Softball Fans FireFlex SMU

Country469

Its the rareness that makes it valuable, limit supply and you increase demand. There is a reason its an exclusive and not a main line bat. You can disagree all you want, I've been in this bidness for a while now.

Country469

Yes. EL bats sell better. Its just a thing now. Not saying they are better but they sell better in general.

It seems contradictory to control the production of something so you can control the price? Ever heard of oil?

sscroggin

Yada Yada Yada
Most of the Easton's this year look like a 7 year old designed them. They should be ashamed of the bubba club. That is just an embarrassing design, I've taken dumps that look better. Clean and distinguishable, it's 2018 not 1990. I would go with red barrel with yellow & orange lettering with a yellow handle if fire is your theme. I like SunFire Flex.

Country469

Say there is a demand for 1000 of these bats annually. If only 500 are made, the price stays sky high, especially with only one vendor. If multiple vendors or companies make them, they have to lower prices or offer some other kind of value to compete and sell more. All of a sudden margins go down.

D-ROCK13

Half of the "end loaded" bats on the market aren't actually end loaded or are just enough to advertise that way. It's all about what sells and for the majority of the softball world, end load or at least the terminology sells a ton of bats.

kvander

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll agree to disagree.

Just saying that if you line up all of the current models right now and post the same price, I bet a CA FF is gone in seconds.

Not talking about my preference, I'm talking about what would sell.

I think the balanced Fireflex is more of a supply issue. There weren't many made, so they are pretty scarce. It doesn't necessary mean the demand is greater for bal vs el

chad783

Addicted to Softballfans
The Canadian FF balanced and the Gold and Black FF balanced have sold out very quickly and that is why you see them selling on social media groups for $350+. The endloaded market is over saturated because there are many different versions available. Barrel sizes with different endloads have many variations. With a balanced bat, you have a 13.5 and 14 inch balanced bat out in the market already. My suggestion would be to find a certain niche in the market and go with that. If there isn't a 12.5 barrel with a 2 oz endload and people want it, then sell that. If there is a 12.5 balanced market out there, then sell that. Just don't sell something that is already out there.

Country469

Just say "I want a 12.5 balanced bat" rather than make **** up about sales guys. Either site some stats or just ask for what you want. No wonder half this site works hourly jobs and pays for bats on credit cards.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll agree to disagree.

Just saying that if you line up all of the current models right now and post the same price, I bet a CA FF is gone in seconds.

Not talking about my preference, I'm talking about what would sell.
You can't compare am exclusive from a foreign country to a main line widely available bat. That's insane.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Canadian FF balanced and the Gold and Black FF balanced have sold out very quickly and that is why you see them selling on social media groups for $350+. The endloaded market is over saturated because there are many different versions available. Barrel sizes with different endloads have many variations. With a balanced bat, you have a 13.5 and 14 inch balanced bat out in the market already. My suggestion would be to find a certain niche in the market and go with that. If there isn't a 12.5 barrel with a 2 oz endload and people want it, then sell that. If there is a 12.5 balanced market out there, then sell that. Just don't sell something that is already out there.
To be clear, I liked this post because you pointed out that one of the exclusives mentioned earlier as flooding the market with endloaded bats is actually a big barrel balanced bat.

jhsfive

Outstanding Mutha****er
You can't compare am exclusive from a foreign country to a main line widely available bat. That's insane.

Why not? It’s more a specs thing. Let’s no act like the bats just selling cause it’s from Canada... bats from there fizzle, too. Remember the miken Ca psycho? Same as Freak black maxload and it fizzled cause folks realized they could just get a freak black Ml or freak pt ml.

It’s like 4/1 EL to Bal offerings currently. Just saying.

LaserArm

Addicted to Softballfans
Inferno - Barrel all realistic fire then tips of fire form to spell out "Inferno"

12" Barrel 3/4 oz endload

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why not? It’s more a specs thing. Let’s no act like the bats just selling cause it’s from Canada... bats from there fizzle, too. Remember the miken Ca psycho? Same as Freak black maxload and it fizzled cause folks realized they could just get a freak black Ml or freak pt ml.

It’s like 4/1 EL to Bal offerings currently. Just saying.
But it's not. You're making my point. When there's a bunch of them nobody but them. The only reason people are buying is because they're rare. There's a reason the baker was the last bat to sell out everywhere last year.

Last edited:

stillballin

The Veteran
I would buy a new bat based on how it preforms for me... that's why I like this forum and the ability to trade bats and find out which ones actually I hit well with... also to communicate with others on performance... How many people actually liked the Miken HB or see it at tournaments or in play... a 12" balanced bat seems like it would be awkward to swing and get some power behind your hits... I do see several exclusives from other stores at the fields and imo that is what creates a buzz and makes people want to buy and try them out...
just my 2 cents...
btw still in favor of a nice endloaded bat

phoenix26

<font color="#228B22">SBF Fund Donor</font>
Like the grenade idea as well. Honeycomb would be unique too.

Matte black with a the SBF “S” logo in the same green the website uses.

Thought it would be cool to incorporate fire into the design since it is the “Fire Flex” and hot is a common term for a good game-ready bat. Perhaps you could make some subliminated flame design in a gloss color or black?

Would LOVE to see 30 Oz as an option.

Unfortunately the 30oz options are slowly going away.
Saw an ad from another site showing 6 new bats coming out
and the heaviest weight was 27.5

Hiltz

Built for comfort

Foreign country, lol. I feel so exotic.

It fizzled... after thousands were bought (at full retail) and hoarded by people just because they thought they were special. I still see them on clearance racks up here, btw.

mike leonard

Addicted to Softballfans
I vote for 12.5 and 1 oz endload. The Helmer Blue I have feels almost balanced with 1 oz endload. As far as name how about SBF Criminal Flex, or Sharknado Flex?

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Facts are abundantly clear in this argument. EL's outsell balanced now by a good margin. Lighter bats outsell the heavier one's by a huge margin. Rare bats with a lot of demand will obtain premium pricing.

We are trying not to put out what everyone else has done but it is difficult to come up with uniqueness this day and age. I think the concept we are doing with the weighting within a singular model will be unique and will satisfy end users of endload and balanced models.

More to come.

superfli18

Addicted to Softballfans
I vote for 12.5 with a solid 1 oz EL. I also have blue line and dont feel EL is pronounced enough. More of a 0.5 EL feel. Also as a thought. What about 0.5 oz weighting options? I personally love a 27.5oz with a 1oz EL. My opinion.