TPZ LOUISVILLE SLUGGER

Jbird-21

Manager
got to put bout 50 swings on this out of wrapper with 52/300 balls..
its a 26 oz feel right at .5el sweetspot is huge..barrel feels like a 13 inch or bigger... no flex in the handle..
hit in 80 degree weather. i had no issues getting this bat to hit the ball 300 ft plus out of wrapper.. it really surprised me cause most asa take some hacks to get that good 300ft plus shots..
going to hit today and get some exit speed on it.. will update... slugger has these bats for msrp 249 with a return online. if u hit up a slugger staff rep heard u get 25% off with a promo code..

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 132

jhitman

got to put bout 50 swings on this out of wrapper with 52/300 balls..
its a 26 oz feel right at .5el sweetspot is huge..barrel feels like a 13 inch or bigger... no flex in the handle..
hit in 80 degree weather. i had no issues getting this bat to hit the ball 300 ft plus out of wrapper.. it really surprised me cause most asa take some hacks to get that good 300ft plus shots..
going to hit today and get some exit speed on it.. will update... slugger has these bats for msrp 249 with a return online. if u hit up a slugger staff rep heard u get 25% off with a promo code..

Most ASA bats I have hit are very average with the 52's. What makes this bat any different? Is there some new technology involved? Appreciate any more information you can give me on this bat.

dunkky

no different. just another year, and another bat with different paint. and this is what we do every year as a softball player to make sure we don't stay bored.

ladies talk about bags, hype up the bags, shop the bags each year. we do same with softball i guess.

what's your gamer hitman? Try one of the anarchys. i recommend awakening if you like big endload.

jhitman

no different. just another year, and another bat with different paint. and this is what we do every year as a softball player to make sure we don't stay bored.

ladies talk about bags, hype up the bags, shop the bags each year. we do same with softball i guess.

what's your gamer hitman? Try one of the anarchys. i recommend awakening if you like big endload.

Hey Dunkky,

I have looked into the Anarchy's, but am unsure as I don't know many,if any,here that swing them. My gamer right now is the orange 2018 DC41 USSSA model with the 52's. Just picked up an EST XL last week and am anxious to get some swings on it. I'm cautious on buying ASA bats is why I asked the question about the LS TPZ. I have yet to find an ASA bat that I like better than my DC41's (USSSA). They claim to hit the 52's better, but I have yet to see any proof of that.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Hey Dunkky,

I have looked into the Anarchy's, but am unsure as I don't know many,if any,here that swing them. My gamer right now is the orange 2018 DC41 USSSA model with the 52's. Just picked up an EST XL last week and am anxious to get some swings on it. I'm cautious on buying ASA bats is why I asked the question about the LS TPZ. I have yet to find an ASA bat that I like better than my DC41's (USSSA). They claim to hit the 52's better, but I have yet to see any proof of that.
If you like what you're swinging and you can keep swinging a utrip bat you should most definitely keep doing that....

jhitman

If you like what you're swinging and you can keep swinging a utrip bat you should most definitely keep doing that....

I do like the DC41 and that's the plan. This is what I am thinking though. The bat manufacturers keep coming out with new bats every year. Lately, it's nothing but repaints of the previous year's models. At some point, it seems to me, that they will need to have new technology, otherwise why pay those prices for the same old same old. Now that most leagues use the 52's and there is virtually no trampoline effect like back in the days of the Freaks and Ultra's with hard softballs, it seems to me that most knowledgeable players will just wait to get the discounted prices on the previous year's models. I got a NIW EST XL that retailed for $329 for $170 last week.

You would think, at some point, there will be some kind of breakthrough technology that will hit the mush balls better than what's currently on the market now. That seemed to be the case when we went from aluminum to composite bats back about 15 years ago.

dunkky

most likely not unless they make a smart bat with built-in exit speed-meter and blue-tooth support.

i am a big fan of dc41 asa, can't say same thing about utrip ver. i hated that ping sound, i traded for 19 est xxl which also makes that ping sound. :( but i like it because it has shorter barrel and it destroys classic M. not sure about 52.

Trust me, awakening will outperfom dc41 utrip. I swung them side by side hitting 52. Have you tried purple est xxl? that bat also destroys 52.

jhitman

most likely not unless they make a smart bat with built-in exit speed-meter and blue-tooth support.

i am a big fan of dc41 asa, can't say same thing about utrip ver. i hated that ping sound, i traded for 19 est xxl which also makes that ping sound. :( but i like it because it has shorter barrel and it destroys classic M. not sure about 52.

Trust me, awakening will outperfom dc41 utrip. I swung them side by side hitting 52. Have you tried purple est xxl? that bat also destroys 52.

The ASA version of the DC41 is the only ASA bat I have hit that hit the 52's really well IMO. I also like the USSSA version and I have the orange one from 2018. I had a friend that swore by the purple EST and was devastated when he broke it. I knew one guy that got one but had to pay $500.00 for it. I have an EST XL that I just got delivered so hoping to try it out this week if the weather is doable.

