STL Thread/ Off Season/ Wanna talk about Playoffs?

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
I'm not criticizing since I'm at those levels. Just saying you don't see that as often higher up at least not of bats that they paid for.

I'm not criticizing since I'm at those levels. Just saying you don't see that as often higher up at least not of bats that they paid for.

Those guys can hit with anything, so they just need to find what they like the best. They worry more about their swing mechanics than the particular bat in their hand I'm sure.

softballdad23

Part Time Player
I am not really sure who this is directed at. I am not crying about playing in OF or any sanctioned tournament. I like those better than $$$ tournaments. My only complaint is that you charge that much to get in and then make it a single elim. after a round robin. That is not getting equal value. That's all I am saying..

I never directed it to anyone on here. Most guys on here also frequent the MO board and see all they whining that goes on. Most of you guys know me fairly well, and I am not a combatant type of person, but I have been around the game long enough to see how it has evolved from 20 years ago to now, and how the lower teams get catered to, which leaves the upper teams with now where to play. So then those upper players split up, and go to a lower level team, and then that team is no longer allowed to play in tournaments. Its a viscous cycle and pretty soon it will be D and E only, and the E teams will consist of quality D level players. I dont think that E class was designed for guys that have bat control, and can hit gaps at will, hit bombs anytime they want. On the comment about the pool play into single elim, I would say we never had that early on in my career, and sometimes it sucked, being home by noon, so getting a 3rd game would be appreciated, however, I see your point, that you could win your pool, play a good team in single elim, and get beat, and be out of the tourny with one loss. That also is a bit frustrating.

pjordan4477

Hashtag a hashtag
I never directed it to anyone on here. Most guys on here also frequent the MO board and see all they whining that goes on. Most of you guys know me fairly well, and I am not a combatant type of person, but I have been around the game long enough to see how it has evolved from 20 years ago to now, and how the lower teams get catered to, which leaves the upper teams with now where to play. So then those upper players split up, and go to a lower level team, and then that team is no longer allowed to play in tournaments. Its a viscous cycle and pretty soon it will be D and E only, and the E teams will consist of quality D level players. I dont think that E class was designed for guys that have bat control, and can hit gaps at will, hit bombs anytime they want. On the comment about the pool play into single elim, I would say we never had that early on in my career, and sometimes it sucked, being home by noon, so getting a 3rd game would be appreciated, however, I see your point, that you could win your pool, play a good team in single elim, and get beat, and be out of the tourny with one loss. That also is a bit frustrating.

Just another opportunity to go 0-3....awesome, lol

Chubby_43

Brother that is every where not only in MO.. I played in NJ, DE, MD, CA... E is for guys that have never played the game.. That is how it was always explained to me.. There are very few E teams that meet that definition. I see allot of teams breaking up so they do get bumped up and playing with lower teams. They should classify the player not the team. That would fix that. Teams want to win, and they have this thing that they can only win by playing push over teams. Any team can be beat any day.. There is no substitute for hard work. I remember when I first started playing competitive ball. We played in the Dudley series in NJ.. We played some of the best teams ranked in the state. We lost to the 3rd ranked team pretty bad.. We came back and beat the 7th and 11th ranked team. Then lost to some others. But we didn't back down and we were too young and stupid to realize who we even played at the time. But we got better and worked harder. We didn't cry because who they were or if that guy was Gold or Elite or B player.. We just played..

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
Using HR limits to reduce sandbagging has worked equally as well as the war on drugs.

pjordan4477

Hashtag a hashtag
I know we are talking E in Utrip....but I'd like to point out that E in NSA (known now as Bronze) has nearly no teams in IL or MO.

Problem fixed???

They didn't change anything other than rename the divisions in NSA. the HR limits are the same (the penalties are changed).

I know we are talking E in Utrip....but I'd like to point out that E in NSA (known now as Bronze) has nearly no teams in IL or MO.

Problem fixed???

They didn't change anything other than rename the divisions in NSA. the HR limits are the same (the penalties are changed).

Like you've told me though, Bronze and Silver always get lumped together in tournaments, so why not take the 2 homeruns? E will often have enough teams to be their own separate entity in a tournament.

pjordan4477

Hashtag a hashtag
Like you've told me though, Bronze and Silver always get lumped together in tournaments, so why not take the 2 homeruns? E will often have enough teams to be their own separate entity in a tournament.

and that's due to less teams in BRONZE. My point was prior to the naming convention change there were as many NSA E (Bronze) teams as there were D (Silver) teams.

A lot of the upper D teams went on to play NSA GOLD after the realignment.

