Buyer Beware Stewae58 Stewart Reiner is a Crook Buyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

slightrattle

OG COMbatant
since your opinion is mute at this point, why waste the time to type it

Seriously? You have some sort of mad stance in your posts, and I can respect that. But I don't tag along ripping your opinions when I don't agree with something you posted. What makes you think that your opinion is more valuable than mine? Really? Why are you attacking me when I've never even talked to you before.

BTW, it's "moot", not "mute".

siding88

PROFESSIONAL BOOB WATCHER
Seriously? You have some sort of mad stance in your posts, and I can respect that. But I don't tag along ripping your opinions when I don't agree with something you posted. What makes you think that your opinion is more valuable than mine? Really? Why are you attacking me when I've never even talked to you before.

BTW, it's "moot", not "mute".

you typed all that out, yet everything you said had been established, think about it,,,,,,

InfiniteSB1

Banned User
I have been told, 'Need Help' and 'Buyer Beware' threads can be created here as long as there is proof of what the accusation is.

Trust me I have proof. Enough proof that it's ridiculous that the chargeback was granted back to the buyer.

InfiniteSB1

Banned User
I should have posted what happened anf left ebay out of it. It's the same result. This guy is going to do this again and it's likely it will happen on a site like this because he's going to run out of options on ebay,

What this guy did could be done to several members on here and this guy will be long gone with bats and money back in hand.

As I found out it is very easy to get your credit card company to side with you on a transaction. Is everyone aware that you are not covered under paypal's seller protection policy for items valued at $250.00 or more unless you have signature confirmation? And I don't mean signing for insured items over $200. I mean you literally have to have paid for and requested signature confirmation on transactions $250 or more. If you don't paypal will not fight the claim against the credit card company for you. This means at any time you sell a bat for $250 or more and don't have signature confirmation you are at high risk and if a charge back is filed you're screwed.

Also if you send to an unconfirmed address you are not covered under paypal seller protection and again if a charge back is filed you're done.

Paypal is going to find every way possible to save the $2000+ it costs them to file a counter claim on a charge back. That's what this guy did he used the system and found ways around the policies. He asked for an alternate address and he faxed paypal information proving he didn't sign a signature confirmation form. Hell I even found the actual form he did sign because of being insured for $200.00 or more and paypal rejected that. If you fall into the same trap it might be for a whole lot more than $290.00 and a bat it cost me.

The guys against this thread and think it should be deleted are simply overlooking what happened here. All they see is ebay this and ebay that. I could have easily left ebay out of it but chose not to because that is where it actually happened and I predict it will happen here. Take it for what it is and quit squabling over where it happened.

AJ22

Super Moderator
The guys against this thread and think it should be deleted are simply overlooking what happened here. All they see is ebay this and ebay that. I could have easily left ebay out of it but chose not to because that is where it actually happened and I predict it will happen here. Take it for what it is and quit squabling over where it happened.

I appreciate all the information in the previous post .. I will use it in the future.

I have to say one thing that hurts your case here. We are not bigger than paypal or your credit card company .. and both ruled in the favor of your buyer. How can we not as well ? I mean, your Buyer's claim had to be you sold him an item not as described .. but the bat broke in a few swings (1 according to your Buyer) ? I'd be upset as well.

Its not that I don't believe you .. but our ways and our unwritten rules at this site do not apply at other sites. 'You swing it, you own it' does not clear the Seller all the time at other sites.

I posted this earlier and I still don't understand why a compromise couldn't have been made as you really didn't pay $290 for the Flex did you ? If you did, you got your use out of it correct ?

On a side note .. if the bat broke in a swing (truthfully, maybe ?), the buyer would own it. However, if I was the seller, I would have made every attempt to resolve the issue before it ever esculated into any form of a claim. I guess losing half of the cost of the bat (in this case $145) means my reputation stays clean and morally, I wouldn't feel right about selling something USED that broke that quickly. Call me a pushover, but its also called KARMA.

AJ22

Super Moderator
Once again, unwritten rules need to be wrote down and made gospel.

