The most durable softballs

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Durable balls..... so far the Evil special blend USA .52 300 balls are holding up well. I've had a couple of them in my BP bag for about 5 months now. I figure I've hit both balls at least 100 times. No noticeable loss in performance since they were new. These Evils have enough oomph to fly out of full sized baseball fields when I hit them well.

Going to a composite cover for .52 balls was probably the best decision Evil ever made. These balls are light years better than prior Evil .52s that had leather covers.

A few of my X Rock C+s have finally died after over a year of hard use. The covers held up fine, but the core got noticeably mushy and I noticed the balls weren't flying well anymore. I still rate OLDER X Rock C+s as the best C+s on the market. Notice I said older. I have a few newer X Rock C+s that simply aren't the same ball. The graphics are very slightly different, as is the stitch pattern. These balls are nowhere near as good, and seem to degrade far faster than the older balls.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Bruce, I only think about the accomplishments and success I had with him. When I faced those bats as a pitcher/player I didnt see 1 ball hit out of a 300 foot field and I made sure we were using the best Evil Microcells when I played. While Im sure there were some hot ones I can only speak to what I saw in person. Imagine what would be said if you asked in the senior section. We both know.

Last edited:

BruceinGa

always online
Yes, I know what would be said.
I do remember playing Team Kitty in the Smoky and after hitting one out against Gator he asked what bat was that. lol
Very smart of you to think positive thoughts!

Great! Go hit em...lol
Mine will be here Sarurday...decided to order them as opposed to the hot dots you suggested I buy in another thread because you think you know me...too funny :p
I don’t think I know you, that’s why I said hot dots OR whatever your league uses. And all I was implying was that game balls will most likely do the least amount of damage to your bats.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Funny, people keep mentioning Hot Dots. I've been hitting a lot of those lately. They're actually pretty solid balls. When new they're as good as pretty much any .52. They aren't the most durable balls I've ever seen, but they're perfectly acceptable for BP purposes.

I know Hot Dots take a lot of crap for being lousy balls, but they really aren't. I've hit way worse .52s.

Funny, people keep mentioning Hot Dots. I've been hitting a lot of those lately. They're actually pretty solid balls. When new they're as good as pretty much any .52. They aren't the most durable balls I've ever seen, but they're perfectly acceptable for BP purposes.

I know Hot Dots take a lot of crap for being lousy balls, but they really aren't. I've hit way worse .52s.
I completely agree, and they can usually be had pretty cheap or stocked up on after games, in the woods or the morning after late night games when it’s to dark or people are to drunk to track them down.

mcia

Addicted to Softballfans
I already have like half dozen Evil leather 52/300 balls that were used through one game.

I ended up picking up some Dudley Thunder SY 52/300 (these are often used in leagues around me) and Evil 52+....both of which I will hit off a tee in the yard and use for bp when people can get together again. I decided against picking up BP Rockets....

Swinging ASA 2020 TPZ and a couple of 2019 ASA ESTs.....

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member

I haven't hit many 52s, but my problem with the hot dots is how they fly, knuckle, or bounce when hit. They seem like least consistent to me, but that could just be bias as that's been how worth balls performed for missy of my playing career. Until these gold dot extremes at least.

tonys1

Bobby hits like a girl, but those hot dots and dudley’s are absolute dog **** balls in comparison to Evil’s as BP balls. We game Hot dot and Dudley SY and if one those we used for even one game slips in the BP bucket, it feels like a wet sock and we just throw it away. Might be decent balls for 1 game, but as BP balls, garbage.

I have a combination of 52 and 52+ and each has had its share of his into a fence as I’ll BP into a backstop fence rather than fetch balls if I’m hitting alone and I have no issues with the Evils.