To whom it may concern

Jen_16

Coach
-This doesn't include YOUR rule about her buying cheap and marking up for profit. You can complain about it all you want but it's not against the rules of this site and has no bearing on NGTG deals.

The humorous part is that he has no knowledge of what I have purchased my glove for or he wouldn't be falsely making these tired old accusations.

-All I keep hearing is this person is shady or that person is shady or NGTG, where is this proof of actual shadiness?

Here comes an illegal price check accusation... Wait for it... Wait for it....

mr.augie

Head Ball Coach
Mason gets a little out of control with his tactics, but the core of what he's saying is that misrepresenting the condition of gloves or looking to flip them for profit on here violates the spirit of the forum, whether it's within the rules or not.. he probably cares a little too much for his own good, but the dude has 100+ GTG deals on here & is an honest guy, so when he calls someone out, there's usually a good reason

Jen_16

Coach
Mason gets a little out of control with his tactics, but the core of what he's saying is that misrepresenting the condition of gloves or looking to flip them for profit on here violates the spirit of the forum, whether it's within the rules or not.. he probably cares a little too much for his own good, but the dude has 100+ GTG deals on here & is an honest guy, so when he calls someone out, there's usually a good reason

I'd love to know the reason because (no disrespect to you) I have never intentionally misrepresent item. If something is of poor quality I'll say it, whereas he has documented issues and flaws with some of his SLCS gloves and still pushes them as the work of god. His passion isn't an issue, it's that's it has been misguided at times. Nobody on here is perfect but you can't go around trashing people without proof.

As for "flipping" and "violating the spirit" I can only say that there are plenty of guys out there looking to flip and they do so at the expense of others (case in point: Gus who bragged in a thread about charging $130 more for a glove than he paid someone who hooked him up). Regardless of what anyone pays they should ask for fair value or the next guy will do so at their expense. I have no issue paying fair value for a glove and most I meet don't either. I expect to pay what an item is worth and if I am not willing to do so then I expect that the item won't transfer ownership to me. If a price isn't consented to by the buyer then Paypal would not be sent. No disrespect to anyone but there is no battle to be fought here on anyone's behalf.

Jen_16

Coach
If someone wants to sell their beloved gloves for under value, brag about having a good career and money, then beg to buy their glove back that's their choice. That's not everyone though. Most people pay a good amount for their items and sell them for what they can because they aren't a walking 501(c). It's ok, the world will continue to revolve in spite of this new found capitalism concept.

mr.augie

Head Ball Coach
I'd love to know the reason because (no disrespect to you) I have never intentionally misrepresent item. If something is of poor quality I'll say it

I think the PROS303 that you got on the bay for $139 & then listed here for $240 rubbed some guys the wrong way ..and then the infamous DP15 that was described as "flawless" and "used for catch one time" when it was clearly a used glove;

http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1314390&highlight=Jen+DP15

personally, I couldn't care less what you do, but if you're looking for reasons, those are two.. let's not play naive victim here, you're a sophisticated glove hoarder like the rest of us

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci

Ok, a good honest reasonable answer. I've never dealt with Mason but I know he has a huge love for leather and I totally respect that. While I see what everyone means about the "Spirit" of the board as that is what it was when I first joined many years ago, but due to having 50,000+ members this isn't the same small community it once was and that WAS about hooking bros up. The Vast majority of the members here are here to make money, sadly many of the same members looking to make money are also looking to find stuff on the cheap from others.

My question though keeps getting avoided though. What makes Jen shady? I keep hearing misrepresenting condition of gloves. She has 16 Reviews in iTrader and all of them are positive. Can someone show me a bad deal or what the big complaint really is? So far it's a lot of heresay becasue the people doing the accusing have feedback deals with her on here? I don''t want to hear flipping gloves for more money though, that isn't shady, it shows lack of brotherhood but not shady.

mr.augie

Head Ball Coach
..there was also that weird episode where you pictured two PI KP92s side-by-side (the GWF members will probably recall this one), but had some type of bait & switch thing going on where you were being elusive about which of the two gloves the buyer would actually receive.. and where you could see the PI tag strategically tucked out of sight in the SBF pics.. not sure exactly what was going on there, but it didn't appear to be on the up & up

I can say that a few gloves that I have seriously given thought to about buying on here. I was ok with buying hem solely because I knew I could flip them and make money on it. I was going to do that on the bay, but I was still thinking about flipping it to make money.

