staying hydrated

how do you guys stay hydrated during games? For me its Vitamin Water as it provides a little extra that water doesn't.

chazerous

emergen-c electro-mix every morning to always keep me hydrated, and plenty of water. No sugars or sodium in the E-mergency so you get true electrolytes without the extra sugars and sodium from the "sports drinks".

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Water. Nuff said

This^^^^^^^^^^

Sometimes I like to mix it up though, I'll fill a Nalgene bottle to take with me, other times pre-packaged water bottles, I buy it from the concession stand when I'm feeling like a boss, and when I want to get crazy with the cheese whiz I go straight from the fountain. It's really about finding what you're most comfortable wit........ I'm really damn bored

I will say I wish Nalgene made a 20oz bottle to fit my bottle sleeves. I like Nalgene cause they are made in USA, chinese bottles are not acceptable solutions.

Pete D

Addicted to Softballfans
If you can find it Pocari Sweat <> very informative website - especially if you think water works go to the website and read up......

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
That's incredible! The website selling the product told me all the reasons it's amazing for me and why I need it.I can't believe we ever survived for thousands of years before Peepee Sweat was created to save us from dehydration. I can't believe nobody stateside thought of this first, like down in gator country where people sweat a lot. I wonder what people did before this, they probably drank a lot of water and craved salt, bet they wished they had salt in a tablet form to take with water when they were sweating more than usual....

On a serious note, low cal Gatorade and diet tonic water mixed 50/50 is a good way to head off cramps. Tasty too, can mix the rest of the tonic water with some tanqueray for a nice nightcap.

Pete D

Addicted to Softballfans
That's incredible! The website selling the product told me all the reasons it's amazing for me and why I need it.I can't believe we ever survived for thousands of years before Peepee Sweat was created to save us from dehydration. I can't believe nobody stateside thought of this first, like down in gator country where people sweat a lot. I wonder what people did before this, they probably drank a lot of water and craved salt, bet they wished they had salt in a tablet form to take with water when they were sweating more than usual....

On a serious note, low cal Gatorade and diet tonic water mixed 50/50 is a good way to head off cramps. Tasty too, can mix the rest of the tonic water with some tanqueray for a nice nightcap.

Tangueray? - bet you're reading it right off the bottle now - nasty stuff - Bacardi or Jose Cuervo = deal !!!!!

Next time READ the website - good info with or without the use of their product. That's why I referred to the guys that think water is the answer. Most runners & triathletes found it better than Gatorade. Can't get much purer than H2O but sometimes not enough....

I'm not sure that you can get the product in the USA but the athletes competing here from the US use this product so the information & science is solid despite the swinging ambivalent clairvoyance of your style. It was the information I was trying to get out.

Salt tabs did work too but some had health problems with it. Gatorade for me is better when mixed with water as it tends to unsettle my stomach - but this other stuff works well without having to dilute it. Here it was 104'f with 99% humidity when we last played (rained on the way home) so I'm looking for the best thing for me to use. I also grab a bag of Lays potato chips (lots of flavors here - much more than we have in the US) and munch on a few during the game to grab some salt.

NO David & Sons Sunflower seeds here so far.

Playing with/against the college teams I need every edge I can get........

Last edited:

Luda1468

Addicted to Softballfans
emergen-c electro-mix every morning to always keep me hydrated, and plenty of water. No sugars or sodium in the E-mergency so you get true electrolytes without the extra sugars and sodium from the "sports drinks".

This is also what I like to bring with me stuff isn't all that bad tasting and a ton of vitamin C and electrolytes

I see a lot of you guys mentioning pickle juice. Is it something with the brine that doesn't cause water loss in muscles?

PHXCobra

Addicted to Softballfans

Did you miss the warning that Diet Tonic water is a carcinogen? That stuff will literally kill you. Get regular tonic water

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Tangueray? - bet you're reading it right off the bottle now - nasty stuff - Bacardi or Jose Cuervo = deal !!!!!

Next time READ the website - good info with or without the use of their product. That's why I referred to the guys that think water is the answer. Most runners & triathletes found it better than Gatorade. Can't get much purer than H2O but sometimes not enough....

I'm not sure that you can get the product in the USA but the athletes competing here from the US use this product so the information & science is solid despite the swinging ambivalent clairvoyance of your style. It was the information I was trying to get out.

Salt tabs did work too but some had health problems with it. Gatorade for me is better when mixed with water as it tends to unsettle my stomach - but this other stuff works well without having to dilute it. Here it was 104'f with 99% humidity when we last played (rained on the way home) so I'm looking for the best thing for me to use. I also grab a bag of Lays potato chips (lots of flavors here - much more than we have in the US) and munch on a few during the game to grab some salt.

NO David & Sons Sunflower seeds here so far.

Playing with/against the college teams I need every edge I can get........

I was mostly being a smartass, looks like good stuff and some good info in your post here^.

Did you miss the warning that Diet Tonic water is a carcinogen? That stuff will literally kill you. Get regular tonic water

Yes, yes I did miss that. Thank you, I will make the switch to regular. Thing I am going for with the tonic water is quinine, helps with cramps.

jf2k4

<font color="#3300FF">Outstanding Good Dealer</fon
I eat a lot of fruit.

Once I'm playing I'm having a beer.

softballin101

Addicted to Softballfans
Yall beat me to it, I was going to say coconut water because of the potassium. I'm not really into water, I will take a bottle of gatorade if I get thirsty.