Ugh... 1st Game of the Season, and I'm THAT GUY Already... sigh

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
Sounds like you guys really don't know what's up if you can't tell the difference between ASA and USSSA sticks.

No, I know (but I am too nice sometimes, and wanted to check online first), and their cap knows (and the guy that brought it KNEW).

I am not so obsessed with softball to have memorized what every bat is by sight. You must forgive me...

He admitted his F up. He is a decent guy, whom, I respect.

Thanks to some of the more mature folks whom have chimed in. It's nice to be reminded that not everyone here is a troll whom lives to be a d|ck...

BigWillyP1975

Pancakes?
Awesome thread. I'm sure if you won you wouldn't have bothered to research whether this bat was USSSA or ASA after the game.

Hellens

Addicted to Softballfans
Awesome, more OSPB negative crap. Congrats everyone, co ed sucks, you all are beasts... blah blah

For the OP, I'd just give the team the benefit of the doubt that they didn't know. Take the loss but inform them that it isn't legal. You may have to be in touch with some of the other teams to see if the team uses it again after you've already let them know. THEN it becomes an issue because you can prove they used it knowingly.

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
Awesome thread. I'm sure if you won you wouldn't have bothered to research whether this bat was USSSA or ASA after the game.

Nope, you're wrong. I would have. As the Pitcher, I care about such things, if only to make sure I/others get home OK to my/their wife & kids.

I am very anti-cheating, and always have been. I will call myself out when umps miss the call. I hold my head high. Think of me what you will...

TMontani

Part Time Player
Bored at work lol

Obviously....Im sure you have YouTube videos of yourself dropping bombs in BP. Why not watch those?

I'm bored too, and I dont play coed either, but it's kinda (very) ****ish to dog somoene who does. Calling out douches who use illegal/worked bats isn't an easy thing to do. Most guys who think about doing it just want justification before they do it.

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
Awesome, more OSPB negative crap. Congrats everyone, co ed sucks, you all are beasts... blah blah

For the OP, I'd just give the team the benefit of the doubt that they didn't know. Take the loss but inform them that it isn't legal. You may have to be in touch with some of the other teams to see if the team uses it again after you've already let them know. THEN it becomes an issue because you can prove they used it knowingly.

They knew. They admitted. They have now lost. They will not do it again. Their cap/our league prez is a stand-up guy, and proved it this morning.

BigWillyP1975

Pancakes?
I'm watching those as I type this on my other work computer screen.

This isn't about worked bats. Some moron team went 7 innings using a USSSA bat in an ASA league game. I don't know who's more of an idiot. The team using it or the team letting them go the whole game using it. Or the umpire. lol

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
Obviously....Im sure you have YouTube videos of yourself dropping bombs in BP. Why not watch those?

I'm bored too, and I dont play coed either, but it's kinda (very) ****ish to dog somoene who does. Calling out douches who use illegal/worked bats isn't an easy thing to do. Most guys who think about doing it just want justification before they do it.

I appreciate your comments/support.

This is pretty much the deal. I wanted to be sure, and was just too busy during the game to do more (pitching & coaching keeps me busy). Some of it is on me, to sack up and check on it during the game. I will own that part of it, and am going to start checking more pre/during games...

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans

This isn't about worked bats. Some moron team went 7 innings using a USSSA bat in an ASA league game. I don't know who's more of an idiot. The team using it or the team letting them go the whole game using it. Or the umpire. lol

Dude, why you have to be so negative all the time? Morons, insults, etc.

Grow up and get back to work, Slacker.

It was no mistake. He knew, and their coach slacked on making sure his stuff was OK (or maybe not, but I like to think he is honest about this).

Is it really reasonable to expect all players to know all bats at all times? Most of us do not waste all of our spare/working time here...

TMontani

Part Time Player

If you are able to memorize every USSSA, ASA, NSA approved bat just by sight, w/o having to check the list, well then more power to you man. Someday Russell Crowe will play you in a movie.

