week 16: locked out of locks

ntz

tricknollegy
the cards were on their 3rd qb, while the texans are only on their second. this alone makes them worse. far worse.

Stretch19

Grow up
not saying they are any good, but thought i heard that stat during one of the games...whats that based on, like yards allowed or some ****?

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
Career passer rating of QBs targeting Darrelle Revis 2007-15: 60.4
Passer rating of QBs targeting Darrelle Revis 2016: 109.8

220px-ToastedWhiteBread.jpg

3XC

Big Truss
not saying they are any good, but thought i heard that stat during one of the games...whats that based on, like yards allowed or some ****?
Yards allowed. Scoring defense is a separate stat.

Yeah the whole "#1 defense" thing is about as reputable as car dealerships claiming to be the "Number one Kia dealer in greater Scottsdale!" thing. Utterly ****ing meaningless.

I heard in last nights game that Dallas was the #1 run defense. Other teams not running the ball against you is not run defense. Its a good offense. Anyway, in 2000, the Ravens allowed 10.6 points per game and were by any measure one of the best units in history, period. No sane person has them outside the top 3, but they were not the NFL's #1 defense for the season. The Titans allowed fewer yards and so were the "#1" defense for 2000.

Texans scoring defense is ranked 10th.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
I am liking these newer Raiders. The old Raiders would have already brought in Manziel for a tryout.

3XC

Big Truss
Al Davis died, that's the new.

If Al Davis was alive, yeah, Manziel for sure, probably also some other ****. Low character thugs, he'd find them. Run a 4.18 and have flippers for hands and an IQ of 34? He'd draft you.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
i dont know about the chiefs....i just dont know. 6 2nd half tds scored in 11 weeks....

they cant keep having these weird odd tds every week but they do...last 4 weeks

55 yd fake punt run td
90 yd 2 pt conversion int
80 yd te screen
70 yd dive run by a wr
3 yd tebow jump pass by a 330 lb nose tackle

everything i know says theyre fools gold but it just keeps happening

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
i loved that block kelce put on that dude. flat knocked his butt in the dirt.
best block i saw in awhile.

hedge

life takes guts
I'm already thinking about keepers for next years league.

Prolly gonna roll with Howard, fat rob, Amari, sanders, tyreek hill or crowder, and Delanie.

3XC

Big Truss
How many keepers do you get? Damn.

More than 1 is too many. Dynasty leagues suck. Bad owners have bad teams, quit, and are replaced by other bad owners who got guilted/tricked into participating and have the worst team with no talent. The death knell of a dynasty league is when you have 6 original owners and 6 wives. Nobody else is gullible enough to pay for a team whose best player is Frank Gore.

One keeper can be fun, so long as you can't keep the same dude in consecutive years.

3XC

Big Truss
This is easily the most whacky yet stale NFL season evarrrrrrrrr
Stale is a good description. As fun as it was to see the Raiders coming out party, Carr getting hurt actually reduces the odds I enjoy this postseason from 40% to about 10%. I would rather be locked in the trunk of a car for 3 hours than sit through 3 hours of the Patriots hamming it up for calls in a game where the pivotal play is a penalty. Considering we're gonna get still another Super Bowl where New England is gifted a win (thanks Darrell Bevell, for that) I might just find a nice comfy trunk.

ntz

tricknollegy
yet if the pats play the cowboys it will easily be the most viewed superbowl of all time.

3XC

Big Truss
No doubt. There's more people now than 25 years ago, more eyeballs = more viewers. Also Dallas, alone, is responsible for like 80% of any increase over a normal SB. New England isn't interesting because they're not new. And most of their fans will defect and become Dallas (or whoever's good) fans anyway after Brady retires and they're no longer a 12+ win team every damn year.

I'd be happier with a Dallas/Pittsburgh SB that Dallas wins by 40, to be honest. Or even better, Atlanta wins by 40. Ha.

MormonBaller

Not really a Mormon
Super Bowl commercials sell themselves. College Playoff Commercials are a bit tougher. Everyone please watch the College Playoffs

Country469

Maybe stop letting poor people schools like Ohio State and Alabama in.

Those two states combined don't equal T boone pickens. Put OK State in already.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
Stale is a good description. As fun as it was to see the Raiders coming out party, Carr getting hurt actually reduces the odds I enjoy this postseason from 40% to about 10%. I would rather be locked in the trunk of a car for 3 hours than sit through 3 hours of the Patriots hamming it up for calls in a game where the pivotal play is a penalty. Considering we're gonna get still another Super Bowl where New England is gifted a win (thanks Darrell Bevell, for that) I might just find a nice comfy trunk.

missing the playoffs 2 years straight is not a good look for your hometown team

Primo

fat and famous pablo
I'm a bmore fan.......they have nothing to worry about. They still have ozzie newsome and they get to come into a draft where it's insanely deep w/ players who actually win you games instead of the idiots drafting bad players just to fill a void their fan base thinks they have.....

they've got a lot of pieces and have just been plagued w/ injuries....they'll revamp the oline via the draft or FA, grab a wr and te from somewhere and dump some weight like Ozzie knows how to...like Dumervill, hester and Matt freakin' Elam.....

hedge

life takes guts
How many keepers do you get? Damn.

More than 1 is too many. Dynasty leagues suck. Bad owners have bad teams, quit, and are replaced by other bad owners who got guilted/tricked into participating and have the worst team with no talent. The death knell of a dynasty league is when you have 6 original owners and 6 wives. Nobody else is gullible enough to pay for a team whose best player is Frank Gore.

One keeper can be fun, so long as you can't keep the same dude in consecutive years.

6 keepers. We roll 1/4 of the buyin into a pot. When someone wins two years in a row they get that and the league resets. Kinda weird but fun

Primo

fat and famous pablo
my father's league started in 1992 as a dynasty.....then, they had 8 teams as the talent was much more spread out.....

the guy who won this year had Zeke, David Johnson, Demarco, Freeman and Hyde......

so much fun, i'm sure....i remember at one time he had Barry, Emmitt, Bettis and Ricky Watters

3XC

Big Truss
Baltimore's problem is Jimmy Smith missing every important game since 2014.

Ravens allowed 447 yards of offense and 5 TDs in the two 4th quarters played against Pittsburgh in 2016. That's 30 minutes of football, 447 yards, pretty much all of it through the air.

Yes, Brown is amazing, and nobody REALLY shuts him down, but Smith is a good measure better than the hacks they put out there on Sunday. Baltimore's secondary is the issue.

Not to mention, Weddle and Mosley have Brown stopped at the 2 with 9 seconds left and no way to stop the clock. Mosley wraps up and the Ravens win. Instead of putting both arms around the much smaller Brown and taking him down, he wrapped up his leg and fell backwards, looking every inch the *****. Brown is 5'11" 180, and not a Steve Smith 180 either. He's built like a ballet dancer.

The defense is solid up front, but the horrific CB play ended their season. In a division with two of the best WRs, the Ravens continue to trot out undrafted guys, reclamation projects cast off from other teams, and the ancient and slow Lardarius Webb. Weddle is also no spring chicken. No team really has true depth at CB, but since Smith is proven to be made of glass, its on them for having NOBODY behind him who is worth a damn.

Any team that loses to the Jets deserves to watch the playoffs.