So, I was "That Guy" again... :{

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
Caught another team swinging illegal stick again (Easton SCN2 Synergy CNT in my other ASA League). Not a re-issue, either. Had ISF stamp on it. Hot as ****, and so I decided to pick it up and check it out (I pitch)...

Yup. Called it out. 3 runs nullified. Batter out. Inning ended.

Their offense ground to a halt, since all their other bats were Walmart metal, and we proceeded to roll over them, 16-5.

A few people shot middle after that... Hard to say, if intentional... I caught them all for outs.

I have had it with this BS, after suspicions last year, and I decided I am checking every time now I think it is not right this year... I have been right about it every time. New email from league on it going out today...

Cheaters Suck. FU, Cheaters! :mad:

TRaj2327

Caught another team swinging illegal stick again (Easton SCN2 Synergy CNT in my other ASA League). Not a re-issue, either. Had ISF stamp on it. Hot as ****, and so I decided to pick it up and check it out (I pitch)...

Their offense ground to a halt, since all their other bats were Walmart metal, and we proceeded to roll over them, 16-5.

A few people shot middle after that... Hard to say, if intentional... I caught them all for outs.

I have had it with this BS, after suspicions last year, and I decided I am checking every time now I think it is not right this year... I have been right about it every time. New email from league on it going out today...

BRAG POST!

BTW, just because it has an ISF stamp doesn't make it an OG. It depends on the SHAPE of the ISF stamp. Based on the fact every other bat in the dugout was a WalMart special, I'm willing to bet they had no idea it was even illegal. Maybe you know that answer though.

HOME PLATE - RI
OVAL - OG

sftballguy

Addicted to Softballfans
you should have known the first time they went up to the plate with that bat it wasnt a asa bat if you play softball

It seems that you are "that guy" ALWAYS...

Ummmmmm...you called them out for using non-asa after they scored 5 runs? You should have just changed to your USSSA glove, then you would have caught those balls too...

I don't condone cheating, but it will NEVER stop. Wrong association bats are the least of your worries when you're pitching...

thatguy.jpg

Last edited:

Gerdass

Addicted to Softballfans
BRAG POST!

BTW, just because it has an ISF stamp doesn't make it an OG. It depends on the SHAPE of the ISF stamp. Based on the fact every other bat in the dugout was a WalMart special, I'm willing to bet they had no idea it was even illegal. Maybe you know that answer though.

HOME PLATE - RI
OVAL - OG

If they only had WalMarts and this. I'm guessing you are aright.

And the OP, instead of calling them out, should have tried to buy it.

cowboys81

Addicted to Softballfans

So they seeded the middle with a Walmart bat and you gloved them all for outs! Good job bud you should be league mvp.

muskaaron

Manufactured To Hit Bombs
if someone one, even if it is league, is using an illegal bat, they should be told and follow the rules like everyone else...what makes them better than the rules everyone else plays by? Bust em every time...i do.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
its not really "cheating"

they probably had no idea

tell them its not ASA approved and move on

softballin101

Addicted to Softballfans
I just made a thread about using the rules to your advantage. A synergy 2 at that! My extended is just as hot as that but it just happens to be legal. Yall probably still would have beat them if they had their Synergy 2. I could see if they were hitting a bunch of home runs with the bat but they were probably keeping them in the park where they could be fielded.

Exactly, that is bad business to do **** like that. They will probably dislike your whole team for that one incident. Why didn't you pull the coach to the side and say that the bat isn't illegal and is an automatic out if you swing it?

MauriSSio

Part Time Player
Exactly, that is bad business to do **** like that. They will probably dislike your whole team for that one incident. Why didn't you pull the coach to the side and say that the bat isn't illegal and is an automatic out if you swing it?

most people who buy "premium" type bats have at least a basic idea of the rules and whats allowed and what isnt. The person who brought that bat most likely knew it was illegal. The rest of the team probably had no idea considering the rest of the bats in their arsenal.

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
So sad....when we come across a team like that, we call them on it....if they keep using it, we have one of those too, for that reason....light some up through the infield and over the fence....ask if they are done yet.

Its sad really
F

crdawg2521

PowerTek Performance Apparel & Lizard Skins Rep.
Depending on the team I might have said something to the coach or I would have just waited until after the fact and told the ump. Either way they were using illegal equipment and I wouldn't care how they felt about it in the end.

After as much talk about illegal bats over the past few years and notices being sent out to every single coach who runs a team or player on an email list I give no quarter :D

crushthatball

それに愚痴を吸う
you should have known the first time they went up to the plate with that bat it wasnt a asa bat if you play softball

cool story bro..tell me again!

Was it church league as well and did you confront them in front of everybody, "the power of Christ compels you".

They had no idea...walmart bats..

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
The team we were playing friday was using Glass. A shaved MUTJHA. It was a 28.5 (which we all know weighs like 30+ OZ. This thing was light as a feather! LOL. All their guys were passing it to each other every at bat. Not too suspicious, lol

mjross81

Surrounded by estrogen
The team we were playing friday was using Glass. A shaved MUTJHA. It was a 28.5 (which we all know weighs like 30+ OZ. This thing was light as a feather! LOL. All their guys were passing it to each other every at bat. Not too suspicious, lol

we had a team last year doing this in co-ed nonetheless. They didn't even deny it but just justified it because they "didn't hit at the girls" :rolleyes:

i dont know why everybody here is hating on you for catching cheaters.

if someone one, even if it is league, is using an illegal bat, they should be told and follow the rules like everyone else...what makes them better than the rules everyone else plays by? Bust em every time...i do.

Depending on the team I might have said something to the coach or I would have just waited until after the fact and told the ump. Either way they were using illegal equipment and I wouldn't care how they felt about it in the end.

After as much talk about illegal bats over the past few years and notices being sent out to every single coach who runs a team or player on an email list I give no quarter :D

keep calling them out

yep if you use illegal equipment,you should be called out,don't care.....