Especially when they don't apply in all cases at other sites ... :confused:

I understand what you are saying here and actually agree, but you really did not add anything to this thread and whether this thread should or shouldn't exist.

Your post is for another thread .. :D

Joker

I should have posted what happened anf left ebay out of it. It's the same result. This guy is going to do this again and it's likely it will happen on a site like this because he's going to run out of options on ebay,

What this guy did could be done to several members on here and this guy will be long gone with bats and money back in hand.

As I found out it is very easy to get your credit card company to side with you on a transaction. Is everyone aware that you are not covered under paypal's seller protection policy for items valued at $250.00 or more unless you have signature confirmation? And I don't mean signing for insured items over $200. I mean you literally have to have paid for and requested signature confirmation on transactions $250 or more. If you don't paypal will not fight the claim against the credit card company for you. This means at any time you sell a bat for $250 or more and don't have signature confirmation you are at high risk and if a charge back is filed you're screwed.

Also if you send to an unconfirmed address you are not covered under paypal seller protection and again if a charge back is filed you're done.

Paypal is going to find every way possible to save the $2000+ it costs them to file a counter claim on a charge back. That's what this guy did he used the system and found ways around the policies. He asked for an alternate address and he faxed paypal information proving he didn't sign a signature confirmation form. Hell I even found the actual form he did sign because of being insured for $200.00 or more and paypal rejected that. If you fall into the same trap it might be for a whole lot more than $290.00 and a bat it cost me.

so you would leave the ebay part out and make people think this was a deal done here when it wasn't? and how could you have left ebay out when he used ebay policy to try and get his money back?

also what makes you think he's going to do it here next? show us where he's actively dealing on this site? he has 2 posts from about 8 months ago.

drewinmonte

addicted to sbf
Just about a month ago, we had an issue with tbagger23. If people would of posted up that he had bad deals on another forum we wouldn't of had the mess where he tried to rip off 10 board bros on sbf. So I think if you know there is a shady person that is on here you should put him or her on blast. Why not help avoid an ugly situation and the mods on sbf helped take care of the problem with tbagger23 so i think they do a good job and are gtg in my book.

siding88

I appreciate all the information in the previous post .. I will use it in the future.

I have to say one thing that hurts your case here. We are not bigger than paypal or your credit card company .. and both ruled in the favor of your buyer. How can we not as well ? I mean, your Buyer's claim had to be you sold him an item not as described .. but the bat broke in a few swings (1 according to your Buyer) ? I'd be upset as well.

Its not that I don't believe you .. but our ways and our unwritten rules at this site do not apply at other sites. 'You swing it, you own it' does not clear the Seller all the time at other sites.

I posted this earlier and I still don't understand why a compromise couldn't have been made as you really didn't pay $290 for the Flex did you ? If you did, you got your use out of it correct ?

what sucks for the guy even though they ruled against him, is he never recieved his bat back, now the guy can get a reciept and return the bat , pretty sure this guy knew what he was doing and succeded

siding88

so you would leave the ebay part out and make people think this was a deal done here when it wasn't? and how could you have left ebay out when he used ebay policy to try and get his money back?

also what makes you think he's going to do it here next? show us where he's actively dealing on this site? he has 2 posts from about 8 months ago.

we all know how easy it is to make a dupe account

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
Didn't paypal at first rule in favor of the seller? It wasn't until the charge back from the CC company that paypal reversed course. That's where the "gaming of the system" began imo.

InfiniteSB1

Banned User
Didn't paypal at first rule in favor of the seller? It wasn't until the charge back from the CC company that paypal reversed course. That's where the "gaming of the system" began imo.