Will check into the Awakening. Is it an ASA or USSSA bat?

dunkky

its ASA. mine is not even fully broken in but It's right there with purple xxl no doubt. purple xxl was bphero's #1 choice as well. I know people say 17 dc41 asa is same as the purple xxl, which i don't disagree, both fantastic bats. But if am going for distance, hands down purple xxl. Whatever reason, balls seems to jump off like missiles with that stick.

this is a list of my all time(3years lol) favorite asa sticks in terms of performance.
1. purple xxl
2. awakening / L4
3. bombardier/dc41
4. omega phenix
5. dnam

jhitman

its ASA. mine is not even fully broken in but It's right there with purple xxl no doubt. purple xxl was bphero's #1 choice as well. I know people say 17 dc41 asa is same as the purple xxl, which i don't disagree, both fantastic bats. But if am going for distance, hands down purple xxl. Whatever reason, balls seems to jump off like missiles with that stick.

this is a list of my all time(3years lol) favorite asa sticks in terms of performance.
1. purple xxl
2. awakening / L4
3. bombardier/dc41
4. omega phenix
5. dnam

We have a choice with the 52's of ASA or USSSA bats. Do you think this list of ASA bats are better performing than the USSSA bats? I agree that the purple EST XXL may be as I have seen a well broken one in action. The ball was jumping off of that bat.

dunkky

I am not qualified to answer that question as I have only swung two utrip bats. 19 dc41 and est xxl. But if I voice my opinion based on my limited experience, i know one thing for sure. I don't care how hot utrip bats are, they will not out perform the awakening or purple xxl hitting 52. Just my opinion based on my limited experience. But hitting hard ball is another story.

BOLTMAN21

Manager
We have a choice with the 52's of ASA or USSSA bats. Do you think this list of ASA bats are better performing than the USSSA bats? I agree that the purple EST XXL may be as I have seen a well broken one in action. The ball was jumping off of that bat.
ASA bats are designed to hit the 52 COR ball. USSSA bats are designed to hit the harder stuff. ASA bats should hit the 52 balls better for most people and won't be very durable hitting hard stuff (other then Anarchy which are tanks). USSSA bats will hit 52 balls good for good hitters. If you can hit, you can hit. That said, swing whatever works best for you (specs and overall comfort and results). Too many people chase the "hottest" bat but aren't consistent. Whatever few extra feet some bats are hyped to get isn't worth the inconsistency.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Honestly get a dc asa and swing both, it does require a little break in, but will swing pretty much the same going back and forth, give a good 6 months, if you don’t like it, sell it here
forgot this was even a Louisville thread lol, I am interested in trying this bat, a Louisville sponsored team I play league against was absolutely crushing with the black and pink one last session

Last edited:

jhitman

ASA bats are designed to hit the 52 COR ball. USSSA bats are designed to hit the harder stuff. ASA bats should hit the 52 balls better for most people and won't be very durable hitting hard stuff (other then Anarchy which are tanks). USSSA bats will hit 52 balls good for good hitters. If you can hit, you can hit. That said, swing whatever works best for you (specs and overall comfort and results). Too many people chase the "hottest" bat but aren't consistent. Whatever few extra feet some bats are hyped to get isn't worth the inconsistency.

I agree that the ASA bats were designed specifically for the 52's. In my experience hitting a number of ASA bats as well as USSSA bats, I found that the USSSA bats seem to perform better with the 52's. I had a buddy ask me about the Anarchy bats, but have never actually swung one. Have you had a chance to demo the TPZ? I am looking to get one more bat for Spring and would like to add an ASA bat as I have all USSSA bats at this point.

jhitman

I am not qualified to answer that question as I have only swung two utrip bats. 19 dc41 and est xxl. But if I voice my opinion based on my limited experience, i know one thing for sure. I don't care how hot utrip bats are, they will not out perform the awakening or purple xxl hitting 52. Just my opinion based on my limited experience. But hitting hard ball is another story.

Question, is there an Awakening 2020 version coming out? I looked on their site and I don't see one right now.

dunkky

nope, no 2020. they had RI one, purple color. is it same as og, i have no idea. People seem to prefer OG more though, reason why you might find purple one for less price. I've heard firestick is pretty good too, but never swung one so can't speak for it myself. Keep in mind. awakening is 1 piece and if you are one of those that don't like one piece then u might not like it. For me, i couldn't care less as long as it has a massive endload and launches bombs. LOL

Normy

nope, no 2020. they had RI one, purple color. is it same as og, i have no idea. People seem to prefer OG more though, reason why you might find purple one for less price. I've heard firestick is pretty good too, but never swung one so can't speak for it myself. Keep in mind. awakening is 1 piece and if you are one of those that don't like one piece then u might not like it. For me, i couldn't care less as long as it has a massive endload and launches bombs. LOL
Is it 1oz or .5oz endload?