I have a question though, if I buy an A2K 1799 in "mint" for $140 on here, and don't like it. Then sell it here for the same price it's cool. But if I take said 1799 and sell it on the bay for $200, it's ok. But we all know that most of the glove guys in here are doing a good bit of buying from the bay.

So how is it not cool to flip for profit here, but ok on the bay where you also have a good chance at selling it to another SBF member? Just curious that's all.

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
..there was also that weird episode where you pictured two PI KP92s side-by-side (the GWF members will probably recall this one), but had some type of bait & switch thing going on where you were being elusive about which of the two gloves the buyer would actually receive.. and where you could see the PI tag strategically tucked out of sight in the SBF pics.. not sure exactly what was going on there, but it didn't appear to be on the up & up

well if this is true, then I would call that shady...

Jen_16

Coach
I think the PROS303 that you got on the bay for $139 & then listed here for $240 rubbed some guys the wrong way ..and then the infamous DP15 that was described as "flawless" and "used for catch one time" when it was clearly a used glove;

http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1314390&highlight=Jen+DP15

personally, I couldn't care less what you do, but if you're looking for reasons, those are two.. let's not play naive victim here, you're a sophisticated glove hoarder like the rest of us

I got a good deal on a Pro Preferred and when I decided Rawlings wasn't for me I sold it for fair value. The buyer was happy and I see no issues with selling the glove for what it's worth. Had I sold it for less who is to say a buyer wouldn't flip it on me? I wasn't out to make money seeing as I had wanted that color way for three years, but I'm not in the spirit of giving money away either.

As for the one of a kind pro issue DP15 which was price checked at $200 and a couple of you claimed was "used" because it was shaped having been shipped to me with a wrapped with a ball in it, it sold for what it was worth because it wasn't used. If you didn't like the pictures you can always ask for more. The accusations in that thread didn't sway the new owner and he text me to let me know he was more than happy with the glove and that it was undoubtedly mint and didn't budge an inch. Go figure, accurately described and a happy buyer.

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
I can say that a few gloves that I have seriously given thought to about buying on here. I was ok with buying hem solely because I knew I could flip them and make money on it. I was going to do that on the bay, but I was still thinking about flipping it to make money.

I have a question though, if I buy an A2K 1799 in "mint" for $140 on here, and don't like it. Then sell it here for the same price it's cool. But if I take said 1799 and sell it on the bay for $200, it's ok. But we all know that most of the glove guys in here are doing a good bit of buying from the bay.

So how is it not cool to flip for profit here, but ok on the bay where you also have a good chance at selling it to another SBF member? Just curious that's all.

because the "Spirit" of this board is supposed to be helping board bros not profiting off of them. Ebay is designed to make money off of.

mr.augie

Head Ball Coach

well, it's sort of like cheating on your wife with a stranger you meet at the mall vs. cheating on her with her best friend

mr.augie

Head Ball Coach
I got a good deal on a Pro Preferred and when I decided Rawlings wasn't for me I sold it for fair value. The buyer was happy and I see no issues with selling the glove for what it's worth. Had I sold it for less who is to say a buyer wouldn't flip it on me? I wasn't out to make money seeing as I had wanted that color way for three years, but I'm not in the spirit of giving money away either.

As for the one of a kind pro issue DP15 which was price checked at $200 and a couple of you claimed was "used" because it was shaped having been shipped to me with a wrapped with a ball in it, it sold for what it was worth because it wasn't used. If you didn't like the pictures you can always ask for more. The accusations in that thread didn't sway the new owner and he text me to let me know he was more than happy with the glove and that it was undoubtedly mint and didn't budge an inch. Go figure, accurately described and a happy buyer.

hey, I'm not gonna hate ..keep doing your thing, you're obviously fooling some people

Jen_16

Coach

I have explained this several times. I posted my mint KP92 on here and subsequently posted an identical new one on GWF bc SBF doesn't allow the sale of new gloves. I received questions on both sites asking why one site was listing a new glove but the other listed used so to show that I did in fact own two identical PI I posted a picture of the two together. Quite different from Mason listing gloves as NWT and NWOT on GWF then posting the exact same photo of the new gloves on here and calling them mint here. If you read the thread description of the mint one on here it clearly states that it was mint and did not have tags and should not be mistaken for the new glove listed on the other site. The new one on GWF said the exact opposite.