Exactly correct sir. Ebay and paypal both ruled in my favor. It's the credit card company that forced the issue and ultimately ruled in favor of the buyer.

siding88

Exactly correct sir. Ebay and paypal both ruled in my favor. It's the credit card company that forced the issue and ultimately ruled in favor of the buyer.

like i said, you need to put the hammer on the CC company to get your bat back, i dont see how they give his money back to him and let him keep the product

ENVY

This fool better not ever comment on a ****ing thing I ever say on here, this dude is the biggest "JOKE" all pun intended. And then seems to be the intrawebz tough guys while he couldn't hit a watermelon with a boat ore, and has the nerve to try and bash everyone here. JOKER, stay your non playing arse in the world of warcraft section and leave softball to us PEOPLE that actually play!!!!!

And I love how he keeps looking at the camera, DUDE is a real clown...

DB!!!!!!!!!!!

InfiniteSB1

Banned User

I get what you're saying but how do I know it was only a few swings? Am I supposed to take his word on that? He notified me over a week after receiving the bat. Was it 1 hit 200 hits 1000 hits who knows? Did he alter it? What balls was he hitting were they 50 cor rocks? How cold was it was it 30 degrees when he swung it? What I paid for a bat or got use out of is irrelavant. What if this had happened with a NIW bat?

Paypal did agree with my case and ruled in my favor. It's the credit card company that made the decision. Believe me this applies to any paypal transaction on any site. If you get a charge back filed against you and you don't have your ducks in a row you can kiss your bat(s) and the money goodbye. And what's sad is even if you do have everything that meets policy with paypal you are still at the mercy of the credit card company.

InfiniteSB1

Banned User

InfiniteSB1

Banned User

Doesn't matter where the deal was done. Ebay policy had absolutely no relevance in the case between me the buyer and his credit card company that's what you don't get.

How many accounts do shady people create? I could give 2 ##### what his SBF name is. I'm concerned with his real name and what he can potentially do to anyone on any site.

Do you wake up every morning hoping to argue? My god you really are annoying as ****.

Last edited by a moderator:

InfiniteSB1

Banned User
This fool better not ever comment on a ****ing thing I ever say on here, this dude is the biggest "JOKE" all pun intended. And then seems to be the intrawebz tough guys while he couldn't hit a watermelon with a boat ore, and has the nerve to try and bash everyone here. JOKER, stay your non playing arse in the world of warcraft section and leave softball to us PEOPLE that actually play!!!!!

And I love how he keeps looking at the camera, DUDE is a real clown...

DB!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on now....he did get a hold of a couple that could have easily made it difficult for the shortstop to get to in shallow left center!!!!

ENVY

In all actuality all you have to do is get your bank involved that your PP account is attached to. They will stop payment to him and fight the process out for you. Damn...

InfiniteSB1

Banned User
In all actuality all you have to do is get your bank involved that your PP account is attached to. They will stop payment to him and fight the process out for you. Damn...

I will look into that. Good idea. My concern tho is that paypal took the money from me and didn't give the money directly back to the buyer. The money went back to CC company who then reimbursed him.

Joker

I sold a used returnable Easton Flex on ebay to Stewart Reiner ebay name: Stewae58 and SBF Stewae58.

He bought the bat and said he had moved from his current address and asked for the bat to be shipped to his current residence. Which I did. He then proceeded to ask if the bat was in the condition I stated to be used but no major damage cracks etc......He also said he had bought bats like this before and they had broken on him and didn't want that to happen here. So I told him all bats are unpredictable even new bats. Any bat could break in ?? swings or thousands of swings there are no guarantees. He agreed to that and bought the bat. He paid using paypal through ebay and I sent off the bat to him.

He got the bat as stated and signed for it with USPS. A week later he sends me an email and said he used the bat and in 1 swing it broke and he wanted to send the bat back to me or refund him his money. I asked him did you use the bat? He replied again and said yes he used it. so I told him I was sorry but once a bat is received in the condition stated and then used that there is nothing I can do. He obviously disagreed and that was the end of it for the time being.

So a day or 2 later I get a notice from ebay with a claim against me from the buyer. So I state my case to ebay with all the evidence and they close the case in a matter of hours in my favor. So I think thats the end of it right? Well a couple weeks later I get another claim against me this time through paypal as a charge back with his credit card company. So again I provide 5 pages of documentaion to paypal to submit to the credit card company explaining the ebay situation and that the case was closed bats have to be returned to manufacturer for warranty etc.....

