So, I was "That Guy" again... :{

tippin20s

Poor little tink tink
Are your legs tired? His legs ain't tired. :/ Tink tink tink

my league went to supplied bats.. problem solved

My Tuesday league does this as well. They ahve a good assortment of brands and weights. They use rocks though, the balls still fly. It's an easy way of takin the cheaters out of the game while letting us big dudes still hit bombas.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
Had a guy on a team we were playing last week (in ASA co-ed) try to use a DC Psycho. I was pitching and noticed it as soon as the guy was walking into the box with it. Just told blue that it wasn't an ASA bat. He checked it and told them to put it away (league rule is that you're out if you're caught using an illegal bat...I guess since he didn't hit with it, he didn't "use it"... whatever). Blue even thanked me after the inning was over for letting him know because he didn't have time to check bats before the game (the umps have never checked bats in the 4 years I've been playing there, mainly because of time and a lot of games). First time I had to call one out in that league in 4 years.

rcsd23

Extra Hitter
Had a guy on a team we were playing last week (in ASA co-ed) try to use a DC Psycho. I was pitching and noticed it as soon as the guy was walking into the box with it. Just told blue that it wasn't an ASA bat. He checked it and told them to put it away (league rule is that you're out if you're caught using an illegal bat...I guess since he didn't hit with it, he didn't "use it"... whatever). Blue even thanked me after the inning was over for letting him know because he didn't have time to check bats before the game (the umps have never checked bats in the 4 years I've been playing there, mainly because of time and a lot of games). First time I had to call one out in that league in 4 years.

We use Scmaf rules and ASA bats where I play. It's an out and batter is ejected from game for using an illegal bat.

matte22

Addicted to Softballfans
sooooo.softball fans is supposed to be not about cheating. but when someone catches somebody they get dogged on here????????????????????:(:(:(

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
I was catching in another league game last fall. The rules were ASA bats and any 44/375 ball. Guy comes to bat with a DC Psycho (different guy from my other thread, same bat...weird). I didn't say anything to the ump until he hit with it. Then told the ump that's not an ASA bat and this is an ASA bat league (the umps used for this league were ASA umps, but were unfamiliar with our league rules). He looks it over and tells them to put it away and not to use it again. Next inning the same guy comes up with the DC Psycho again. I ask him if that's the same bat and he says it is. I tell the ump he's using the same bat as before and it's not ASA. Ump doesn't do anything and the guy hits with it again (hits a laser that was caught). Ump then tells the team again to put the bat away and that it's ASA bats only. Meanwhile, the team starts complaining about me calling the bat out and just let them use it, etc. Umps says that's the rules and it's a safety issue. Next time that one guy comes to bat he's using a Freak 98 and asks me and the ump, sarcastically, if that bat is ok to use (some of the other guys on the team did the same thing). So I say that it is ok to use. His excuse, apparently, was that he was picked up after the season started and was unaware of the bat rules and was using the bat every game and no one said anything. Not my fault the other teams they played don't know anything about bats. I just couldn't believe he came to bat a second time with the same bat after he was told to not to use it again and then the team complaining about me "being that guy". Wish the ump would have at least called the guy out the second time he used it or something.

ShaneDuncan

Addicted to Softballfans
If its a team thats complete garbage and they seem to honestly not know I will usually just let the other team know they cant use it. But if they are smart and being ****s sneaking it out then hiding it after they use it I will wait till someone hits with it and then have them and the bat thrown out. Happens in our league all the time. They hide the bat when the ump is checking and randomly you see them hitting a USSSA bat.

injury

Star Player
Personally, if I didn't think they knew any better I'd probably have the base coach on their dugout side let their manager know.

If they insisted on using it after that, they we'd know they knew better and calling it out to the ump is GTG.

dremersvision

Addicted to Softballfans
If a team has walmart bats then i will doubt that they were cheating. Way different if they had freaks and 454s but that is my .02

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
We are self-umped, so there is nobody to turn to there.

While some on the team appeared clueless, this guy seemed more experienced, and most likely knew what he had, and figured nobody else knew.