mr.augie

Head Ball Coach
I have explained this several times. I posted my mint KP92 on here and subsequently posted an identical new one on GWF bc SBF doesn't allow the sale of new gloves. I received questions on both sites asking why one site was listing a new glove but the other listed used so to show that I did in fact own two identical PI I posted a picture of the two together. Quite different from Mason listing gloves as NWT and NWOT on GWF then posting the exact same photo of the new gloves on here and calling them mint here. If you read the thread description of the mint one on here it clearly states that it was mint and did not have tags and should not be mistaken for the new glove listed on the other site. The new one on GWF said the exact opposite.

yeah, except you could still see the tag on the glove you posted on here.. the plastic ring it's affixed with was visible in the pic & the tag was also visible through the space b/w the fingers ..FAIL

Jen_16

Coach
hey, I'm not gonna hate ..keep doing your thing, you're obviously fooling some people

You can't be pretty ignorant for an educated man. Honesty is honesty and this nobody is fooled.

yeah, except you could still see the tag on the glove you posted on here.. the plastic ring it's affixed with was visible in the pic & the tag was also visible through the space b/w the fingers ..FAIL

You do realize that a mint glove which is worn on the couch and has had a few dozen balls flipped into it still looks new do you not? How many gloves do you see listed here daily with tags affixed bc the seller was too lazy to take and upload pictures of a glove in which there were no visible changes in the appearance? Do you crap on all of them? I rest my case.

Do you get involved in arguments between people you dont know in restaurants as well? Why continue to egg a situation on when you play no part...with that, I am done here

I think he's only asking for clarification because many a people are doing precisely what you're accusing him of doing. None of these people are speaking based on facts, it's all hearsay.

mr.augie

Head Ball Coach
you ask for specific examples of the alleged shadiness & then when you're presented with them, you make excuses or backtrack.. again, I couldn't care less what you do because you've shown yourself to be dishonest & deceitful, so I have no intent to ever deal with you ..but don't worry, there are plenty of monkeys on here to keep you in business

because the "Spirit" of this board is supposed to be helping board bros not profiting off of them. Ebay is designed to make money off of.

I get the spirit of the board, but yet everyone rips everyone else for things. Heck I was ripped because I was trying to get a glove cheaper then what they sell for. And that was on the bay, so go figure.

Can't make money off of here, because it's frowned upon due to the spirit of the board.

Yet can't try and get a glove off the bay, cheaper then they are selling for.

Sounds to me like you can't win.

I like you Mr. Audie, but bad analogy.

All I'm saying is, whether Jen_16 flipped a glove for profit or not. She is not the only one on here doing it, but seems like she gets called out the most.

Is the Gsus thing true about him selling a glove for way more? Because if it is, why hasn't he been ripped on? I heard it was justified to him because the guy who bought it was a newb, and was willing to pay that price. Sounds a lot like a Jen_16 scenario.

In the end if someone's pays a ridiculous amount of money and is fine with it, and loves the item when they receive it. Who cares what anyone does.

Oh and forget all this spirit of the board stuff. The spirit of the board is to help people who may need help looking for a glove, help with their swing. Getting a price check, help finding a bat. Yet all I ever see is bashing. Bro price is way off, I got the same one in better condition for x amount. Swing is horrible. Or swing looks good, because they just want to screw with people. I may be new to this board, but the spirit of the board kind of sucks. I still like to read things, and have learned who to take serious and nit to.

No one has still yet to address the selling an OG Z for way beyond retail. Guess that's cool though, because I don't see any bashing.

Jen_16

Coach
you ask for specific examples of the alleged shadiness & then when you're presented with them, you make excuses or backtrack.. again, I couldn't care less what you do because you've shown yourself to be dishonest & deceitful, so I have no intent to ever deal with you ..but don't worry, there are plenty of monkeys on here to keep you in business

By "make excuses and backtrack" you do mean openly that I explain why you are incorrect to accuse me of being shady. I know that's what you mean... A few tenured users and friends of yours warned me long ago not to mind your bitterness and skepticism, so I don't. I have nothing to hide and will not lose sleep I've your lack of intent to deal with me. No love lost there.

Jen_16

Coach
Heck I was ripped because I was trying to get a glove cheaper then what they sell for.

Is the Gsus thing true about him selling a glove for way more? Because if it is, why hasn't he been ripped on?

Oh and forget all this spirit of the board stuff. The spirit of the board is to help people who may need help looking for a glove, help with their swing. Getting a price check, help finding a bat. Yet all I ever see is bashing.

