TJ1952 vs BR46

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
The BR 46 is just a bigger glove, period. The misleading thing about that pic is that the TJ1952 is much more broken in than the BR46. Wil try to get more pics of the pockets w a ball side by side. I still like the TJ much better but am considering trying the BR46 at first base if dont acquire a mitt....

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I prefer the BR46 but that's just because if I'm going to use a larger glove, I want the most I can control. The BR46 measures dead on 14" which is actually much larger than most mfg. My hands are also xxl due to length anf the BR46 is the biggest I feel completely comfortable controlling.

I don't know about the TJ's Rous has had but the TJ's I've sold over the last year have all measured 13.5" dead on. Also a great OF glove and the best big glove for someone with smaller hands. All Vinci's I've had start with tight hand stalls and comfortably stretch to fit, just feel smaller hands can still comfortably control the TJ while the 46 will be top heavy for short hands.

Smarks, give me the smoking cheap deal on that BR so you don't have to keep kicking it around, promise I won't try to return it lol.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I saw pics of it, looked like a nice size and Rous did note it was a one of a kind TJ. I'm just trying to let people know searching this thread know new standard TJ's and BR's measure to size unlike other limited Vinci's that are typically 1/2" short. Also, most big box store 14"gloves are actually 13.25-13.5" tall.

spartyfaith

Addicted to Softballfans
Smarkley, you gotta use that BR46 you'll love it. Having had both gloves, I regret getting rid of my BR46 more than any of the TJ 1952 I have owned.

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
Are these in stock now? Last time I tried to get one they didnt have any. Any help would be appreciated.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
FWIW, I ended up going with the TJ. I figured the closed back on a bigger glove might help with control.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I still am glad I went with the closed back. Feel like it'll work out a lot better. Now I just hope they get my order done fast. A friend of mine ordered with me so hopefully he doesn't hold mine back! :D

potts213

Manager
I still am glad I went with the closed back. Feel like it'll work out a lot better. Now I just hope they get my order done fast. A friend of mine ordered with me so hopefully he doesn't hold mine back! :D

Hey.. Just think about this.. No matter how long it takes to get your glove you're still going to have it before I get mine! :(