STL Thread/ Off Season/ Wanna talk about Playoffs?

joker47

Addicted to Softballfans
The tournament will be pushed to sunday. And our infielders would like to play the entire season, not have broken bones from "the turf". Lol. Troy is actually decent now with the tarps, they just need to convert that baseball field to a softball field and it would be perfect! Then, of course, get gund fired and never let the POS be associated with softball ever again! Dude probably cant even throw a softball 10'!

That baseball field is only big enough for little league.. They'd have to bring in a 1,000 truck loads of dirt to make that outfield bigger.. Or just build a 40ft fence I guess

cjs_82

Addicted to Softballfans
That baseball field is only big enough for little league.. They'd have to bring in a 1,000 truck loads of dirt to make that outfield bigger.. Or just build a 40ft fence I guess

Don't even need lights. Just some dirt, grading and a fence. Wouldn't cost that much at all. They would rake it in the long run. As it sits now, the fences would be about 275, so they really just need to back the leveled area up about 25' and throw up a fence! Im sure half thr players would help her do it all!

Hoodrats84

HRO Hero
Learn some bat control big fella... If not come up to gold I'm sure the gold teams won't mind... FYI if the fields are dry the 2nd hop with the 52's will be bad just a heads up...

In all seriousness yes the fields will play a big part in teams having very few ieo's there.
I don't hit 295' IEO, I end innings in style w 330-350 footers, I'm talking about your leadoff/place hitter/little guys that don't hit HR's anywhere else plugging a gap with what would be a 1-2 hopper anywhere else that goes out for a leadoff ieo.

I've played in Chatham 7 times in 2 years, seen 1 HR.
Just depends on what field, as much as the wind knocks balls down on some of the fields it blows them out on others.

This is what happens when $99 Easton swingers hit $400 bats. You could buy enough L2's/B1/B2/L5's etc to last you til they change stamps again or you retire for what one of those Z's cost

pjordan4477

Hashtag a hashtag
Don't even need lights. Just some dirt, grading and a fence. Wouldn't cost that much at all. They would rake it in the long run. As it sits now, the fences would be about 275, so they really just need to back the leveled area up about 25' and throw up a fence! Im sure half thr players would help her do it all!

If they moved Field three back to connect to the North field (I guess its north, lol) like the two fields connect now, They'd have all the distance they need. Then just fence it.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
This is what happens when $99 Easton swingers hit $400 bats. You could buy enough L2's/B1/B2/L5's etc to last you til they change stamps again or you retire for what one of those Z's cost

The $99 Eastons have definitely spoiled me to the point of no return lol. I haven't paid over $120 for a bat in probably 2 or 3 years....

cjs_82

Addicted to Softballfans
So how do u guys think the qualifiers should work? 12 teams in a silver wsq. 2 of them are gold. Both gold teams make it to the ship and take home the $1200. Do u think highest silver should get any cash or the points as if they finish 1st? Or should they get the 3rd place points? Some teams were pretty furious over it this weekend. We could care less, but just wondering how people think it should be in qualifier situations like that

STLof18

Manager
So how do u guys think the qualifiers should work? 12 teams in a silver wsq. 2 of them are gold. Both gold teams make it to the ship and take home the $1200. Do u think highest silver should get any cash or the points as if they finish 1st? Or should they get the 3rd place points? Some teams were pretty furious over it this weekend. We could care less, but just wondering how people think it should be in qualifier situations like that

I think highest silver should get the points and entry fee back

bojangles

Addicted to Softballfans

They paid out $1200 for a 12 team tournament?

cjs_82

Addicted to Softballfans
They paid out $1200 for a 12 team tournament?

