the Carolinas

Leftie22

Star Player
That's one thing I loved about playing conference events. There is hardly ever any drama such as fighting or middle wars. It it strictly ball and whoever wins is the better team. They don't give a rip if you hit the middle because every one of their guys can pound it right back. Every time I go back and play local or league ball I am reminded of how bad some of us are.

ogsoftballplaye

I've recently learned that teams that think they can't compete just do whatever they can to rile you up and get you out of your game so they can steal one from you. Sad imho..........

Leftie22

Star Player
Well the final 4 balls were GREAT. These were utrip hot dots in 98 degrees. But there were a lot of runs scored to everyones surprise. We scored aroung 30-40 3 straight games.

Leftie22

Star Player
If we beat Addictiv ( conf B) then we get winner of HB/B&B. If we win that one we probably get cookies. Whew. However that premier team playing cookies is great too.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
jesus that bottom part of the bracket is absolutely loaded...clearly TN gives zero ****s about anyone from NC/SC haha

they build the bracket as 1/4 E, 1/4 D, 1/4 C, and the bottom 1/4 is the B. All of the 1/4s will have some over lap, but that B is always LOADED.

It kinda shows how they think about the South Eastern teams. We are all playing one devision up. We a D team are in the C. While Worshems, HB, Cookies, Solway, and CTS are all in the B. Im pretty sure all are technically registered as C.

Stretch19

Grow up
they build the bracket as 1/4 E, 1/4 D, 1/4 C, and the bottom 1/4 is the B. All of the 1/4s will have some over lap, but that B is always LOADED.

It kinda shows how they think about the South Eastern teams. We are all playing one devision up. We a D team are in the C. While Worshems, HB, Cookies, Solway, and CTS are all in the B. Im pretty sure all are technically registered as C.

thats interesting...so ideally in their minds, the best E team will play the best D team and the best B team will play the best C team to see who makes it into the winners bracket ship?

Leftie22

Star Player

I don't see how Cookies is C at all. They have several upper ball players. B at least

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
thats interesting...so ideally in their minds, the best E team will play the best D team and the best B team will play the best C team to see who makes it into the winners bracket ship?

Yes, that is how we finished 5th last year. We won the D bracket and then lost to the winner of the E bracket. Then got waxed by one of the upper teams in the losers bracket.

Staying in the winners bracket is the key, if you drop to the losers bracket you play anyone. It is all mixed up.

Leftie22

Star Player

Yes. It is an awesome format. The way softball really should be week in and week out. The only way teams will get better and want to move up is if everyone is in one bracket. Only makes sense.

mihklo

Funny cuz I had messaged a guy lookin for players for this and his team is listed in the E portion but he told me they are a C class team. They are from TN

Stretch19

Grow up
Nick Hill.

right on...were you down in GA when tae picked up with yall?

Yes, that is how we finished 5th last year. We won the D bracket and then lost to the winner of the E bracket. Then got waxed by one of the upper teams in the losers bracket.

Staying in the winners bracket is the key, if you drop to the losers bracket you play anyone. It is all mixed up.

that makes a lot of sense and is real cool honestly...better than putting the E teams vs the B in round 1 and then ending up with all the B/C teams left at the end of the winners bracket, etc

Stretch19

Grow up
Yes. It is an awesome format. The way softball really should be week in and week out. The only way teams will get better and want to move up is if everyone is in one bracket. Only makes sense.

really makes the most sense...it still gives the lower teams an opportunity to play and win a few games along the way vs teams of the same caliber...not like youre automatically going 0-2 or whatever if you have to play upper teams out the jump

Funny cuz I had messaged a guy lookin for players for this and his team is listed in the E portion but he told me they are a C class team. They are from TN

whats the team name? ill make a friendly wager they arent the last remaining E team in the WB, never works out like that

mihklo

Saw meal. I have no idea. I was trying to play with anyone instead of driving 3 hours just to watch. But they only wanted upper class ball players. So not lookin good for a rec baller like myself.

Stretch19

Grow up
sorry but i just cant fathom that...i couldnt imagine driving 30 minutes to burlington to see softball let alone drive to a damn different state and im single with no kids

Leftie22

Star Player
right on...were you down in GA when tae picked up with yall?

that makes a lot of sense and is real cool honestly...better than putting the E teams vs the B in round 1 and then ending up with all the B/C teams left at the end of the winners bracket, etc

Yes I was. Tae is a good dude. That was a long day. Had the Scene on the ropes and threw up a goose egg. Killed us