Total Knee Replacement? Has any of you has come back to playing after a total knee replacement.

bronx90210

Addicted to Softballfans
im 51 I had a meniscus tear, I did the repair it worked on 10/14/23. Somehow according to my MRI i have a lateral tear & medial tear. I did the Euflexxa. 3 shots knee. I also did the cortisone shot it was good for 24 hours. I use an unloader brace which helps very little.
BTW, none of that topical cream,patches and KT tape worked for me. So according to my MRi and Xrays a total knee replacement is recommended.

blakcherry329

im 51 I had a meniscus tear, I did the repair it worked on 10/14/23. Somehow according to my MRI i have a lateral tear & medial tear. I did the Euflexxa. 3 shots knee. I also did the cortisone shot it was good for 24 hours. I use an unloader brace which helps very little.
BTW, none of that topical cream,patches and KT tape worked for me. So according to my MRi and Xrays a total knee replacement is recommended.
LOL. Looks like you copy and pasted my post from awhile ago. I expected alot more from the Gel shots. It's a little better, but definitely not worth the money.
Are you a candidate for TKR? They said I wasn't.

bronx90210

Addicted to Softballfans
LOL. Looks like you copy and pasted my post from awhile ago. I expected alot more from the Gel shots. It's a little better, but definitely not worth the money.
Are you a candidate for TKR? They said I wasn't.
Your wording was perfect. I am a candidate just have to schedule the surgery. I’m waiting on the assistant to contact me with availability. Since the doctor is booked for September. The gel shots were a waste. The unloading brace did help but . It’s not something I can wear to work and at work. My doctor said it’s time..

UncleMosk

Your wording was perfect. I am a candidate just have to schedule the surgery. I’m waiting on the assistant to contact me with availability. Since the doctor is booked for September. The gel shots were a waste. The unloading brace did help but . It’s not something I can wear to work and at work. My doctor said it’s time..
Damn sucks getting old. Just ran into a guy who did both. Was out for year and half. Said his swing balance is off but he looked good overall playing. Was happy to be back on the 💎.

blakcherry329

Damn sucks getting old. Just ran into a guy who did both. Was out for year and half. Said his swing balance is off but he looked good overall playing. Was happy to be back on the 💎.
Lol. yeah it does. But it beats the alternative. :cool:
Year and a half? That seems like a long time to get back after surgery. I play with a guy that got TKR a couple years ago and he was out of our Sunday games for only about 6 months. It's a pick up game, but still. He was running without much pain. He paced himself and went to first or caught when he needed a break, but he played. I'm going back to get a better diagnosis after the summer seasons.
Your knee must be a lot worse than mine. They said I wasn't a candidate and I'm 8 years older than you.

bronx90210

Addicted to Softballfans
This is good to hear. You don’t see or hear about too many guys playing after a total knee replacement. I does suck to get old.

bronx90210

Addicted to Softballfans
Lol. yeah it does. But it beats the alternative. :cool:
Year and a half? That seems like a long time to get back after surgery. I play with a guy that got TKR a couple years ago and he was out of our Sunday games for only about 6 months. It's a pick up game, but still. He was running without much pain. He paced himself and went to first or caught when he needed a break, but he played. I'm going back to get a better diagnosis after the summer seasons.

Your knee must be a lot worse than mine. They said I wasn't a candidate and I'm 8 years older than you.
That guy sounds like it’s going to be me. Yeah my knee is in bad shape. The arthritis is bad the doctor said. The knee replacement only lasts for 10 years so at 51 I’m still active. After I get this done I am definitely going to cut back every thing. How are your knees holding up. You still playing out in New Jersey.

blakcherry329

That guy sounds like it’s going to be me. Yeah my knee is in bad shape. The arthritis is bad the doctor said. The knee replacement only lasts for 10 years so at 51 I’m still active. After I get this done I am definitely going to cut back every thing. How are your knees holding up. You still playing out in New Jersey.
My knees are better than they were, but still not good. Still playing in Pelham Bay and the pickup games in Scarsdale(all are welcome if you ever want a low stress game to test your knee). I'm also playing in NJ on a turf field. That kills my knees but it's nice to pitch on an even surface. lol

Definitely want to hear how it goes with your surgery. You'll be back to hitting bombs in no time.

bronx90210

Addicted to Softballfans
My knees are better than they were, but still not good. Still playing in Pelham Bay and the pickup games in Scarsdale(all are welcome if you ever want a low stress game to test your knee). I'm also playing in NJ on a turf field. That kills my knees but it's nice to pitch on an even surface. lol

Definitely want to hear how it goes with your surgery. You'll be back to hitting bombs in no time.
Thanks I will keep you posted looking to get this done in September or October. It’s good to know you are still playing. I still blame you for me selling perfectly good bats, because of your pitching especially the knuckle ball of yours.. lol.

Goater

Addicted to Softballfans
I had TKR (1 knee) and was back playing in about 4 months. Our league allows a runner from home, so that made it possible. It is now about 5 years later (I'm 77) and I do run from home. Previous to the TKR I played only outfield. Now I'm primarily 1st and catcher with an occasional inning in the outfield. At this point, I do turn doubles into singles and triples into doubles.

I know 8-10 in our league who have had TKR and still play ... some run and some don't.

bronx90210

Addicted to Softballfans
I had TKR (1 knee) and was back playing in about 4 months. Our league allows a runner from home, so that made it possible. It is now about 5 years later (I'm 77) and I do run from home. Previous to the TKR I played only outfield. Now I'm primarily 1st and catcher with an occasional inning in the outfield. At this point, I do turn doubles into singles and triples into doubles.

I know 8-10 in our league who have had TKR and still play ... some run and some don't.
Thanks for the update and info very positive news. Stay safe and keep ballin!!

Steve Butler

Addicted to Softballfans
Ken07 has done both now and has videos on TKR. I had my left knee replaced 7 months ago and I'm back playing and running the bases o_O

I have to tell you that for 8 weeks after TKR I wanted to cut my leg off below the knee. Unbelievable pain then at 8 weeks a switch was flipped and it was wow.

My swing is still jacked up but not because of my knee as much as just not playing.

bronx90210

Addicted to Softballfans
Ken07 has done both now and has videos on TKR. I had my left knee replaced 7 months ago and I'm back playing and running the bases o_O

I have to tell you that for 8 weeks after TKR I wanted to cut my leg off below the knee. Unbelievable pain then at 8 weeks a switch was flipped and it was wow.

My swing is still jacked up but not because of my knee as much as just not playing.
That’s great not your swing but you being able to get back out there and compete. That’s 8 weeks post opp information you gave me is helpful. I’m know exactly what to expect my first 8 weeks out.