Vinci ?

boilersmac

Addicted to Softballfans
This may be a stupid question, but here goes:

When Vinci says a glove is made of Optimus, Kip, or any other specific leather, is the entire glove made of that leather, or is it just the palm/pocket and the rest of the glove may be a lower grade? I only ask because I have an Optimus 1b glove and the backside leather seems thinner. Also, as a frame of reference, car manufacturers are allowed to call seats "leather" and only make the middle strip, the majority of where we sit, actually out of leather and the rest is vinyl. Since the Optimus is substantially more $, i figured it was all Optimus leather, but I figured I'd ask.

Also, is there a more universal name and description for the Optimus leather, so it could be compared side by side with high end gloves from other manufacturers?

Thanks in advance!

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
Usually it means the entire outside of the glove is made with that specific leather (unless mesh). Optimus is just the name of what Vinci called it's highest quality leather.

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
The entire glove is made of the same 5, 6 or 6.5 oz leather depending on the model. There are no differences between the front, back, side or wherever you want to compare.