STL Thread/ Off Season/ Wanna talk about Playoffs?

Woody54

Coach
Chad another 1-2 more BP sessions and I think that B1 will be gtg I believe I have 3-4 525's at the house if so I'll bring them today.

Woody54

Coach
I didn't care for the dual stamp z4 myself Robb's has one and tried it 1 time at the forest park snowball but then again I'm not a Louisville Z fan either though but surprised the softball associations allowed them to put that finish on the barrels IMO its like having a **** ton of spray tac on the barrel causing (or seems to cause different affects) to how the ball comes off the barrel.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
I didn't care for the dual stamp z4 myself Robb's has one and tried it 1 time at the forest park snowball but then again I'm not a Louisville Z fan either though but surprised the softball associations allowed them to put that finish on the barrels IMO its like having a **** ton of spray tac on the barrel causing (or seems to cause different affects) to how the ball comes off the barrel.

It's been done before. Mizuno did it on the Blur.

Anybody remember Greg swinging that shaved Blur in a scrimmage game at Fenton?

Last edited:

Tmcallister

Star Player
Playing in a NIT this weekend.. Will be our first time... Seems like some pretty cool rules!!!

Ya we just played a gsl tourney in Columbus
It was fun

Dhh can hit bombs anytime and depending what class ur playing u may get other team hrs

High scoring games
It was def fun

AmishFusion

Addicted to Softballfans
Ya we just played a gsl tourney in Columbus
It was fun

Dhh can hit bombs anytime and depending what class ur playing u may get other team hrs

High scoring games
It was def fun

We are playing c. How do you get the other teams homeruns? And where did yall put your DHH in the lineup?

Cruel33

Addicted to Softballfans
I like Mark personally, but he has needed to put money back into the park for years. Nobody expects it to be BMAC or O'Fallon quality, but I see no reason why it can't be Gordie Mac quality considering that park is also privately owned. When it was rolling it had a great softball atmosphere. It's really sad to see Worth Bats that low. My first time playing in it the championship game was relatively late Sunday if I remember correctly.

If he just pulled the turf up and put it back to the **** hole it was for many years before that I believe people would return. Fenton and bmac are easily nicer in every aspect yet teams played at sun valley for many years until he laid that horrible turf down.

pjordan4477

Hashtag a hashtag
Honestly, the seems are flattened out now. Its weird that there are two differnt kinds of turf sewn togehter, but it plays like an uneven dirt field.

The issue is the mud moat behind the field. If it were me, I'd till the and drag it into the OF, since on nearly all the fields it's higher than the OF grass in elevation.

Then I'd shut one field down for a month and sod it (as I heard he was planning on), per haps 2 fields even....but atleast if he would drag it to the OF so it's slopped the water would run off more.

Last edited:

Woody54

Coach
It's not 2 different turf it's the same exact turf just like laying carpet it's called quarter turning (basically shortcut for less material to be used) but doing this causes the seems to be noticeable because of the nap of carpet/turf are running 2 different directions side by side

doublebagel

Manager
It's not 2 different turf it's the same exact turf just like laying carpet it's called quarter turning (basically shortcut for less material to be used) but doing this causes the seems to be noticeable because of the nap of carpet/turf are running 2 different directions side by side

and its USED football turf from the university of tulsa so it probably has some wear spots which make it look different.

Woody54

Coach
That two but quarter turning carpet or turf will cause the effect of the material to look totally different where the seams are at because of the way the nap of material (turf) is run your suspose to run turf/carpet the same direction not multi directions in same area.. Only know this because of my old job as a flooring salesman

doublebagel

Manager
That two but quarter turning carpet or turf will cause the effect of the material to look totally different where the seams are at because of the way the nap of material (turf) is run your suspose to run turf/carpet the same direction not multi directions in same area.. Only know this because of my old job as a flooring salesman

I was about to say, look at you with all this carpet laying lingo.

Woody54

Coach
If any of you lads need flooring knowledge holler at your boy I'll fill anyone one on product installing questions.. Well expect for those st chuck money fellas I'll charge you folks since you guys have that big time $$$ lol Jk

bojangles

Addicted to Softballfans
jhpsa9.jpg

pjordan4477

Hashtag a hashtag
On the blue filed, there is some curly turf while the rest is grass style (perm versus straight), thats not the same turf you'd find on a football field. It's also not all from the same football field, as I heard Mark telling Sal about the shipping issues and the guy that sold him the stuff piecing it together from different places. perhaps I miss understood and the turf was shipped incorrectly and then shipped to Mark from two different places.

This was at the Jokers tourney.

Woody54

Coach
Notice all those $20's (that's a lot of lap dances at the club) why only 1 $100 bill though? I do like the Fro Roach is that your long lost brother? Lol

If any of you lads need flooring knowledge holler at your boy I'll fill anyone one on product installing questions.. Well expect for those st chuck money fellas I'll charge you folks since you guys have that big time $$$ lol Jk

I'll just ask my wife. She's been working in the flooring industry for almost 9 years. ;)

Hoodrats84

HRO Hero
On the blue filed, there is some curly turf while the rest is grass style (perm versus straight), thats not the same turf you'd find on a football field. It's also not all from the same football field, as I heard Mark telling Sal about the shipping issues and the guy that sold him the stuff piecing it together from different places. perhaps I miss understood and the turf was shipped incorrectly and then shipped to Mark from two different places.

This was at the Jokers tourney.

Red and blue are a lot worse than green and yellow, I believe red was the last one finished, it seems there were a few pieces on it that were a different type/thickness/knapp than the rest.

Woody54

Coach
Sucks having to go 1/2 way in river des Peres to get 1 stadium ball but needless to say there was 7 in the river lol 5 classic M's 1 11" and 1 stadium.. That B1 is starting to open up nicely. Considering the cross wind was surprised Chad and me hit any out. But man those stadiums sure were fun to hit ESP the one that went way into the river would like to see what it would of went with my sy100 lol

jsam21238

Addicted to Softballfans
Well... It is official. I've got my first head coaching gig. I'll be running the Manchester 208 AA team.