The "Contact Us" tab on Softball Fans

FKA Sports 31

The Rookie
I want to do a uniform giveaway. I used the "Contact Us" tab at the bottom of the page and haven't received a reply. Just want to make sure I'm reading the rules correct. I can't do a raffle based on Michigan Law and want to make sure that they don't rate a Give-away as a Raffle. I want teams to sign up by simply responding to the post and do the drawing next week. No money, we are paying for everything to include shipping and artwork. Anybody out there have contact with the powers that be... and can get an official OK sent to me via my message in the contact us email box?

Last edited:
I don't believe that Michigan law has anything to do with it. AFAIK, it is a federal law that prohibits raffles to be held on the internet. Depending on what you are asking the entry person to provide, it could be construed as a raffle.

With that said, the amount of counterfeit and copyrighted material being sold here is contradictory to any federal law to begin with.

FKA Sports 31

The Rookie
I was just saying, based on what is in the rules for the site.

Raffles

There are no Raffles, Raffle links or pools permitted on Softballfans due to a Michigan law that requires a permit to hold such raffles. This was ceased by Coach in 2005 and may resume later if the permit is obtained.

Only thing I am asking for is Team Name, POC Contact Email, and City/State.

No money for anything and no deal or whatever to purchase from me later. A no-strings giveaway.

FKA Sports 31

The Rookie
If I can't do it here, then I'll do something on the FB Page or My Web page, but I wanted everybody to see who entered and have an open forum to post the winner.

sjury

The Old Man
I have a solution. Run it on Facebook. Post a picture with the give-a-way info on your FB page and tell people all they have to do is like and comment on the picture to be entered. Then SBF isn't involved. Make sure to unfriend Klu before you pick the winner...LOL

FKA Sports 31

The Rookie
I want to reach as many people as I can. We are a new company and currently only have 163 on the Facebook Page. Most of them are guys that are associated with the company. If I had 1,000 likes or something, we would just do it on FB... but that's not the case.

TouchdownJesus

Addicted to Softballfans
I hope so, my brother lives down in Miami and he and I planned on going, but my daughter is having surgery, so I will be watching from the hospital most likely. Love the Irish, just glad we got back to being relevant since the Holtz Era

FKA Sports 31

The Rookie
I got ahold of Coach... waiting on a response... hopefully we can get this ball rolling ASAP. If you haven't already, go to our FB page and like the page, just incase we get the no go to do it on here.

FKA Sports 31

The Rookie
I haven't been given the ok by the site to run this Give Away just yet. I'm still waiting on Coach to come back and let me know. If I don't hear back by Tuesday... I'll run it on my FB page and just ask that you all spread the word. I'm actually trying to play by the rules... already got my hand slapped for not knowing the rules and doing something stupid.

noodle

At my signal unleash hell
I haven't been given the ok by the site to run this Give Away just yet. I'm still waiting on Coach to come back and let me know. If I don't hear back by Tuesday... I'll run it on my FB page and just ask that you all spread the word. I'm actually trying to play by the rules... already got my hand slapped for not knowing the rules and doing something stupid.

i think ur good to go.. your doing the drawing on your facebook page, and not on SBF..but its all ways safe to ask the powers above..

FKA Sports 31

The Rookie
So still no response from the Softball Fans Admin. Contacted Coach last week and he asked for more information. Information was provided and two follow up PMs sent. Nothing. I will go ahead a run it on our FB page for those who are interested. It's not a raffle and I'm not asking for any money, so I think I'm good... but better safe then sorry. If you have provided information on this link, please repost on our FB page.

FKA Sports 31

The Rookie
Got a response... just didn't have an answer in it. Only asked me to remove two companies from my signature block... which I did.