ****ing ball!!!
I have small hands myself and i also play centerfield. In my opinion you can go wrong with the bmb line.