the Carolinas

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
lol, yes it has been crazy in the SE Upper page. im excited for the softball to start. it should be a good year.

devo12

Addicted to Softballfans
Just glad everyone is going up at the same time. It sucks we used to battle it out with crunch time some and now they are gold and we are still bronze. We just don't take it serious enough anymore to compete. We didn't even win much this year lol

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
dont get hung up on the Crunchtime name. it is a very new team. parts of at least 3 diff teams. But i agree with you, i was always frustrated that All City and others moved up and we (Crossfire) stayed in Silver/D for 3 years.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
I know this is horrible but i dont know enough about golf to fully understand what that means.

Country469

Sandbagging is all that is. Taking the easier route to what you desire. Like playing Madden and having it set on rookie mode, winning all your games and posting about what a great gamer you are. Softball is the worst tho, in golf people actually lie to look better instead of worse.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
LOL, yes iv never understood that. I honestly think the desired end result it to look good. posting pics of tournament wins on fb and wearing their championship shirts and full sub uniforms. I just dont understand how they put that together with fighting to get to the bottom, and playing Rec ball, constantly tearing themselves down while building up every one else. It makes no sense. lol

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
you see there is a post on this message board for a Rec team recruiting players? it is for a team from Upstate SC. What the heck is a Rec team doing out recruiting players on a national message board?

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
No way you can be Rec. you talk way to much smack online. that is at least a silver level message board presence.

Country469

I think I was silver when I quit. Honestly I"ll pitch for a rec team at crawford again once this year and that'll be it. once a year, not even league anymore.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
ok this is going to be one of the more weird post ever. lol

I will try to explain as much as I can about the data. PLEASE ASK QUESTIONS
the original intent was to see if all bats with the same compression numbers had the same batted ball speed. The data would suggest that they dont... Some bats have better performance even if they have higher Compression numbers.

this vid is me compression testing my bats...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kenneth is a freaking monster... Tyler White is a current Huston Astro.

Country469

what balls were you using for this? Curious on that. I know for a fact that some bats are made for the 52 and thus will perform better on those. Trickier when you get into the classic M's and 44 cor balls.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
we hit classic M and stadium balls. the same # of each off the tee to establish a base line for the bats. then just hit a mix of the balls in live pitching.

Country469

Gotcha. Good deal there. I got to be present at an ASA ball test probably 6 years ago or so when they were mandating the 52 into play. Was interesting to see how different bats hit them especially after being rolled. From what I've seen worth/miken has the hard balls covered and demo/louisville were on point with the 52. sure thats changed in that past few seasons tho

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
i know the FIB tech is taking over the ASA world. My understanding is that is what Demarini Flipper, Monsta, and the new Miken/Worth Partriot/Liberty is using. I dont have any personal experience with them tho. ASA is completely gone here.

Country469

Its gone here too. Played a lot when I lived in Chicago, but maybe 3-4 times in the past 6 years now. Shame cuz their tech game is better. If it ever comes back to all wood bats, I'm unretiring.

bakesta72

washed up hasbeen of SBF
finally the data breakdown! Nice research Cliff! Always good to have a major leaguer in there testing too! :D

Did Robo have any data?

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
Robo with live pitch....
2017 nighthawk Failed compression but close.- 92 mph avg.
2016 nighthawk Failed compression bad.- 95 mph avg.

Robo off the tee...
2017 nighthawk Failed compression but close.- 95mph avg.
2016 nighthawk Failed compression bad. -98 mph avg.

i wanst sure what all Robo wanted tracked, so i didnt wright down his exact compression numbers. His 2016 nighthawk i think was around 200, im just not 100% sure what it was. the 2017 was very close to the pass fail line and probably still passes on the USSSA compression test.