To the 30 year old + players...

Mixxed

Manager
What are your secrets for withstanding some of the aches and pains of playing multi-game leagues and tournaments?

Last month, I've started taking GNC Megaman Joint Vitapaks every day... it supports natural anti-inflammatory response, has glucosamene to improve movement in your joints, and you just don't feel as sore as you would have if you didn't take it. Also its easy on the stomach with no side effects. I think its great. Downside is taking six big pills once a day.

pGNC1-5265497t300x300.jpg

AveregeJay

Banned User
33 and I have no real issues with pain, the only thing I routinely do is toss a magic bag in the freezer and then use it to ice my throwing arm after games/double headers/tournies where I get a lot of work.

I like it better than a bag of frozen peas as it seems to stay cooler longer.

products-pain-relief-therapy-magic-bag-extended.png

Don't let the gal on the packaging fool you, it's manly.

Mixxed

Manager
My secrets?

Play Catcher or DH.

I wish I could!... but my guys still need me in the outfield, unfortunately. All that running and diving, I can't take like I did just a few years ago.

Also, this season I started putting Sport Gel soles in my Mizuno 9 Spikes... that seems to help out a lot, too...

BIGPAPA33

ULTRA MEGA
Stay in shape and do a lot of cardio or just be a fat ass and play the game half ass. Doing the later will make sure you don't hurt yourself.

Gio

Resident SBF Guitarist
What are your secrets for withstanding some of the aches and pains of playing multi-game leagues and tournaments?

Last month, I've started taking GNC Megaman Joint Vitapaks every day... it supports natural anti-inflammatory response, has glucosamene to improve movement in your joints, and you just don't feel as sore as you would have if you didn't take it. Also its easy on the stomach with no side effects. I think its great. Downside is taking six big pills once a day.

Theragesic, Aleve(Before games), epsom salt, stretching beforehand, Fish oils, Flax seed oils, Vitamins B-12, D, E, and C. a good nights sleep before tourney's and a a nap before league games during the week.

AH23

Addicted to Softballfans
Lot's of water couple of days before and during tourney. Wednesday before through end of tourney I take Glucosamine, Vit C, Potassium, and Vit E. Oh, and after all of that LOTS of IBUs.:D

TheJackal666

Silence....I keel you
I'm 43 and play 3 (sometimes 4) times/week. I get some aches and pains, but not as many as some of the younger guys I play with. I take some ibuprofen after my games/before bed, but that's about it.

Hehateme

Addicted to Softballfans
46 here- I just accept that I am going to be sore the next day and take an 800mg motrin before bed. Eat breakfast the next morning and take another one. I play league 4 nights a week with a bunch of 20 something kids, and can still hang.

Jabroni21

Addicted to Softballfans
I will be 44 in 4 months and I'm buff and the stuff. Me and my PST still hit bombs and I'm faster than 95% of the nancies at any ball field.:D

Man, that was a good guess on 45 then... lol.... And you can hang with any 20, 30 or 40 something!

Call me BIG PAPA!

BIGPAPA33

ULTRA MEGA
Man, that was a good guess on 45 then... lol.... And you can hang with any 20, 30 or 40 something!

Call me BIG PAPA!

I was in good shape when I was at Meade, but since I retired I'm in much better shape. Seriously...you got to take care of yourself. The older you get the harder it is to get over injuries.

Hey you going to Worlds with GI?

Jabroni21

Addicted to Softballfans
I was in good shape when I was at Meade, but since I retired I'm in much better shape. Seriously...you got to take care of yourself. The older you get the harder it is to get over injuries.

Hey you going to Worlds with GI?[/QUOTE]

Negative..

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans

southern comfort and Viox..................................................

Mattdawg18

Schmoozerator on SBZ
A healthy diet, stretching properly, 4 Advil Liquigels before the games and IcyHot Rollon. Other than that, a hot shower the next morning and light stretching.