Top Favorite ASA bat please!

Hayley

I'm super excited. I just got confirmation that we only have to have the ASA stamp on the bat and not the USSSA. So, excuse my previous "dual stamp" post. Please tell me your top favorite ASA bat!

lx_2nv

Coach
Do you like a 2 pc or 1 pc bat? The Demarinis have had a great rep, and my Juggy is hot. With that said, I love the feel of the Combat Derby Boys ASA (DBA) - and they are fire as well.

cleanupset

What type of bats do you like in general? One or two piece? End loaded or balanced? 26 oz, 27 oz, or 28 oz. . . ? Do you hit line drives and hard grounders or bombs? I play in a league that allows USSSA bats but hit liners and like an evenly balanced bat that is light weight so I swing a Demarini Mercy. People say I should use an USSSA bat but it doesn't really matter, I'm not going to hit it out of the park so I just swing a bat that I can square up more regularly.

Last edited:

Paulypal

Addicted to Softballfans
Miken Freak 52. Black with the volt lettering.

The two piece Demarini's feel like wet noodles to me. I never liked them at all.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
My gamers right now are the Combat 2014 Portent and 2013 Wanted. The sound these bat make with ASA 52s is unreal and they hang with any top ASA bat at a fraction of the cost.

Terrordome666

Addicted to Softballfans
My gamers right now are the Combat 2014 Portent and 2013 Wanted. The sound these bat make with ASA 52s is unreal and they hang with any top ASA bat at a fraction of the cost.

When the disk in the Combat Wanteds gets dislodged watch out! I have 2014 Wanted, the little disk inside is no longer secure. The ball jets off the bat.

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
Players in our league have a good results from the Miken Freak52. Also have good results from my Worth JH Legit HD52

jeffro1265

When the disk in the Combat Wanteds gets dislodged watch out! I have 2014 Wanted, the little disk inside is no longer secure. The ball jets off the bat.
Had this happen to my 15'. The orange bhose edition. I promptly returned it and sold the retrun. I did not have good results.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I'm super excited. I just got confirmation that we only have to have the ASA stamp on the bat and not the USSSA. So, excuse my previous "dual stamp" post. Please tell me your top favorite ASA bat!

My favorite is my well used 28 oz Aftermath...................... Seems to hit these ****ty ASA balls the best.

nate d.'8to5

Addicted to Softballfans
best bat depends on way too many conditions... definitely need to swing as many as you can then make your choice. some days a stiff Easton when its hot, demarini mercy is a great choice if you like light bats.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
Figured it was dead so sent it back. Made a ridiculous rattle. Didn't even try hitting it

The rattle is caused by the so called "performance enhancing discs" which actually restrict performance. Once the discs come loose the walls of the bat flex more and the bat gets hotter and hotter