I play two leagues, ASA and NSA, and none of us are actively "on the lookout" for glass/not-approved bats. I always give the benefit of the doubt, b/c I really, really, really, really hate to think that people want that much of an edge playing softball (even in competitive leagues).

I dunno, just my 'hot-issue'. It's the one thing I hate about softball....

well, that and guys who strike-out and bring Natty Ice....**** them....

TMontani

Part Time Player
I appreciate your comments/support.

This is pretty much the deal. I wanted to be sure, and was just too busy during the game to do more (pitching & coaching keeps me busy). Some of it is on me, to sack up and check on it during the game. I will own that part of it, and am going to start checking more pre/during games...

no problem man...

cheaters and guys who are ok with cheaters drive me insane....

BigWillyP1975

Pancakes?
I'd take Natty Ice over PBR though.

How can one be "on the lookout" for glass though?

Not about memorizing every single bat out. I just figured out of 20 people on the field someone would be able to know that the yellow Legit is USSSA. Not like it's an obscure bat or anything.

TMontani

Part Time Player
I'd take Natty Ice over PBR though.

How can one be "on the lookout" for glass though?

Not about memorizing every single bat out. I just figured out of 20 people on the field someone would be able to know that the yellow Legit is USSSA. Not like it's an obscure bat or anything.

I should clarify....free beer, is free so I wont ***** about anything. But I'll mumble under my breath while I drink it.

I dont play USSSA at all, so i have zero clue.

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
I should clarify....free beer, is free so I wont ***** about anything. But I'll mumble under my breath while I drink it.

I dont play USSSA at all, so i have zero clue.

U-trip bats are SOOO much hotter. I/you can hit the same ball 20-30 feet further with U-Trip vs ASA.

And,yes, I know that 1.2 BPF is not same as MPH, but if ASA max out at 98, then U-trip are probably getting close to 120, if not exceeding it. They had somke big dudes with proper cuts that went 300+ feet. :eek:

rkjunior

Laser show, RELAX.
Cliffnotes: Troll with no life and/or understanding that U-Trip bats are much hotter, and leagues choose ASA for a reason. :rolleyes:

I play both and they're not game-changing to where it's going to give one team that much of an advantage. Hell, I would be willing to bet a well broken in Extended is just as hot as any average utrip bat... Suck up the loss to you getting beat by a better team rather than blaming the bat and work to get better.

U-trip bats are SOOO much hotter. I/you can hit the same ball 20-30 feet further with U-Trip vs ASA.

And,yes, I know that 1.2 BPF is not same as MPH, but if ASA max out at 98, then U-trip are probably getting close to 120, if not exceeding it. They had somke big dudes with proper cuts that went 300+ feet. :eek:

You really do have no clue, do you?

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
Amen bro. I don't care what brand it is at that point

Just for record, I almost never drink during games. I just cannot hit the plate/mat (self-umped, remember?) once I have 1 or 2, and I want my reflexes at their best for the come-backers.

I have other ways I relax... ;)

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
I play both and they're not game-changing to where it's going to give one team that much of an advantage. Suck up the loss to you getting beat by a better team rather than blaming the bat and work to get better.

I'm not surprised the entire point about rules/standards/cheating is lost on you and sailing over your head, like a U-Trip shot...

This bat produced various hits/runs, and it is not unreasonable to think it made a difference (though impossible to know, without a Time Machine).

That cements it. I am now taking the W via forfeit.

Thanks for helping me to decide. :p

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
I play both and they're not game-changing to where it's going to give one team that much of an advantage. Hell, I would be willing to bet a well broken in Extended is just as hot as any average utrip bat... Suck up the loss to you getting beat by a better team rather than blaming the bat and work to get better.

You really do have no clue, do you?

Whatever, Ace... I guess I can only hope to be as kewl as you one day... ::sigh::

rkjunior

Laser show, RELAX.
thinking you lost the game due to this one bat AND BELIEVING IT, is what's unbelievable to me.

So wait, it's coed AND no umpire? Real competitive league it sounds like..

They had somke big dudes with proper cuts that went 300+ feet. :eek:

This comment right here tells me everything I need to know about how "competitive" this league is.