Very specific question

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
This may be too specific, but here goes.

17 years ago I had my acl repaired with my hamstring tendon. Even doing some of my rehab type things still, that hamstring cramps if I point my toes and flex at the knee pulling my foot up behind me.

I can barely hold it up for three seconds before it starts cramping.

Is that just weakness? Do I just need to do holds like that to strengthen it? It doesn't effect my running noticably, but I can hold my other foot up for a long time with no cramping. It's rarely a problem, but if I have to hold it like that it cramps severely and is very painful.

Aziatik

This may be too specific, but here goes.

17 years ago I had my acl repaired with my hamstring tendon. Even doing some of my rehab type things still, that hamstring cramps if I point my toes and flex at the knee pulling my foot up behind me.

I can barely hold it up for three seconds before it starts cramping.

Is that just weakness? Do I just need to do holds like that to strengthen it? It doesn't effect my running noticably, but I can hold my other foot up for a long time with no cramping. It's rarely a problem, but if I have to hold it like that it cramps severely and is very painful.
Sounds like you need strengthening, stretching and mobility work. Sit in a hard surface, put a softball under your leg on the hammy, look for where its most sensitive, usually at the bottom of the muscle belly, apply downward pressure on the softball and then extend your leg. Repeat for a few minutes moving the ball around the hammy to ease it up. Stretching there are a million videos on you tube. Take a look at kettlebell swings and snatches for strength.