There were 4 bronze teams also but they were separate and yes im 99% sure demo said like $750 and $400 or $700 and $450, i'll have to ask AMF what they ended up getting. We actually took 3rd and demo told us it was horse sh** that gund is letting the gold teams come in and take the points and money, we told him we didnt really care because we like the competition and we took a damn good gold team into the 7th tied up 20-20 and couldnt finish it off. That gold team went on to beat the other gold team 26-3 in 3 innings. So I we were all happy with our performance. I just think the highest silver should get the same points as if they wouldve won it all. Sounds like demo and the umps are about done with gund all together so it aint gonna get better. It was suggested that every team down this way call and/or email the national director to fill them in on gund's garbage. Probably not going to prove anything, but i know there was a lot of pissed off teams this weekend that are about done playing sanctioned ball in IL because of gund. It sux because everyone loves demo and he knows the game and knows what needs to be done, but gund wont give him any authority at all.

STLCoach

Nobiscum Deus
Morning everyone. Jokers/Honey Holes won the overnight. Outsiders took 2nd and STLAssault took 3rd.

I bet everyone in the top 3 slept in til 3pm Saturday afternoon?

mattroush22

Addicted to Softballfans
There were 4 bronze teams also but they were separate and yes im 99% sure demo said like $750 and $400 or $700 and $450, i'll have to ask AMF what they ended up getting. We actually took 3rd and demo told us it was horse sh** that gund is letting the gold teams come in and take the points and money, we told him we didnt really care because we like the competition and we took a damn good gold team into the 7th tied up 20-20 and couldnt finish it off. That gold team went on to beat the other gold team 26-3 in 3 innings. So I we were all happy with our performance. I just think the highest silver should get the same points as if they wouldve won it all. Sounds like demo and the umps are about done with gund all together so it aint gonna get better. It was suggested that every team down this way call and/or email the national director to fill them in on gund's garbage. Probably not going to prove anything, but i know there was a lot of pissed off teams this weekend that are about done playing sanctioned ball in IL because of gund. It sux because everyone loves demo and he knows the game and knows what needs to be done, but gund wont give him any authority at all.

Doesn't seem right. Normally when mix classes highest finishing in each class would be rewarded....

pjordan4477

Hashtag a hashtag

Who is this, non-caring, passive aggressive complaing CJ???

I miss the straight out b!tchfest CJ.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I emailed Mark Balven on Thursday to see about sending him a registration fee for my team and he has not replied. Anyone able to help me out? At this point idk how I'll get it to him without driving 2.5 hrs to take it to him so I can have my team registered in time for the tournament in JC this weekend. If I can even get in contact with him maybe he'll take it over the phone or something??

I emailed Mark Balven on Thursday to see about sending him a registration fee for my team and he has not replied. Anyone able to help me out? At this point idk how I'll get it to him without driving 2.5 hrs to take it to him so I can have my team registered in time for the tournament in JC this weekend. If I can even get in contact with him maybe he'll take it over the phone or something??

I usually get a hold of him through facebook.

bojangles

Addicted to Softballfans
Doesn't seem right. Normally when mix classes highest finishing in each class would be rewarded....

Not really...the grand slam doesnt reward the top finishing team in each class. I assume there was an equalizer of some type in Illinois so that is supposed to level the playing field

doublebagel

Manager

I send him an email AND FB him. They can take a CC for payment.

playing in jeff city?

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I reached him through FB. CC payment is about to go through.

Yeah, gonna throw together some guys and head down to get some games in. Dunno if we'll be any good or not.

pjordan4477

Hashtag a hashtag
Very positive weekend at the plate. This is our 5th ittereation of Giants this year, it’s also the team we are running with. Team chemistry will pick up defensively.

Game 1 we hit .618 with OBP .628
Game 2 we hit .684 with OBP .700
Game 3 we hit .577 with OBP .571

Very positive weekend at the plate. This is our 5th ittereation of Giants this year, it’s also the team we are running with. Team chemistry will pick up defensively.

Game 1 we hit .618 with OBP .628
Game 2 we hit .684 with OBP .700
Game 3 we hit .577 with OBP .571

How was your OBP less than your BA? Lots of sac flies?

ewety

It's an early start, but I'm ready to move on...

http://youtu.be/U7fjDS0jKiE
Look them up on FB and post you're looking to play.
o.png
:banned: