USAF Womens Softball Team

SODAK14

Addicted to Softballfans
5089.jpg

Good luck to the USAF Women's Team and coaches...and thank you for all you do!!! :)

softballin101

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah I hope they win the whole thing. I'm kind of curious to see the other teams now. I don't recognize any of these women. Only about 4 of them are worth trying to get with. As far as permissive TDY, I have been and they cut me orders and they flew me out and provided lodging. I didn't get any kind of special per diem though!

tap2284

Watching baseball somewhere
It's called Permissive TDY. What this means is, it's on your dime to get there, you're on your own dime while your there. The only real benifit to any of us that have the oppourtunity to use this is that it doesn't go against our personel leave. On to the other subject though, them girls are puttin' in some work out there right now!! Couple aren't too shabby to look at either.

Ill tell you that you are wrong... The Military pays for flights for this, pays for lodging, uniforms and everything while playing with the All-Air Force, Navy, Marines, Army teams.... and it does not count against your leave.

Mars637

Coach
Is there a site to keep track of the tournament?

I miss Fort Sill. Spent 2 years there. A 1/12 FA MLRS.

To the moron with the tax dollars comment, unless you've served this country, STFU regarding anything military. Only those who've served have earned the right.

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
Ill tell you that you are wrong... The Military pays for flights for this, pays for lodging, uniforms and everything while playing with the All-Air Force, Navy, Marines, Army teams.... and it does not count against your leave.

This is the fact Jack! I know at least on the Marine Corps side it causes problems and its hard to get some of the better men and women players there. Commands aren't real keen on letting them be gone for a month to play softball. When I would talk to the commands, I would always tell them there are 15 people in the whole Marine Corps with the ability to make that team this year. In the big picture thats nothing. Of course they would answer back with the infamous "they are too valuable to lose" sometimes. :rolleyes:

Tell me you are missing 3/4 of your people on deployment or who are gearing up for deployments, cool. Tell me your shop falls apart if that one person is gone for a month and I tell you there are some serious leadership and training issues in your shop.

Sorry, back to talking about girl softball players.:D

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
Bottom row terd from left... got hella nek rolls

Pretty sure she would rather have the neck rolls, rather than being someone who can't spell or type for ****...just sayin'

That blonde in the middle on the bottom row is hot though!

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
You're stupid....

spoken by someone who has probably never answered that call to serve, and probably lives at home with mom and dad.

To the moron with the tax dollars comment, unless you've served this country, STFU regarding anything military. Only those who've served have earned the right.

Ironically, I spent six years in the USAF (2004-2010). That's how I ended up in Alaska. Just a regular enlisted POL guy--I wasn't uniquely talented enough for any of these exclusive extracurricular activities, so I don't have any firsthand knowledge of how those programs work.

I personally don't care that Uncle Sam pays for military personnel to play softball (or run track & field, or do any of that All-AF/Army/USMC team type stuff). I understand that the money spent on these Permissive TDYs is a drop in the bucket compared what they waste on other stuff. I just fail to see the point in having these programs--do they actually contribute to any unit's mission?

Devil Dog

You like soup?
Ironically, I spent six years in the USAF (2004-2010). That's how I ended up in Alaska. Just a regular enlisted POL guy--I wasn't uniquely talented enough for any of these exclusive extracurricular activities, so I don't have any firsthand knowledge of how those programs work.

I personally don't care that Uncle Sam pays for military personnel to play softball (or run track & field, or do any of that All-AF/Army/USMC team type stuff). I understand that the money spent on these Permissive TDYs is a drop in the bucket compared what they waste on other stuff. I just fail to see the point in having these programs--do they actually contribute to any unit's mission?

If you didn't care, you wouldn't have said what you did. There are many reasons for these programs. For one as a recruitment tool....

They contribute to morale.

Crush17er

Addicted to Softballfans
Tax dollars hard at work.

Why post dumb****...

Anybody else wondering how tall the blonde in the middle (bottom row) is?

My first thought coach... lol

Paid for or not when you fight for our country and see some of the stuff our military personal does a month out of the yr if you are giving the ability to do this i could careless whats paid for...

They contribute to morale.

N the end keeping any branch of service in high spirits is all for the positive... do work ladys n all braches men or women... but the blonde in the middle especially shes my fav... anyone get me an autographed pic.. lol

dgambill85

Banned User

Actually ******, it contributes to military moral an gives them a common thing to bond over just like the college football programs. Of this is a waste of tax dollars then lets just take away the on base leagues that are played and mess nights and **** like that. A queer ass air force *** would say some **** like this. Go back to you desk and play some world of Warcraft while real men talk in here. Tax dollars at work......they've paid their taxes thus tey are entitled to do things like this.

tap2284

Watching baseball somewhere
Paid for or not when you fight for our country and see some of the stuff our military personal does a month out of the yr if you are giving the ability to do this i could careless whats paid...

I totally agree.... That's why I went back three years in a row. Given the opportunity, why not use it.

dgambill85

Banned User
I don't know collectively the army girls team looks to have the most "talent". I'm counting 4 on the army team, three on the navy team, maybe 2 on the marine team. Definatley one there.

WCURacer29

Shady J Softball
I don't know collectively the army girls team looks to have the most "talent". I'm counting 4 on the army team, three on the navy team, maybe 2 on the marine team. Definatley one there.

I'm gonna have to agree 100% here. This coming from an Air Force member who has played ball with two of the female team members. The female Army team has the better overall "selection"