Nope. I know. Thanks to SBF! :D

Smokies26

Manager
So they were a crap ass team using a good bat and yea know actually hitting well. And instead of just letting them have a little bit of glory you ruined all their fun and my guess is still would have won the game. I have pitched in a few super low rec level leagues that I played in with my college friends and whenever I came across another team using an illegal bat I just got mine out for my team to use. It was a lot more fun for all the guys involved and even more shockingly not one person got hurt from a batted ball.

For many and I mean many guys that play ball that one night of league is all they have. When I started playing I was playing in a rec league with no bat rules at all. Our team and another team were the only 2 teams that were any good. The first year I started playing the U2 was blowing up and becoming the best bat ever. The next season our 2 teams were still the only teams that had ultras. Throughout that year though we were all telling them how great they were and how much you could get them for and where. By the next season just about every team had an ultra 2. The team I was on and the other team were still the only really good teams. However, the other teams had their own U2's and guys were hitting their first homers ever and having more fun than they ever had. Moral of the story, I know drawn out and long, but is because of these bats and the leagues rules guys were having more fun then they ever had and to me thats what league is about. So I guess what I am getting at is the next time you are at league and this happens think to yourself would you rather be awesome cool guy and call out a bat and make a guy swing a **** bat and have zero fun getting crushed all season or just let them swing it, have more fun swing a good bat, still get beat all season, actually have a chance to hit a homer and continue to want to play.

And oh yea ITS JUST ****ING LEAGUE!!!!! WHO REALLY CARES!!! JUST HAVE FUN!

MauriSSio

Part Time Player
So they were a crap ass team using a good bat and yea know actually hitting well. And instead of just letting them have a little bit of glory you ruined all their fun and my guess is still would have won the game. I have pitched in a few super low rec level leagues that I played in with my college friends and whenever I came across another team using an illegal bat I just got mine out for my team to use. It was a lot more fun for all the guys involved and even more shockingly not one person got hurt from a batted ball.

For many and I mean many guys that play ball that one night of league is all they have. When I started playing I was playing in a rec league with no bat rules at all. Our team and another team were the only 2 teams that were any good. The first year I started playing the U2 was blowing up and becoming the best bat ever. The next season our 2 teams were still the only teams that had ultras. Throughout that year though we were all telling them how great they were and how much you could get them for and where. By the next season just about every team had an ultra 2. The team I was on and the other team were still the only really good teams. However, the other teams had their own U2's and guys were hitting their first homers ever and having more fun than they ever had. Moral of the story, I know drawn out and long, but is because of these bats and the leagues rules guys were having more fun then they ever had and to me thats what league is about. So I guess what I am getting at is the next time you are at league and this happens think to yourself would you rather be awesome cool guy and call out a bat and make a guy swing a **** bat and have zero fun getting crushed all season or just let them swing it, have more fun swing a good bat, still get beat all season, actually have a chance to hit a homer and continue to want to play.

And oh yea ITS JUST ****ING LEAGUE!!!!! WHO REALLY CARES!!! JUST HAVE FUN!
sounds like a cheater apologist to me. If we all swing legal bats then the competition is fair. If league supplied the bats everything would be better still.

injury

Star Player
I have pitched in a few super low rec level leagues that I played in with my college friends and whenever I came across another team using an illegal bat I just got mine out for my team to use.

Thus you become a part of the problem and what's worse admit tryiing to encourage everyone else on the team to join you in your "I have to cheat to compete" club.

sooooo.softball fans is supposed to be not about cheating. but when someone catches somebody they get dogged on here????????????????????:(:(:(

Boo-yah!

Playin' the hot corner in my co-ed metal league and this BIG dude steps in with the green mayhem?!?!

Really? ... REALLY?!?
Dude, GTFO with that ish!!

He's all, "What'd I do??" What-evs man. He still goes yard while screaming, "stupid bat!!". Again, whatever.

The icing was when he tried to call me out for swinging a nanotek. :rolleyes:

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
i called a team out trying to use a worth launch at a utrip tourney 2 summers ago. the guys claimed not to know what i was talking about. they knew damn well what i was talking about. the funny thing is they put orange electrical tape around the taper to try to make it look like a worth jhm75120 pumpkin. friggin *******s. i did it before the game tho. so all they had to do was put it away. if i had waited until they used it, the player using it would have got ejected (no sub, auto out) for the remainder of the tourney and coach ejected for the tourney....and the TD would have confiscated the bat and he said he would have been able to do whatever he wanted with it. the worst part is the guys i called out were acting like i was the *******. they were like "its just softball"......i said "ur right, ur trying to cheat in softball, how pathetic". then i said "i'll be back" just like arnold schwarzenigglet. i didnt really say that, but the rest of my story is true.

