Waukesha bp thread v3.0

bdclubber

Addicted to Softballfans
I personally don't have an issue with any team that wants to come and play in our tourney. That being said, it does become an issue when you start to get teams that normally play every year all of a sudden they won't play if so and so is in. When you are financially invested in running the tourney, it makes more sense to not allow the "upper" in order to keep the 3-4 other teams. Last year I had to put in those stupid rules to try and make everyone happy. I hate to have to tell a team that they can't come and play. What I did find sort of funny is that the only teams really bitching about rosters were the so called "upper" teams.

WiscBdevils06

Addicted to Softballfans
The problem with WI softball is everyone wants to be king of tiny tikes town tourny, get a trophy, Talk about how good they are on facebook but never challange themselves to be better against the best teams. When the supposed best teams come to tourny's and win teams complain how they can never win instead of trying to figure out how to beat them. Take Lemmer's team for example they used to be not nearly as good as what they are today, but instead of just whining about losing to Venom, KA, Sals, Bubba's etc they found out how to beat those teams and then they won a national tournament. They are in the minority though. Every team wants to run a tournament have it be 5-7 homers with $1000 payouts and call it a LOWER tournament, well in reality thats so far from the truth Lower tourny's should have 1-2 HRs MAX. D USSSA is ZERO HOME RUNS.. Also you play nationally and because there are 3 teams from around here that do you become decent and you get bumped. I'm Listed as an A player, by no means am I an A player but because I was on the roster of a team who won a Super World when I wasn't there playing I get stuck into being that and it makes it hard for people to play on teams of their level. I know I'm kinda rambling but my point ultimately is there isn't enough tournaments where all the "good teams show up" because if there is a tourny like that the teams who complain about them just don't show up and complain. Its definitely not like that in other states. WHy is it that way here? The second though my team doesn't get allowed into BD tourny I had 3 FB messages asking me to play with their team? Isn't that counter productive? I don't have a good answer to fix it, but I would love to see it fixed. It should be more than Comatose, Venom, Sals, MCR, ELite, Syndicate, and WTP playing Worlds. Why can't we have a Dome type turnout in the middle of the summer? Shoot I would take 24/32 teams in a tournament. Not that my opinion matters but there it is.

jlemmer24

Addicted to Softballfans
Very good points bg... I wonder how many teams are going to have things to say after this weekends trny in Oconomowoc? This trny this weekend is loaded. Comatose, Venom, Bubbas all playing there.. Not to say those are the best teams there but seem to be the most known. Now will people complain with the rosters they have? Yes I know its not listed as lower but I bet people will still complain.... Trust me I do understand lower trnys are how you make your money I do know that... Again I was bored and wanted to ask a question on your thread. Not trying to still up anything just wanted some insight....

Pretty

Softball is cool
The problem with WI softball is everyone wants to be king of tiny tikes town tourny, get a trophy, Talk about how good they are on facebook but never challange themselves to be better against the best teams. When the supposed best teams come to tourny's and win teams complain how they can never win instead of trying to figure out how to beat them.

Nailed it. Also, the other issue I think someone mentioned too is no roster check ****zle. It can be a rec league tourny but since you don't have to submit rosters, people get added all the time Friday night. I always love playing Saturday, make it to Sunday and the team you beat Saturday shows up with 8 new guys sunday and play from the losers bracket.

lmob29

swingn' hard just incase
Rosters will be bįtched about I'm sure. It always happens. I've heard there are some upper level players around this weekend but nbd it's more fun against the best......come on now.

lmob29

swingn' hard just incase
:wtf2: Ps......bring Nick back!!! He'd have something to say about this I'm sure........lol. He can bring this thread back all by himself.

sjury

The Old Man
I'm still on the "blame the director" train. Look at Dunn's tourney. He does a good job on the teams he allows in, there are still guys that complain, though. I've played for several teams over the years and won it with teams, and been two and a bbq a couple times, but every year, every team I've played on, if we played ball, I bet had a chance to win it.

There are times where you have to deal with it. Fort Atkinson has a play in game and then an upper and a lower, first year I played, we lost our first game by 1 run and then went on to win the lower, and we run ruled a bunch of teams and they were complaining to the TD, but the team we lost to won the upper, it wasn't our fault.

There are tournaments you get into and of the 24 teams, you can basically pick the final four, but everyone is human, and if you can catch on of those KA/Sals/Venom/MCR/Subway/Fuzzys LuckyRabbit teams when they have a bad game and only score 5 or 6 which can happen, and you can get into the money rounds.