Utrip 2011 Craze or 2012 Craze?

Softball.com:

Poo-tee-weet

Addicted to Softballfans
I've been thinking about picking up a Craze for a little while now and I'm not to sure which one to get, so I was looking for advice from people that have maybe swung both these bats?

I see the 2011 Craze has gotten phenomenal reviews and people generally like the bat, BUT it is about the same price as the 2012 Craze and I like getting the new stuff :D.

I'm a little hesitant because the 2012 is an untested bat and I've tried searching the forums for people reviewing the bat, but there is minimal reviews on it.

For the guys out there that have swung both the 2011 and 2012 Utrip Craze, how did you like them? What were the differences? How many swings you put on them?

Thanks!

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
2012 utrip..............................................................

it made me trade my Frenzy2 and my Plague.

Thats all I got to say bout that

Tip8

Hits BOMBS in League
2011 Craze is 1 of if not the hottest bat i have hit.............My teamates would agree as well

j05h

The Veteran
Can't go wrong with either one. I did notice that the 2012 had a slightly different sound and didn't seem as end loaded as the 2011. The performance on both bats is unbelievable, especially for the price.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
Can't go wrong with either one. I did notice that the 2012 had a slightly different sound and didn't seem as end loaded as the 2011. The performance on both bats is unbelievable, especially for the price.

As endloaded....///////////////////////////???????????????????
huh? the 2010 is balanced, can the 2012 be more balances?

hlsiii

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a 2012 (Black and Orange - Xtreme 27oz) Craze has a more endloaded feel to it in my opinion. For about the 100 swings I have put on it - it is hitting very well - out of the wrapper. Hotter than the Black and yellow with less amount of swings on it. Different sound and the sweet spot is closer towards the ends of the barrel. Need more swings on it, but I am sure the durability will not be an issue.

The 2011 (Black and Yellow - Xtreme 26oz) Craze is more balanced and has about 2000 swings on it. It is insanely hot and I can almost hit HR's at will with it. Liners and shots in the gaps are no problems. Durability is not an issue.

Enjoy either/both Craze USSSA sticks, you can't go wrong....

Last edited:

Iannidas

The Rookie
I agree with hlsiii completly. I own the black and orange craze but I only have about 80 swings with it and its definetly got some pop and only getting hotter. The whole reason why I bought the craze was because I used a friends broken in black and yellow and that thing is nasty. Either way you go man your in for an awesome stick.