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
i called a team out trying to use a worth launch at a utrip tourney 2 summers ago. the guys claimed not to know what i was talking about. they knew damn well what i was talking about. the funny thing is they put orange electrical tape around the taper to try to make it look like a worth jhm75120 pumpkin. friggin *******s. i did it before the game tho. so all they had to do was put it away. if i had waited until they used it, the player using it would have got ejected (no sub, auto out) for the remainder of the tourney and coach ejected for the tourney....and the TD would have confiscated the bat and he said he would have been able to do whatever he wanted with it. the worst part is the guys i called out were acting like i was the *******. they were like "its just softball"......i said "ur right, ur trying to cheat in softball, how pathetic". then i said "i'll be back" just like arnold schwarzenigglet. i didnt really say that, but the rest of my story is true.

Arnold Schwarzennegro? Dlmk

oppo

Coach

Should have waited till someone stepped in the box with it. Screw them.

Rocketfire24

Addicted to Softballfans
Nothing wrong with calling out illegal bats for ASA play. I do it all the time and I don't feel bad about it. I don't bring out my USSSA bats for ASA games, why let oppenents hit theirs? I have to admit, I did it twice last year and both times the other team got really iritated.

I didn't do it to make them mad and I didn't do it because they were hitting unreal shots off of their super hot usssa bats either...but its the rules and the umps don't know for some reason. One team called "Old Timers" played in our league and they are a really good team...had the best league record going into the tournement playoffs last year. They had a grey haired 50 plus year old guy that was swinging a Synergy 2 and I told the ump when he came to the plate that it was illegal. They were pissed, saying " he is over 50....blah blah blah. I have 2 guys over 50 on my league team, they look like their both 42, but still....stupid response.

NAILBOMB9

Addicted to Softballfans
It is beeeeeyond pathetic how people have no problem with CHEATING!! If you can't hit it hard with a LEGAL bat then go sit your ass down on a bank with a damn fishing pole!! And NO, just cuz "everyone else is doing it" doesn't make it right. Fine example some people set this day in age. Wonder if that's why things are such a mess and everyone's ENTITLED....??????

Fsgaming

Addicted to Softballfans
its not really "cheating"

they probably had no idea

tell them its not ASA approved and move on

^Sounds to me like this is what he did.. No need to rag on a guy for busting cheaters..It should always be brought to someones attention. ignorant or not.. We have a young kid in our that insists his Senior bat, Yellow and Blue 'the one' is leagal because its not on our banned list..(which of course is the list of bats banned with an asa stamp on it) even got into a bit of a heated argument after he was gonna use it the first time we played them. Not everyone knows the rules, so i see nothing wrong with calling people out.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
^Sounds to me like this is what he did.. No need to rag on a guy for busting cheaters..It should always be brought to someones attention. ignorant or not.. We have a young kid in our that insists his Senior bat, Yellow and Blue 'the one' is leagal because its not on our banned list..(which of course is the list of bats banned with an asa stamp on it) even got into a bit of a heated argument after he was gonna use it the first time we played them. Not everyone knows the rules, so i see nothing wrong with calling people out.

Neither do I, I just don't think its the end of the world if someone unknowingly steps to the plate with a U-trip stick in ASA. Tell them its not ASA approved and 99% of the time they will put it down. Had this happen 2 weeks ago with a Synergy 2. People are acting like the offender should be kicked out of softball forever. LULZ

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
and I still don't consider it cheating if the guy had no idea. Using painted or shaved sticks = CHEATING. U-trip in ASA = probably clueless.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
keep calling them out. feathers get ruffled and people think you're an ass but if they really don't know they need to be told. if someone really needs to hit a homerun to feel good, take your glass to a little league field, get some 525 comp balls and take some bp. all the homeruns you need and no one will have to think about your glass after it shatters