Value of a bat grip

Theseaduck

The Veteran
might be wrong section to post....but your thoughts ...
Does a NIW bat Without a grip lose selling value? clearly not hit...perfect condition...
works for both return with Barcode and bats that were no warranty from the get go like a mizuno blackout...

RustyShakleford

i had some stupid people argue with me on facebook last year cause i sold a niw bat with no grip. he wanted $10-15 cause now he had to buy a lizard skin or a grip. put some tape on it and **** off. they were morons

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Niw bat without a grip ehh possibly ever so slightly if I really want the bat and it a good price I wouldn't put too much on it not having a grip..

Bats on the other hand that are returnable with everything need to return it or without is a bargaining tool if that's what your asking..

Essentially it come down to what a buyer feels and how much they want to try and haggle over a bat grip.. Not much stock in one without ( to bargain on) imo but again that totally up to both parties involved in the deal

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
If your bat is priced right, it will sell regardless of the grip.

But, there are probably some OCD people out there who want the OG grip. So, you may potentially lose some prospective buyers that would have bought if you had the OG grip. But, that's their loss not yours.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
If your bat is priced right, it will sell regardless of the grip.

But, there are probably some OCD people out there who want the OG grip. So, you may potentially lose some prospective buyers that would have bought if you had the OG grip. But, that's their loss not yours.
^^correct

RustyShakleford

it's like buying a house with no curtains. yea some dumb buyers might not want to pay for them, but normal people understand they will be buying their own to fit their tastes.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Grips aren't a factor for me. Hell, when I buy new bats the first thing I do is take the grip off. I much prefer a thin layer of tape anyway.

I agree that anyone who haggles about the price of a grip during a bat deal is pedantic and probably not worth dealing with.

CircleL

Starting Player
I look at it this way if 2 people were sell the same NIW bat for the same price one had no grip. Which bat would sell first? Pretty sure the one with the grip. That means the grip has value.
Just saying!

I generally change grips as well but I do think they have value.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
I look at it this way if 2 people were sell the same NIW bat for the same price one had no grip. Which bat would sell first? Pretty sure the one with the grip. That means the grip has value.
Just saying!

I generally change grips as well but I do think they have value.

For me, it depends on that bat. Worth and miken, I swap out the grip since they are too thick. Dames I keep the og, but add a grip and rip lite. Combats come with lizard skins, so I typically leave them alone.

I use mostly gamma grips at a buck a piece so overall I don't care if it has a grip but I would expect it as a part of the description or shown in the pics

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
If grips had no value stores would give them away free.

Should you change a bat price over it? No.

Effecting the price of a much larger product and having no value are two different things.

It's not a big deal IMO, but it's best to disclose it in selling. I've sold a bat without and been questioned after, but he agreed it didn't require a refund. He just assumed it would have one as niw meant totally brand new condition to him, and he is not wrong no matter how dry joker is about it.

AydenB00

The Rookie
when the B1 came out guys would buy the grip off that bat or they would ask if had the OG grip on the bat if you were selling , so there for some grips do have value