what are the infield "holes" aka 5 hole...

shortstop5

T2W #5
i always have a debate with guys on this. does anyone know for sure.

for example. hole between short and 3rd basement = 5 hole... what are the others?

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
I usually refer to them as the 5-6 hole. To me, the 5 hole is drilling it down the 3B line. If it's between two fielders, I use their position numbers to refer to it... the 3-4 hole, the 5-6 hole, etc.

hinzy

}}i{{
5 hole = between the fielders legs
Batting title hole = Between the 3b and SS

Only time I ever use the term

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans

for example. hole between short and 3rd basement = 5 hole... what are the others?

I only have 1 basement and it's more for storage than a hole. The fact that you have 3 is astonishing.

Oh yeah, **** you and your ****ty avatar ;)

JoeG3

Doesnt matter, had sex
You go by the fielder #s in a book.

3B = 5, SS = 6, 2B = 4, 1B = 3 (6-4-3 double play)

So 5-6 hole , 4-3 hole, space between those fielders.

Someone can correct if needed, but I believe "5 hole" might be a hockey term. Scoring a goal through the goalie's legs.

hoimin

Addicted to Softballfans
You go by the fielder #s in a book.

3B = 5, SS = 6, 2B = 4, 1B = 3 (6-4-3 double play)

So 5-6 hole , 4-3 hole, space between those fielders.

Someone can correct if needed, but I believe "5 hole" might be a hockey term. Scoring a goal through the goalie's legs.
^^ Yup.

diamond.gif

039842-1.gif

Nateorious

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^ funny stuff.

Just don't call up the middle the 1 hole or the 4 - 6 hole, you will be looked at funny.

we've always called a shot up the gut on either side of the pitcher 5-hole.. just because its splitting the middle kinda like going through the legs in hockey....

jamelie22

Star Player
"5 hole" is a hockey term meaning the space between the goalie's legs. If I were to use this term in softball, it would mean hitting up the middle or at the pitcher.

THE ICON

Addicted to Softballfans

if you don't know, you should not be playing infield cuz. btw, shortstop is #6

jakeski13

Eat Sleep Conquer Repeat
Its a Hockey term which means it goes in between the goalies legs. When a fielder lets a ball through their legs that is what the 5 hole is refered ti in baseball/softball. Thats it.