What are you expecting this week from Easton?

BRAINTRAIN

Addicted to Softballfans
It's completely stupid. It reminds me of general motors before they had to kill off all their companies that were only competing with themselves.

I get the fact that most easton fans from years past dont see the value in all these models. But try to buy any of the limited models that have come out. Most are sold out. Hard to say it's stupid when it's working. Miken/ worth have been doing it for a few years now and its proven to be worth it. At least Easton is experimenting with different barrel lengths, instead of repainting the same bar over and over again

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I get the fact that most easton fans from years past dont see the value in all these models. But try to buy any of the limited models that have come out. Most are sold out. Hard to say it's stupid when it's working. Miken/ worth have been doing it for a few years now and its proven to be worth it. At least Easton is experimenting with different barrel lengths, instead of repainting the same bar over and over again
Worth and Miken didn't sell 99% of their exclusives through one store either, and I still don't see the real value in this. It's a flash in the pan, get rich quick scheme that can just as easily back fire on the retailer. I'm not saying Eastons dumb for it unless they aren't requiring minimums for this retailer. I'm saying it's dumb for the retailer.

Just because they're out of stock doesn't mean they're selling like crazy. They can easily throttle supply to increase the appearance of demand.

chile

Bad Ape
I just can't keep up...and from a selling standpoint, I can see how it's working but if I just wanna walk over to Richard's and use my military discount on a bat, I can't because 1) they're out of stock 99.78% of the time or 2) the bat with the specs I want is exclusive to some ****ing place...

chile

Bad Ape
Plus we're waiting on normal Easton returns, how long will an exclusive return take?

and how many of the exclusives are actually gonna be made for returns? idk **** about manufacturing but it would seem like that's a lot of different bats to produce...

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
and how many of the exclusives are actually gonna be made for returns? idk **** about manufacturing but it would seem like that's a lot of different bats to produce...
Producing the bats isn't that big of a deal, but managing inventory on 16 models instead of six is if you care about doing a good job. You don't want unsold models, unhappy customers, or leftover stock.

My main beef is yours. I want to support sbf. That ten inch barrel exclusive, that's fine, but there should be a Helmer and Wegman main line bat available at sbf. Right now I'm leaning toward saying screw it and buying a demarinis from sbf.

chile

Bad Ape
Producing the bats isn't that big of a deal, but managing inventory on 16 models instead of six is if you care about doing a good job. You don't want unsold models, unhappy customers, or leftover stock.

My main beef is yours. I want to support sbf. That ten inch barrel exclusive, that's fine, but there should be a Helmer and Wegman main line bat available at sbf. Right now I'm leaning toward saying screw it and buying a demarinis from sbf.

totally agree

BRAINTRAIN

Addicted to Softballfans
Plus we're waiting on normal Easton returns, how long will an exclusive return take?

I'm with you on that too. Sent in a endload a month ago. Was told two days ago that I might get it in a month. But if I wanted I could have a Ronin... um.. no thanks.

I'm more or less just talking out my ass and it's all my opinion. But I think the idea was to create more hype around easton bats. We all know that retailers always had to clear them out for nothing every year.

I was kinda upset that the helmer line was an exclusive also. But that company has now came to Canada. So its easier for me to get.

Works the same here. My local stores only sell the endload and balanced fireflex. Have to go outside of what I normally support to get them. But those company's have the same chance to have an exclusive too. Just have to put up the money.

dunkky

so, what does all this mean? people getting excited about. i thought bats couldn't get any better. are they actually better this year in terms of performance?

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
so, what does all this mean? people getting excited about. i thought bats couldn't get any better. are they actually better this year in terms of performance?

Its more about preference more than performance.

Some guys are excited about the 10” and 11” barrels because it’s different, but also just the multiple options that are available now with all the new releases...

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm with you on that too. Sent in a endload a month ago. Was told two days ago that I might get it in a month. But if I wanted I could have a Ronin... um.. no thanks.

I'm more or less just talking out my ass and it's all my opinion. But I think the idea was to create more hype around easton bats. We all know that retailers always had to clear them out for nothing every year.

I was kinda upset that the helmer line was an exclusive also. But that company has now came to Canada. So its easier for me to get.

Works the same here. My local stores only sell the endload and balanced fireflex. Have to go outside of what I normally support to get them. But those company's have the same chance to have an exclusive too. Just have to put up the money.
Years ago yes, but not last year. I don't mind them having exclusives, I just don't want what has always been mainline bats to be turned into them. I can't see Miken taking the DC 41 and only allowing it to be purchased from one place.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
As a longtime Easton fan I'm happy to see them finally develop some hype around their bats.

But I also miss the days when there was a short and long barrel Synergy, a short and long barrel Stealth, and a single Salvo model in case you were short on cash.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
The optimized player weighting, MOI voodoo nonsense must be coming from Coop. Same thing when he was with Combat, when it was used as an excuse for a 27oz stickered bat to scale at 29oz. That was also around the same time Combat was advertising one of their bats as having two separate sweetspots....

bakesta72

washed up hasbeen of SBF
The optimized player weighting, MOI voodoo nonsense must be coming from Coop. Same thing when he was with Combat, when it was used as an excuse for a 27oz stickered bat to scale at 29oz. That was also around the same time Combat was advertising one of their bats as having two separate sweetspots....

WTF? :eek:

bakesta72

washed up hasbeen of SBF
The fire flex loaded (orange and blue) isnt 1oz endload. 26oz is .5 27iz is .75 and 28oz is 1oz

Not quite sure where you’re finding that information. Everything i’ve seen says 1oz endload. And even the one I have feels like a 1oz endload. I could be wrong, as i was researching this list late last night.

BRAINTRAIN

Addicted to Softballfans
Not quite sure where you’re finding that information. Everything i’ve seen says 1oz endload. And even the one I have feels like a 1oz endload. I could be wrong, as i was researching this list late last night.

I asked coop because I heard to many different things. Everything I've read said the same tho. But I did have all 3 weights and you could tell they where different loads.