So would Utrip benefit from the same change and realignment? The directors placing teams in a new naming convention? At least in the last 3 years in NSA it appears to have stuck. SILVER teams aren't trying to drop to BRONZE. A few GOLD teams have dropped to SILVER, but not a ton.

This goes back to Bean's thought of the 3 divisions, cept with the added caveat of having the directors realign teams for the first year.

joker47

Addicted to Softballfans
We won the southern fried early bird in ofallon. How'd u guys do?

Way to hit, but damn, you didn't have to rub it in!!;) I said at the beginning we were going to have to score 20, turns out that wouldn't have worked either..:eek:

Congrats CJ, we shall meet again!!! :thumb:

cjs_82

Addicted to Softballfans
Way to hit, but damn, you didn't have to rub it in!!;) I said at the beginning we were going to have to score 20, turns out that wouldn't have worked either..:eek:

Congrats CJ, we shall meet again!!! :thumb:

Thanks, looking forward to some more good games. And I was terrible all day at hittting, so those guys running up the scoreboard was all on them, lol! We know we can't stop scoring against most of the teams there, you are all capable of 20 run innings. And if we get bumped to gold then I'm gonna snap!! Heard a couple rumors from some umps that Demo and Gund had a very close eye on us, that's bullsh**! We had a close game with Uline 24-20, those guys are very solid, we came from behind 14-7 in the 5th, then same thing against dawgs we were down 14-7 and came back and short gamed 25-15 with 2 big innings. Had a close won with adrenaline/dirty dawgs also and won 18-14 i think. Same thing against u guys, we were playing from behind all the way till the 5th until we had 2 big innings. So each game we basically had 2 big innings that pushed us to the wins, but consistency is key in this game

joker47

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks, looking forward to some more good games. And I was terrible all day at hittting, so those guys running up the scoreboard was all on them, lol! We know we can't stop scoring against most of the teams there, you are all capable of 20 run innings. And if we get bumped to gold then I'm gonna snap!! Heard a couple rumors from some umps that Demo and Gund had a very close eye on us, that's bullsh**! We had a close game with Uline 24-20, those guys are very solid, we came from behind 14-7 in the 5th, then same thing against dawgs we were down 14-7 and came back and short gamed 25-15 with 2 big innings. Had a close won with adrenaline/dirty dawgs also and won 18-14 i think. Same thing against u guys, we were playing from behind all the way till the 5th until we had 2 big innings. So each game we basically had 2 big innings that pushed us to the wins, but consistency is key in this game

There wasn't anything we could do.. You guys just hit it every where we weren't.. We did that this weekend last year vs Bohica in the semis, down 16-3 going into the 6th and end up winning 26-13... Anything can happen in this game..

Woody54

Coach
We will be there (well most of our team) couple guys are playing at Bellfountain for Herbs (big fella) memorial tourney.. Hopefully the rain stays away for a good cause for Herbs son

Woody54

Coach
Considering this weekend had 20 something teams @ Bmac I'm sure it will only thing else going on is Worth Bats at SV I believe? But majority of the teams will play at bmac I would think

doublebagel

Manager
You guys need some defense lol. Most runs scored on us were 10. Lost to thick n thin 8-7, just didn't hit in the first game. Beat X factor 15-2 and lost to gridiron grill 10-8 ( a few drops in the outfield in that one )

Once our regulars are back and healthy we'll be gtg.

STLCoach

Nobiscum Deus
How did everyone do today?

3-2.. Had an awesome season opening game against Revolution and lost in the 7th 20-19.

Won the next 3 in a row and then faced ADL and lost 18-8 in 6.

We played well for our first tournament together. I like how loose this team is and no one gets bent out of shape or shaken up by stuff. It's refreshing.

pjordan4477

Hashtag a hashtag
There wasn't anything we could do.. You guys just hit it every where we weren't.. We did that this weekend last year vs Bohica in the semis, down 16-3 going into the 6th and end up winning 26-13... Anything can happen in this game..

Anything but that...there isn't an HRO that deducts runs, lol

pjordan4477

Hashtag a hashtag
You guys need some defense lol. Most runs scored on us were 10. Lost to thick n thin 8-7, just didn't hit in the first game. Beat X factor 15-2 and lost to gridiron grill 10-8 ( a few drops in the outfield in that one )

Once our regulars are back and healthy we'll be gtg.

Official name change...

Gateway Giant Nick Haters

:D:bigok::D

Woody54

Coach
Actually there was a progressive hro a couple yrs ago for the grand slam series.. Seen quite a few games lost because of the progressive hros....