Well 2 months later paypal sends me a notice that I lost the case and they refund the buyer his money. Not only did they refund his money he still has the bat and will not reply to me ebay or paypal to get it back. Because the deceision was made by his credit card company paypal and ebay have no control over it they say.

So now I'm out $290.00 and a bat and can't do a thing about it!!!!

I realize this is an ebay deal but he is active on this site and don't want anyone to go through what I went through.

Doesn't matter where the deal was done. Ebay policy had absolutely no relevance in the case between me the buyer and his credit card company that's what you don't get.

How many accounts do shady people create? I could give 2 ##### what his SBF name is. I'm concerned with his real name and what he can potentially do to anyone on any site.

Do you wake up every morning hoping to argue? My god you really are annoying as ####.

then why did you mention it?

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
Here is the way I see it, right now AJ is right and so is Joker. The site is ever changing and not always for the better because we have far more issues with bad deals on this site that every before but that comes with the site growing every single day. Problem here is the unwritten rule has always been what take place on other sites means nothing here. All feedback good and bad on this site is earned here and nowhere else.

Apparently, recently that unwritten rule has been amended but it's not completely clear to everyone as to exactly how it is written or conceived by this site and all the members. My understanding of the amended rule is a person can come on here requesting help with a bad deal that went awry form another but not allowed to leave NGTG or BB feedback.

DISCLAIMER: EVERYTHING SAID BELOW IS BEING SPOKEN AS A MEMBER OF THIS SITE WHICH I AM FIRST AND FOREMOST. I AM A MOD OF THIS SITE BUT ALSO A MEMBER AND ENTITLED TO MY OPINION AS SUCH.

I see the peoples point on how we need to look out for members of this site and how they would want to warn others of what happened outside of this site but other sites don't operate under the rules we adhere to.. For example we don't allow the sales of bats that were rolled or shaved on this site many other sites including EBAY do allow this. We know nothing about this deal except what the OP told us and how do we know this bat that was sold adhered to our selling policies? If the bat was shaved or rolled then how can we back a member who feels he was screwed over by another EBAY member for something that didn't take place here. I'm not saying that anything was done to the bat but unless we know all the details of this bat then how can we allow what is ultimately feedback for a member of this site I would personally like to see this selling thread so we have all the facts of this case...

siding88

Here is the way I see it, right now AJ is right and so is Joker. The site is ever changing and not always for the better because we have far more issues with bad deals on this site that every before but that comes with the site growing every single day. Problem here is the unwritten rule has always been what take place on other sites means nothing here. All feedback good and bad on this site is earned here and nowhere else.

Apparently, recently that unwritten rule has been amended but it's not completely clear to everyone as to exactly how it is written or conceived by this site and all the members. My understanding of the amended rule is a person can come on here requesting help with a bad deal that went awry form another but not allowed to leave NGTG or BB feedback.

DISCLAIMER: EVERYTHING SAID BELOW IS BEING SPOKEN AS A MEMBER OF THIS SITE WHICH I AM FIRST AND FOREMOST. I AM A MOD OF THIS SITE BUT ALSO A MEMBER AND ENTITLED TO MY OPINION AS SUCH.

I see the peoples point on how we need to look out for members of this site and how they would want to warn others of what happened outside of this site but other sites don't operate under the rules we adhere to.. For example we don't allow the sales of bats that were rolled or shaved on this site many other sites including EBAY do allow this. We know nothing about this deal except what the OP told us and how do we know this bat that was sold adhered to our selling policies? If the bat was shaved or rolled then how can we back a member who feels he was screwed over by another EBAY member for something that didn't take place here. I'm not saying that anything was done to the bat but unless we know all the details of this bat then how can we allow what is ultimately feedback for a member of this site I would personally like to see this selling thread so we have all the facts of this case...

the whole point is the guy DOESNT HAVE HIS BAT BACK, nothing else matters, no bat no money, do you not see a problem with this

Status
Not open for further replies.