Some Advance Swinging Bunt Details

Crash1207

The BUNT Guy
I've had a lot of questions lately about this year's Bunt so I'm going to go ahead and share some details ahead of the "official" thread that will go live later this month.

1. The dates are officially set as April 26-28.

2. Starting this year, every team will have ONE Friday night game so please make your travel arrangements accordingly. Yes, I know some people will whine and complain about this but the fact is, we've gotten too big and in order to give everyone the amount of games we promise and keep the schedule manageable, this has to happen.

3. There is no date set yet for registration.

4. Registration will be somewhat different this year.

a) Everyone who played last year will have a 2 day window to register before registration goes live to the public. So if you played last year, you have priority to register this year.

b) Registrations that come in with no payment will be automatically deleted. I'm done chasing people down. Payments are made via PayPal. You have at least 2 months to get that set up or figure out who will pay for you. Get it figured out.

5. The cost will go up slightly this year. The cost of the facilities have gone up, cost of umpires have gone up, and we're being forced to purchase liability insurance this year.

6. We will be using the NSA bat list this year since (to my knowledge) it hasn't adopted new standards yet.

I think that covers some of the major things everyone needs to know right now. Obviously once we have the official thread, more discussion and announcements will be made there.

Crash1207

The BUNT Guy
Liability insurance? Its not like somebody's gonna break their wrist.

What am I going to do? Sue myself? :)

Evidently the park district has decided that the liability waiver that we have everyone sign is not good enough. It's not just us though. They are making every tournament purchase insurance starting this year.

LetsgetCrazy

Smack Talkin' Pitcher
They made us do that at a park back home. I just had a friend, who owned his own business get a "certificate of coverage" (I think that is what it was called) for the weekend. His insurance guy only charged him $100.

jshell73

Far from Normal
Sure but that's another hundo out of tourney fees(for normal tournaments) and in this case it's a hundred that would normally go to charity.

rwatson

Addicted to Softballfans
What if I signed up last year, Payed, but had someone play in my spot? I take it I would still be allowed to sign up with the players from last year?

LetsgetCrazy

Smack Talkin' Pitcher
My favorite capt!!!! Plus my GF loves when Belly and I are on the same team, especially when he aggravates the crap out of her when he's sloshed. :D

jhob54

who cares
cant wait I have not played since last years bunt. Be a good test for my elbow. If I can get through the weekend pain free should be good for the summer.

shadylady8

^^^ Bunt 4 Life
I think you had issues both nights last year!

I am pretty sure you were sweating vodka Sunday morning.

:D

Yea... well... I still made it back Sunday to play unlike some people :)

If I don't remember it... it didn't happen right?