Usssa worlds

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm going. I'll be umpiring the week of Men's C and Women's C and D. The past three years I've been on the field when a champion was decided, would love to make it a fourth.

bigwignj

Addicted to Softballfans
You guys got some good starting times. @bigwignj doesn't start till noon on Thursday and @TWmccoy not until 2:40. Enjoy sleeping in. I've got to be at the park by 7am.
Good start time. Tough draw. We play the Amish boys that we’ve already played a bunch of times this year from PA. They’re a really tough squad. I think we’ve split with them this season between ASA and utrip.
Then if we win, we could possibly play another jersey team that we play against all the time. Crazy how that works out. Travel all that way and end up possibly playing 2 teams we’ve seen all year right out of the gate.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Are you playing in Brick on Saturday (if it doesn't rain out)?

Yes....but I doubt any of get to play. 2023 = RAIN on Sat every time I'm supposed to play. I'm imagining a nice hurricane in FL for D World, bc.....2023.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes....but I doubt any of get to play. 2023 = RAIN on Sat every time I'm supposed to play. I'm imagining a nice hurricane in FL for D World, bc.....2023.
I think I got rained out 7 of the first 8 times I was supposed to play this year.

If it doesn't rain, I'll find you between games and say hi. It's been close to a decade.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
How did yall end up? I've done 23 games in three days with two to go today. I don't think I had either of yall on my field this weekend.

bigwignj

Addicted to Softballfans
We finished 4-2, lost to Russel Auto Body in extras with a bump left down 1. 😔 heart breaking loss but nobody was really too mad since we all had early AM flights back home that we didn’t have to change and it was already 9pm since the fields were so far behind and we would have had to play 2 more games had we won to get to Sunday.

bigwignj

Addicted to Softballfans
Pilla sending us threatening text messages. Lol. We had a bat test “extremely low” during bat testing so he confiscated it and said he was going to digitally weigh it, which he did and it weighed as stickered. So then he asked who’s bat it was, where we got it, to which we told him, RIP from Juno gave those bats to every girl on his team he coached that won Worlds two years ago. One of those girls is dating one of our players and she told him to take her MR-1 because it’s crazy hot. So we said, sure why not. So that’s the original MR-1 “players model” bats Juno, one of USSSA big time sponsors, gave to their players. Anyway, pilla goes, well if you knew that bat was so hot, why did you use it. And I looked at him in disbelief and was like why wouldn’t we use it that’s actually exactly why we did use it. And he said because it’s not legal compression. So we respond, well how are we supposed to know that it’s not legal if you don’t test bats until the final 16 teams. And he said, logistically we just don’t have the man power to be able to do it. So he says well I’m going to personally delivery this to Andy Purcell and see if there will be any repercussions. At this point I’m like, for what, using a well broken in bat? Or if the rumors are true, the Juno players models bats are made to be lower compression than what they actually sell. It’s not altered in anyway, we 100% know that so what could possibly be the “repercussions” for using a bat that failed compression that some guys used because you can’t “logistically” test all the bats prior to the tournament. IJS, onenation and ASA has no problem testing everyone’s bats before big time tournaments. Oh and don’t forget this bat came directly from your own boy pilla, your basement softball talk podcast partner Rip. Is rip giving out cheater bats to his players? Because that seems to be what you are indirectly accusing him of by messaging these “threats”.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
We finished 4-2, lost to Russel Auto Body in extras with a bump left down 1. 😔 heart breaking loss but nobody was really too mad since we all had early AM flights back home that we didn’t have to change and it was already 9pm since the fields were so far behind and we would have had to play 2 more games had we won to get to Sunday.
Russell looked pretty good the game I had them. You must have been down on Red, in White we were ahead up until the winners bracket games started at 8. Heard red marucci went until like 1am for the team to have to come back and play at 8.
Hornets won, not much of a fight from the team from Utah that was on their third straight game.
Winners bracket final, the Hornets didn't give up a single unnecessary base. No dropped balls, lazy throws, throws to the wrong bag or bad angles. I've never seen that before at any level of softball.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
My team played like hot garbage and finished 1-2. We got thrashed our 1st game, won the 2nd by 1, then lost again by 4.

They used regular ZN Pro M's down there, not hard cores. Ball flew fine. I hit 2 HRs, and it didn't feel like I smashed either of them particularly well.

Games were way more high scoring than I remember. Ball flew better than usual. No one had trouble hitting HRs. This is not the FL I remember.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Pilla sending us threatening text messages. Lol. We had a bat test “extremely low” during bat testing so he confiscated it and said he was going to digitally weigh it, which he did and it weighed as stickered. So then he asked who’s bat it was, where we got it, to which we told him, RIP from Juno gave those bats to every girl on his team he coached that won Worlds two years ago. One of those girls is dating one of our players and she told him to take her MR-1 because it’s crazy hot. So we said, sure why not. So that’s the original MR-1 “players model” bats Juno, one of USSSA big time sponsors, gave to their players. Anyway, pilla goes, well if you knew that bat was so hot, why did you use it. And I looked at him in disbelief and was like why wouldn’t we use it that’s actually exactly why we did use it. And he said because it’s not legal compression. So we respond, well how are we supposed to know that it’s not legal if you don’t test bats until the final 16 teams. And he said, logistically we just don’t have the man power to be able to do it. So he says well I’m going to personally delivery this to Andy Purcell and see if there will be any repercussions. At this point I’m like, for what, using a well broken in bat? Or if the rumors are true, the Juno players models bats are made to be lower compression than what they actually sell. It’s not altered in anyway, we 100% know that so what could possibly be the “repercussions” for using a bat that failed compression that some guys used because you can’t “logistically” test all the bats prior to the tournament. IJS, onenation and ASA has no problem testing everyone’s bats before big time tournaments. Oh and don’t forget this bat came directly from your own boy pilla, your basement softball talk podcast partner Rip. Is rip giving out cheater bats to his players? Because that seems to be what you are indirectly accusing him of by messaging these “threats”.

I swung Anarchies that tested between 255 and 270, and the ball came off them fine.

USSSA are being idiots about bats lately.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
Backet for E came out Saturday night and was pulled down Sunday night. I'm guessing they're going to come out with a modified bracket today just like they did for C.

ETA: new bracket is out. Looks like we got a more difficult draw. Also looks like we're playing a team full of young guys.

Last edited:

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans

I can imagine how LONNNNNNNNNNNNNG this lecture was from him. 😂🤣😂

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Backet for E came out Saturday night and was pulled down Sunday night. I'm guessing they're going to come out with a modified bracket today just like they did for C.

ETA: new bracket is out. Looks like we got a more difficult draw. Also looks like we're playing a team full of young guys.

What team are you on? And looks like D has a chance to have more teams than the E....supposed to close out today tho. And good luck!!!