Utrip Mizuno Craze question???

rkj35bombs

Extra Hitter
Ive never swung one nor seen one swung! there just not popular in middle tenn. yet! i want to know if they r truely as hott as everyone is saying or out of the wrapper do u have to hit'em and put about 500 cuts before they break in????? let me know!

Magnus_CA

SHABLIZZLE!
Ive never swung one nor seen one swung! there just not popular in middle tenn. yet! i want to know if they r truely as hott as everyone is saying or out of the wrapper do u have to hit'em and put about 500 cuts before they break in????? let me know!

Mine is still a log after 250ish hits. It's the first Mizuno that has ever rung my hands. I'm crossing my fingers that it's going to open up like the other Mizunos I've had but it's no where close right now. I love Mizuno's low price tag / no return concept but if the added durability only comes from all the swings you have to put in to break it in I question its benefit.

SH444

Addicted to Softballfans
These are one of the hottest mizuno bats ever.......and mine hit great after 200hits...........go grab you a few.

hlsiii

Addicted to Softballfans
The added durability is there. Just takes some cuts. You should start to see a change after 250 + cuts. If not keep on swinging.

Keep taking bp and it will reward you. Distance will come and line drives and grounders go through the infield very quick.

mattbrand

Addicted to Softballfans
A little review for you.

I got my craze last friday.
i put 130 swings on it off of a tee and could tell it was a little stiff but when you hit the SS it felt amazing.
Today i went to some self pitch cages with my buddy. we both hit about 55 hits each on it. all i can say is wow!!!! i have never been scared when pitching inside the cages untill my buddy was hitting my craze. the ball came back so fast if i didn't have a net i would be in the hospital.

when i hit it i could still feel a ring on the mi****s, but when hit solid it was to best feeling i have had out of any bat i have ever hit. i will have to say now that it has around 250 hits it is game ready. and i will be able to see how the distance is this weekend in a tournament im playing in.

So in all this bat is the real deal and you will be very impressed with what you get.

baldgriff

Lead Oompah Loompah....
I got my Craze earlier this year and I agree early on this bat was a good line drive bat. I have at least 500 cuts on this bat minimum and remember when I knew it was broken in. Its the sound off the bat. My Craze sounds like a gun shot going off now, when initially it was just a solid crack.

When the sound the bat makes changes - you will know it is ready. Mine is ridiculous right now - and unfortunately I have to wait until next April to start playing again (Minnesota winters.......... ack!)

Keep swinging that Craze it will open up and you will like it.

pdausman

Crashing Cups
A little review for you.

I got my craze last friday.
i put 130 swings on it off of a tee and could tell it was a little stiff but when you hit the SS it felt amazing.
Today i went to some self pitch cages with my buddy. we both hit about 55 hits each on it. all i can say is wow!!!! i have never been scared when pitching inside the cages untill my buddy was hitting my craze. the ball came back so fast if i didn't have a net i would be in the hospital.

when i hit it i could still feel a ring on the mi****s, but when hit solid it was to best feeling i have had out of any bat i have ever hit. i will have to say now that it has around 250 hits it is game ready. and i will be able to see how the distance is this weekend in a tournament im playing in.

So in all this bat is the real deal and you will be very impressed with what you get.

How was the bat and how did the tournament go?

mattbrand

Addicted to Softballfans
The bat is on fire now around 800 hits. The tournament our team went two and out very rough. I only used the craze in the first game. First hit was a 10 ft high liner off the top of the wall the other two at bats was a seed through the 4-5 hole on a 5 man infield and third was a deep sac fly. So over all it is a great bat.

matt_lucero54

Banned User
yeah i am a miken guy and i am having a hard time listing my craze for sale, the bat isnt broken in yet and hits bombs, but who knows today might be the day i list it.

stealarate

Star Player
once i got around 150 hits, she really started lighting up.. then the freezing cold came... i saw a kid break one from a hit near the handle on a 30 degree day. the balls were also frozen like a rock. but, i let that same kid use my demarini f4 (metal shell bat) and he broke that on one hit..
so don't let fresh out of high school baseball players use your craze (or any other bat) in cold ass weather !

chy28tm

Manager
mizuno craze

Boys. Mizuno has finally attained their goal A hott A** bat with superb durability!! It has been pretty cold in eastern NC and we are still banging them without breaking. It was nice to get through a full season of USSSA Conference play without breaking a bat(for me). Only a handful of bats broke for the entire season as a team. The only problem was them getiting too hottt for Conference play. : )

Some of the bats are hottt out of the wrap but most break in after 1-200 cuts. I"m a small fella so mine take a little longer. : )
Anyhow; keep on whacking them my Mizuno Fam!

Happy Holidays!!!