STL Thread/ Off Season/ Wanna talk about Playoffs?

pjordan4477

Hashtag a hashtag
How was your OBP less than your BA? Lots of sac flies?

I'm pretty sure sac flies are still counted against your BA.

SAC flies and SAC bunts are not in the BA calculation. They are in the OBP calculation as is Walks.

When having a OBP/AVG over .500 having an equal amount of Walks as SAC will lower your OBP

just 1 BB and 1 SAC in a game will have a negative effect on a OBP if the AVG is over .500

For instance in Gm3 we were 26/15 for AVG but the OBP was 28/16

pjordan4477

Hashtag a hashtag
Nobody is keeping track of weight runs created +?

I kept WAR for a bit, it was pointless.

I am keeping a FLY ball Ground ball AVG for outs (Named it POA, and cant remember why, lmao). I also keep ISOP and Modified OPS.

I thought I was a predominatly flying out, but after 18 games I have 1 more Fly out than ground out.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
What are your thoughts on him?

I've read that his ceiling at the major league level will be a 4th starter. He's not going to be at the level of a Wacha, Martinez, or Marco Gon, but could be a serviceable guy.

Alex Reyes is the guy to keep an eye on. He already has 35 Ks in only 20.1 innings. He's hit 100 on the gun multiple times this season.

STLCoach

Nobiscum Deus
I've read that his ceiling at the major league level will be a 4th starter. He's not going to be at the level of a Wacha, Martinez, or Marco Gon, but could be a serviceable guy.

Alex Reyes is the guy to keep an eye on. He already has 35 Ks in only 20.1 innings. He's hit 100 on the gun multiple times this season.

That's impressive. Maybe he'll step into an 8th inning role like Martinez did?

joker47

Addicted to Softballfans
Snacks, they gave me a 14B1 for the return...

I just had Karen call Easton and ask about the status of the return, she calls me back and says "well your not getting a return bc your bat was shaved!" ... I Was like "wtf???".. She then laughs and said you'll have a B1 Friday.. Lol

doublebagel

Manager
cXsAku-X.jpg

Hoodrats84

HRO Hero
Is e everyone off this weekend. Seems like there's only about 4 teams in each tournament. Is softball dead ? We're trying to figure out where to play that's gonna have a decent turnout. 4 team tournaments suck.

Trying to find a decent car asap, was in an accident yesterday and the Mustang is done. No one hurt fortunately. Just an added bundle of stress on top of trying to get the house fixed and ready for our close date on 5/6 along with moving into the new place and having to go out of town for my sister's wedding Saturday. Yay life!

Woody54

Coach
Chad what's your budget for a car? Buddy owns a dealership on Gravios 2 mins from your house. Anywhere from 3k to 14k cars on his lot.

pjordan4477

Hashtag a hashtag
Trying to find a decent car asap, was in an accident yesterday and the Mustang is done. No one hurt fortunately. Just an added bundle of stress on top of trying to get the house fixed and ready for our close date on 5/6 along with moving into the new place and having to go out of town for my sister's wedding Saturday. Yay life!

I can not speak enough about the 2005.5 - 2013 Jetta. The 5 cyclinder (2.5) vehicles were very nice, and easy on service issues.

rommel51

VP of Jock Strap cleaning
I can not speak enough about the 2005.5 - 2013 Jetta. The 5 cyclinder (2.5) vehicles were very nice, and easy on service issues.

junk. Very hard to work on. No one that I know likes to work on anything jetta. Even the dealers guys hate working on them. Mech and body guys call in sick when a jetta is on the schedule.