I remember that incident, that was recently. You asked for a price check on a glove bc you were watching an auction. When it went over what you were willing to spend Gus basically called you an idiot and a crybaby, though all you said was you didn't want it for that much.

Yes it is true and I'm pretty sure you can still view the comments. It was in a Vinci thread several months ago. The mayor spoke out against him and he replied asking her how it felt to overpay for the glove. If I'm not mistaken both he and another user (I won't say the name bc I'd have to look) both boasted about ripping her off- Gus on an EL3 and the other on the black KP92. He wasn't called out but rather received applause. Classy.

For the most part, thanks to a select few, the spirit of the forum had been bashing, but that isn't embraced by all thankfully. I recently donated to a bro helping raise money for a cancer patient, paid asking for an item though a bro told me he was likely going to have to lower his price, and hooked another bro up with a PI at cost which I could've sold for at least $100 more had I taken it to the bay. Why? Because there are those guys on here who are friendly, rational and don't breed this hateful ignorance. I've never met them in person but I don't doubt for a second that they're good to go.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No one has still yet to address the selling an OG Z for way beyond retail. Guess that's cool though, because I don't see any bashing.

That's really nothing compared to the Voltage spree; pick them up on clearance at SA then turn around for $300+

But really this is like :deadhorse:

mr.augie

Head Ball Coach
By "make excuses and backtrack" you do mean openly that I explain why you are incorrect to accuse me of being shady.

no, what I mean is that you get called out & then make excuses or lie about it.. guys who've been on here for years with hundreds of GTG deals combined aren't just giving you crap b/c you're a woman ..get a clue

RalphG427

On the bench
My first problem I had was when you listed an hweb swapped kp92 as a 1799. You eventually re-listed it after enough backlash but it's just that mentality that is behind it. If guys weren't around looking out for each other that glove could have sold to somebody without knowing what they were really getting.

Jen_16

Coach
Augie, if high feedback guys are so perfect and don't lie why is Gus banned for lying and breaking forum rules? I thought you practiced law. You sir need to sure up your debate skills. Defense: "people don't lie" lol

Ralph I apologized for that a year ago when it happened, nothing shady happened. Dirty pointed out to me that the thread title of 1799 web swap was ambiguous and I admitted the oversight and immediately removed and relisted the thread when I got off work. I described it as a web swap and posted before and after pictures comparing the KP92 width before and after the swap. I wanted to ensure that the title didn't confuse anyone though so I resisted it. Newbie mistake and immediately rectified. Anything else?

mr.augie

Head Ball Coach
Augie, if high feedback guys are so perfect and don't lie why is Gus banned for lying and breaking forum rules? I thought you practiced law. You sir need to sure up your debate skills. Defense: "people don't lie" lol

don't worry about my career ..worry about getting yourself a job so you don't have to keep scamming people on SBF to pay the bills

I admitted the oversight and immediately removed and relisted the thread when I got off work. I described it as a web swap and posted before and after pictures comparing the KP92 width before and after the swap. I wanted to ensure that the title didn't confuse anyone though so I resisted it. Newbie mistake and immediately rectified. Anything else?

what you mean is that you went back & forth numerous times with several forum members defending it as basically the same thing as a 1799 after the swap & only reluctantly changed the post after you continually caught flack for it ..that's how I remember it anyway (you know, how it really happened)

Jen_16

Coach
I have a job, and a rather good one. I'm not surprised you'd accuse me of not having one though. Falls right in line with the rest of your ignorant comments.

I deleted the thread without issue, just not immediately as I don't browse SBF while at work. If you recall correctly, the comparison was not an issue. The photos were very detailed. I believe one person objected to the glove being sold as new because it didn't have tags and a swap occurred, though it was unused and all components were new.

IMG_3863_zps787d5ae3.jpg

IMG_0659_zpsc23869a9.jpg

IMG_5639_zps0c77c625.jpg

IMG_2487_zpsf78afceb.jpg

IMG_9338_zps93c59144.jpg

IMG_4974_zps4f548ea3.jpg

IMG_3594_zps9623f284.jpg

Jen_16

Coach
Tough to keep the person who oversees the all the accounts and handles all the company deposits away from the money. My CEO entrusts me with managing all aspects of the office so I must not be half bad. Go figure, someone who isn't ignorant and actually knows me has judged me accordingly. Lol